Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, count me in... I got the same problem, I mean worse, I get erections everywhere and in any situation, I don't know what you call this (may be being Damn Horny).... but I have use to it!!! I can't remember having any erection problem even after sex and 3rd ejaculation,,, he he

hi all

i am 18 and regularly attend the gym
have no problem being nude around other guys in the locker room, but i do tend to cover up because i am afraid of geting an errection even though i am not turned on by most of the guys although i do like to chech some out:tongue: , when i do go completly nude in the shower etc i always have a towel close by.
does anyone have any tip on how to keep soft in these situations.
is it just my age?

That was my big fear when I was a teenager as well. I've used communal showers for 20 years now (since I was 20), and have only seen 1 guy with a raging hardon out of the thousands of guys that I have showered with over the years, but I have seen plenty of semis and even had a few semis myself. To be honest man, I really didn't care that the guy was erect. He wasn't doing anything inappropriate like jerking off or entering my personal space. He just continued showering, left the shower room, and covered up with a towel. I think most guys understand that it is just your body reacting to factors such as a change in temperature, or the fact that after an intense workout you naturally feel horny because of the extra testosterone pumping through your body. I sure feel horny after a hard workout. There have been times where I came home and had awesome sex with my wife or jerked off as soon as I got home (not in they gym) because of the testosterone pumping through my body :smile:. A woody just lets you know that your body is working properly, and I find that my orgasms are far more intense after a good workout. I would be more concerned if I COULDN'T get it up. I'm 40 now, and have never had difficulty getting or maintaining an erection. I have to thank regular exercise and a good diet for that blessing.:rolleyes: If I feel a woody starting to happen at an inappropriate time, I do the following things (and they always work):

1. Picture my mother-in-law naked :eek: (if you don't have a mother-in-law think of someone else equally unappealing).

2. Alternate between cold and warm water when showering. Hot water gets me hard sometimes. The shock to your system of going from hot to cold water should tame the beast.

3. Use the hot tub, sauna, or steam room before you strip off. After a good 10 minutes in there, I don't think I could get it up if Pamela Anderson offered to sit on my face. :biggrin1:

4. Think of something incredibly boring that you have to do later.

5. Strike up a conversation with someone near you. I don't know why, but for some reason talking with other guys while I'm naked removes any discomfort from the situation. A lot of times your hardon is because of nervous energy you have in your body because you are nude and exposing yourself (something we are taught not to do when growing up). Once you calm those nerves by talking to someone and realize that they are cool about the situation of being nude, the nervous energy disappears. I've met and had some pretty amazing conversations with other guys while we were both naked - nothing sexual about it.

I don't suggest jerking off at home before going to the gym. I find that makes me hornier later on at an inopportune time.

Enjoy the wonders of manhood dude. I sure do.

This is a great thread, I have a question for guys, str8 or gay, do you leave the towel on when changing for the shower?

I am 32, and have done both but mostly just leave the towel wrapped, it is a stupid habit, but I feel like anyone in their 20s or 30s leaves the towel wrapped. I don't know why I care, I guess I just don't want the other guys to think I am gay. (just being honest)...I am bi, hook up with guys every once in a while...but never into at the gym or locker room...I am there to work out, and pretty modest, etc...

just wondering why it seems younger guys change this way and guys in their late 40 and 50s walk around completely naked, shave naked, etc...thoughts?

Totally nude dude. I have no problem with being naked (actually enjoy it) and won't give in to this new paranoia that has gripped the younger generation. If anything, I catch the younger dudes checking me out more than the older ones. Most times they follow what I'm doing and end up going nude themselves. If they don't like it, that's their hang-up not mine. Nudity is normal in a locker room.

Nikkiwadlin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was married and had two kids, and one on the way. We were vacationing at Atlantic Beach NC, where I had been raised close by. Anyway, we went to a beach, changed into bathing suits, but a bad storm came up suddenly, so we went to the shower and changing room, me on the men side and my wife and girls on the womens. When I changed into my bathing suit there was no one in there, but when the storm came up it was full of naked marines from Cherry Point, oh my GOD! I was like in heaven, what hot shaped, chizzled, gorgeous men. I looked and looked, they were everywhere, naked and proud. Well of course I popped out, right there, me naked and supporting a boner. I ran quickly to put on my clothes, absolutely mortified. This is a true event in my life. If I embellished I would o on to say that we had a wild sex event but sorrowfully, no. I always knew I was gay, but I was born in the 50's, gay was not accepted at all, so I played the part and ruined a girls (my ex) life and my kids, I love them and they love me, but there surely has to be some shame. I think in order to stop this, we have to accept homosexuality, otherwise, men will have to try to play str8 and marry and ruin lives. Oh well thats my take on it.

Nikkiwadlin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Let me ask, how many gay men have tried to lead a str8 life, even getting married, maybe having children. All because we are afraid of being ostracized.

Love to hear you story, pm if you don't want to post.

Texasjon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
so I played the part and ruined a girls (my ex) life and my kids, I love them and they love me, but there surely has to be some shame.

I think if the same relationship happened 30 years ago, I might (10% agree of less)

Today views are different. The "Love" of your kids proves my thoughts.

Texasjon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
First off, your not the only one.

"Sorry, Thinking about my date tonight!" might work. LOL

Once I was in the stream room alone just kicking back and relaxing and started to get an erection out of the blue. Took matters into my own hands and took care of business. Once I was done a voice from the other side of the room said, "Good Job! Thanks." Now that was awkward!

I learned quick. Think about something else and keep my hands off my dick.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey Nikkiwadlin,
I don't think you necesarily ruined anybody's life.
Maybe just wasted some of your own time.
Shame? I don't know. I don't know why.
I am from New Jersey, and being a gay dad, or a "gay American"
doesn't seem to hold anybody back from anything - not even the office of governor. It's normal, it happens.
Maybe you guys could parly your shame into respective book deals too.
I'm sorry to joke, I realize that you probably need to talk some of this stuff out. But take my word for it - it's not that huge a deal. Make your life from this point on true to yourself, and what you want it to be.

Randyvoorburg

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have the same problem and i'm already 33. I get a boner or get on the verge of it whenever i'm naked in front of others, men, women, doctors, whoever, at the slightest hint or even the thought of someone else looking at my cock, even moreso a few people at once, gives me a boner. I thought it was something that i could get used to and figured if I get naked often enough, or have sex in front of other people enough, that the thrill would wane off. But strangely enough i still have the same problem, i drop my towel and have just a few seconds to put on my underwear.

RookySteve1

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've never gotten a hard-on in the gym showers or in the locker room. But, I've always worried it might happen. I remember when I was a freshman in high school, I saw two guys (at different times) with full hard-ons in the locker room. Some guys were teasing them and some were chasing them around snapping a towel at their asses.

I have to admit that I definitely enjoyed seeing those hard dicks.

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
Totally nude dude. I have no problem with being naked (actually enjoy it) and won't give in to this new paranoia that has gripped the younger generation. If anything, I catch the younger dudes checking me out more than the older ones. Most times they follow what I'm doing and end up going nude themselves. If they don't like it, that's their hang-up not mine. Nudity is normal in a locker room.

You make a lot of good points and set a good example for confidence and self-acceptance of our nude bods amongst our own gender. Bravo, keep it up, would love to hear more from you about this and your experiences doing this.

sex101

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
thanks for all the advice given in this thread, i tend not to think about it, if i do feel a hard on coming i just go to toilet and have a wank that normally sorts me out, i have no problen walkin around nude with other guys, i actually enjoy it makes me feel manly and love to check out other guys to compare dody types and cocks with

You make a lot of good points and set a good example for confidence and self-acceptance of our nude bods amongst our own gender. Bravo, keep it up, would love to hear more from you about this and your experiences doing this.

I've been doing it for 20 years now, so I really don't give it much thought. It just seems unmanly and feminine to me for guys to cover up around their own gender in a locker room or shower. I just shake my head and laugh at the younger generation with their bizzare attitudes about nudity. Every guy has the same equipment, so I just cannot understand this crazy over modesty that has taken root. Personally, I would feel absolutely ridiculous hiding in a shower stall, wearing clothes in a shower or doing "the towel dance" to get changed in the locker room. I saw 3 buds doing that in the locker room the other day. They were obviously good friends with each other and they all put on their boxers under their towels. WTF? Guys afraid to be naked around their friends now? The other week I saw a guy showering in his shorts AND A SHIRT!!!!:eek: Too freakin' wierd. I have just started working out at a new gym in my town that has a communal shower with 6 shower heads (there is also a double stall with 2 shower heads and a curtain for the sissys). Every time I've showered there, I'm the only one that uses the shower (communal and stall)! I guess there are guys that won't use the stall because there are 2 shower heads in there and someone might see them naked (God forbid - society would fall into ruin if that happened don't you know :rolleyes:). I actually saw one young guy go into the steam room in his boxers and then come out and get into his clothes without showering. GROSS! :eek: Today at the pool a guy wrapped himself in a towel, threw it over the shower curtain railing once the curtain was closed (wouldn't use the hook outside the stall) and came out after his shower changed into his clothes. I just don't get how the men's locker room and shower has become so sexualized nowadays. The old fashioned way of communal showers was better in my opinion. Guys got over their modesty really quick because you had to. I was shy at first (20 years ago), but now I think nothing of it because if you didn't use a communal shower back then you couldn't shower until you got home.

I have attached a picture I found on-line of a typical communal shower and how I remember it used to be common place in my day. Can anyone tell me what is remotely sexual about this scene? I sure don't see it.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Media
I got a boner the first few times and just sat on the bench til it went down and then jumped in the hot tub to relax and try and get my mind on something else. I think its a normal thing when you first start being naked in a setting like that.

If i saw u getting a boner I'd probably say don't worry about it it has happened to all of us, try to be the big brother type.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I have attached a picture I found on-line of a typical communal shower and how I remember it used to be common place in my day. Can anyone tell me what is remotely sexual about this scene? I sure don't see it.

Yep, that looks a lot like my high school shower looked, all open.
Use to see a lot of guys "fluff" themselves as they walked from the locker to the shower.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
... if i saw you get a boner id smile :D

I never "fluffed" in H.S. In fact, I don't think these guys were fulffing to make it hard, just bigger. However, this does remind me of something. An old friend from Elementary school contacted me and we would attend a Christian summer camp each year. Like probably most teen males, I was a walking erection most of the time, it seemed. But I was totally new to all this public shower stuff.

I walked in to the shower with a hardon, he looked down and made some comment, like "hard huh?" And I just brushed it off, or did I get embarrased, I don't remember. That wasn't the first time that happened.

For some reason I looked up toward the ceiling at that point and there were a pair of eyes looking down through the vent cover.

The guest pastor and his family usually stayed in the room above the showers. Those perverts!

BTW, the last email I sent to my old friend was about camp and he has yet to respond.