locker room advice!!

jojonana

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you feel you are going to get a boner, then let it happen. Why should you get anxious and stressed about what others may htink of a perfectly normal occurence? It is normal and natural for men and boys to get an erection - and that's it. Anyone who comments negatively is the one with the problem, not you.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
If you feel you are going to get a boner, then let it happen. Why should you get anxious and stressed about what others may htink of a perfectly normal occurence? It is normal and natural for men and boys to get an erection - and that's it. Anyone who comments negatively is the one with the problem, not you.

Yep.

I can also remember that I was over at a friends house when I was very little. We had been playing outside and his mom made us take a bath before taking me home due to we were so dirty. Home was like 5 miles away. Maybe she didn't want her car dirty, whatever.

My friend was already in the tub and I undressed and guess what? :rolleyes:

He said "Got a boner, huh?" I think I was slightly embarrased then as that was the first "occurance" but yep, it was truly natural. There were no sexual thoughts behind it that I can remember. I was was too young then. I suspect it was just high testosterone from the playing.

I had a strange experience yesterday in the locker room at the gym where I work out. I happened to finish my workout at the same time as another guy (in his early 20's I would say). I saw him looking at me a few times on the gym floor. Anyhow, in the locker room I stripped off my sweaty clothes to have a shower. As I mentioned in my previous post, the shower is communal with 6 heads and there is a "sissy shower" (a phrase coined by a few guys in the gym) for the shy guys with 2 heads and a curtain. Anyhow, I get into the communal shower and the other guy (whose locker was on the other side of the locker room - around the corner from the communal shower) moves his bag only over to the bench right outside of the communal shower. He doesn't face the wall, instead he faces the communal shower (I was the only one in there) and stares right at my dick and ass! I mean blatantly staring, not just a quick glance. It was like he had never seen another naked guy before. I'm not shy, but that was a little wierd. I said to him "how's it going?" and he snaps out of his stare and mutters "uh, ok". After going back and forth to his locker and the bench where he has placed his bag (with his shorts on), he suddenly whips off his shorts and runs to the sissy shower with the curtain tightly closed. After he's done, he comes out and struts around naked for a minute before running to his locker to put on his clothes out of sight of the communal shower where I was finishing up my shower. From what I saw, he had a kick ass body. I couldn't understand why he would ogle me like that and then run into the sissy shower and hide when he had such an incredible body himself (much better than mine). I heard him talking loudly with another guy outside of the locker room just before we both entered about "my girlfriend this" and "my girlfriend that". He then asked his friend why he wasn't going to use the locker room (they had both finished their workout like me). Strange huh? Anyone else have an experience like this before? What do you think? A sexually confused guy or a guy who is struggling with modesty issues (which seems to be so common nowadays among young men)?

Last edited by a moderator:

digdugm2000

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This happened to me once when I was about 11 or 12 years old. My Dad and I had been playing basketball at the YMCA and we went to take a shower, it was a open communal shower. There was 3 other older men in the shower when we got there. One was the father of a kid in my class. I was really uncomfortable being naked in front of other guys especially with Dad in the room too. I don't know why I got a boner but I couldn't help it. I tried tio hide it and face the otgher way but there were guys on both sides of me. I just quickly showered and then walked out to grab my towel. I could tell everyone was staring at me and I was so embarrased. I thought for sure my Dad was gonna yeall at me when we got out. One of the guys said to my Dad as I was leaving "Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" I had never heard that expression before and never understood what he meant till years later. Maybe Dad was proud of me but he never said a word about it.
Now I can control my dick alot better, but boners do happen and not always at the right time.

barron

Sexy Member
Media
I have the same problem and i'm already 33. I get a boner or get on the verge of it whenever i'm naked in front of others, men, women, doctors, whoever, at the slightest hint or even the thought of someone else looking at my cock, even moreso a few people at once, gives me a boner. I thought it was something that i could get used to and figured if I get naked often enough, or have sex in front of other people enough, that the thrill would wane off. But strangely enough i still have the same problem, i drop my towel and have just a few seconds to put on my underwear.

Ditto here, except for the part about having sex in front of other people, haven't tried that yet. New situations will especially cause a problem for me. When I get used to a place, like the gym, I tend not to have problems anymore. I'm not sure I would be very comfortable with anyone seeing it, just because you never know what they think your intentions are. It is actually pretty annoying and would be nice to be one of the guys who can easily walk around soft while nude.

w2m4m

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well I am in my forties, and I can get hard just moving the water hose in the front yard ( maybe thats a sign...I dont know ). What i used to do when I was your age is I would think of something incredibly sad, like say the death of a parent or the loss of a friendship and butch would completely deflate..Thank goodness, I'd say to myself, i was getting tired of holding up the sink!
Seriously, I would do that, it did work. It was a mind game- nothing more.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
hi all

i am 18 and regularly attend the gym
have no problem being nude around other guys in the locker room, but i do tend to cover up because i am afraid of geting an errection even though i am not turned on by most of the guys although i do like to chech some out:tongue: , when i do go completly nude in the shower etc i always have a towel close by.
does anyone have any tip on how to keep soft in these situations.
is it just my age?

I agree with other responders: it is probably your age. Cuz I'm in my 40s, am turned ON to showering with other men, and I DON'T get hard! Thugh I remember being a kid and having the exact same anxiety you're feeling now. I used to avoid the showers back then for fear of getting hard...I knew I would.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media
Ditto here, except for the part about having sex in front of other people, haven't tried that yet. New situations will especially cause a problem for me. When I get used to a place, like the gym, I tend not to have problems anymore. I'm not sure I would be very comfortable with anyone seeing it, just because you never know what they think your intentions are. It is actually pretty annoying and would be nice to be one of the guys who can easily walk around soft while nude.

Actually, this is making me think that perhaps the reason we all now see so many young guys covered up in the locker room (wrapping towel around their waist to pull off their briefs etc -- there've been several lively threads about this) may be b/c they're afraid of getting hard! It makes sense.
(well....it's nonsense to me, since its lovely to see public erections IMO, but at least I understand what may be on their minds.)

I get what you're saying uwsswimguy because that was my fear when I was younger. I got over it 20 years ago when I started using communal showers. What I don't get is guys today who are very open being nude in the locker room and sauna/steam room, but then run to a shower stall and close the curtain when showering. I was swimming today and the shower room is split between communal and stalls. I always use communal because I feel more comfortable and because I think it's silly to hide in a stall. Anyhow, before using the shower I was in the sauna with another guy. He was in his 20s and was completely naked like me. He sits on the same level as me (the benches in the sauna go up 3 levels). He's facing me with his legs wide open, so I can clearly see his dick and balls. Then he starts stretching by doing deep lunges in front of me on the bench. At this point I can practically see up the crack of his ass. We started talking and he seemed friendly enough. However, once we get to the shower room (we finished in the sauna at about the same time), he runs to a stall and closes the curtain. I'm using the communal shower and I think to myself, WTF? He just displayed himself to me in the sauna to the point that I probably saw more of him in there than his proctologist and urologist combined! Now he runs and hides in the stall out of modesty? Bizzare.

D

deleted213967

Maybe he was taking care of "business" after all that exhibitionism.

No. I agree with AG08. This is what baffles me. I used to frequent a gym in San Francisco that was as officially gay as could be.

Some guys would prance around buck naked in the steam room and the adjoining dry sauna and would even beat off there with some consorts...but then they would prudishly shower (alone) with the curtain closed all the way after the act.

WTF!

Dareios

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The shower situation where guys close the curtain vs the open attitude in sauna's and things like that is also something which lives in Europe, at least as far as I now in Belgium. It is strange and I do wonder about it as well.... have no good explanation for it except that it is crazy like hell. You show off, sometimes even display a hard one to other guys with which you played and touched... yet on the point of showering we all get prude.... it is a strange attitude, to say the least, not really now why.

The advice I would like to give to the guy who started this topic ... why cover up when you get a booner? Is not it a psychological reaction which you create? You know that you are going to undress, you know that you can get a hard one? You are afraid that it will happen and indeed ... it is like a vicious circle: for sure it will occure when you are nervous about it and acting to prevent a booner. I lived the same situation when I was a teenager. When undressing or dressing in a locker room with the other guys of my class, I often got a hard one. I felt embarrassed. So I stood there with my towel close at hand, with only seconds to put on my swimming treasure or my underwear.
One day I got so sick and tired of it, I decided to give it up. If I got a hard one, so be it; nothing unnatural. For sure, a got a few ones but luckely for me I saw that other guys, who follewed my example, got one as well. Now, years later, I cannot care less. If I get hard, well I get hard; if people want to look at it, I let them look; if I do not get hard, I do not get hard... I do not care. Why should I? Is not it a normal piece of your body? So why be nervous and ashamed about it? I for sure do not any more....