locker room etiquette

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, I don't walk around nude for an hour or more, nor do I watch TV in the nude at the gym, but I don't dress immediately after a shower. Toweling off in the steamy area around the showers is like trying to dry off in the rain. I move to the other side of the locker room where it's not steamy and let myself air dry. I don't want to put my clothes on while still wet; it's humid enough in New Orleans without compounding it. While allowing myself to dry, I may busy myself with brushing my hair, shaving, or whatever toiletries may need attending to. I don't 'parade around', but I don't hide under a towel. It's not like the other guys have never seen my cock before. In my opinion, nudity in a locker room is acceptable and expected, and I'm not offended by a naked man unless he uses all the hot water.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder if acceptance of locker room nudity is more common among guyz who played varsity sports in high school.

I know some muds do not come off after a quick soaping and rinse or two. I had to soap and rinse and stand under the hot showers for a few minutes...something about the warm water loosening the ground-in soil from the skin. And no, none of this facing the shower wall for privacy...after a game mud is pretty much on all sides...so you see and are seen by all.

Except when I play soccer or rugby under muddy conditions, typically I am in and out of the locker room in 6 - 10 minutes depending on whether or not I shave. I do not go to and from the showeres with a towel wrapped around me...such modesty is time inefficient. Oh yeah, the gym I go to has open showers...really clean open showers. I used to go to a gym with not so clean shower stalls...I guess they are harder to clean.

I think it is kinda cool for the geezers to use the locker room as a social club. I have learned a lot from overhearing their conversations about WW II....one was a lawyer at the Nuremberg trials, one spent years in the Philipines as an observer, a couple were with Patton.

Yeah, I do have the policy in the locker room of don't look, don't see.

jay

throb919: [quote author=jay_too link=board=meetgreet;num=1060128602;start=20#21 date=08/11/03 at 09:44:05]I think it is kinda cool for the geezers to use the locker room as a social club. I have learned a lot from overhearing their conversations about WW II....one was a lawyer at the Nuremberg trials, one spent years in the Philipines as an observer, a couple were with Patton.[/quote]
Jay--I am in complete agreement with you on this one (and am glad you said it). Have heard lots of good stories from the WWII guys that I would never have hard otherwise. If I have to "endure" the sight of some septo- or octogenarian dickage long the way, what's the big deal?

(But I will start looking both ways for big-ass Buicks before I cross the lockerroom naked...)

wesbjack: I have a buddy from Ecador and he told me they don't do the communal shower thing in schools there. I did not know they were societies even more uptight about the human body than the US, with all our hang-ups and shame. To what degree, do you think, does Catholicism play in this?

On the other side, I have a friend who umpires the Celebrity Baseball Game in Dodger Stadium, whenever they ask him to. He has showered next to Tony Danza, Dean Cane, Richard Dean Anderson, and many others. The most obnoxious show-off, as to walking around naked as if it were a nudist happy-hour, was Tom Selleck. Who, by the way, has the LEAST reason to be walking around naked. Get the picture?

wesbjack: :D
regarding big-ass Buicks in the lockerroom, I'm more worried about the (drivers of) the big-ass Buicks in the parking lot!!!
Especially the ones who get disability-stickers on the car so they can park on the front row in order to come work-out 5 or more days a week.
Talk about a lack of manners! ; :-[

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
DoubleMeatWhopper said:
Okay, I don't walk around nude for an hour or more, nor do I watch TV in the nude at the gym, but I don't dress immediately after a shower. Toweling off in the steamy area around the showers is like trying to dry off in the rain. I move to the other side of the locker room where it's not steamy and let myself air dry. I don't want to put my clothes on while still wet; it's humid enough in New Orleans without compounding it. While allowing myself to dry, I may busy myself with brushing my hair, shaving, or whatever toiletries may need attending to. I don't 'parade around', but I don't hide under a towel. It's not like the other guys have never seen my cock before. In my opinion, nudity in a locker room is acceptable and expected, and I'm not offended by a naked man unless he uses all the hot water.

I cannot for the life of me understand why people make such an issue about nuidty in the lockerroom, when that is the primary function. I could care less how long someone stays nude or if he walks bare ass to the shower that is the whole point. Men should not feel uptight to be naked around other men.I have actually found the lockerrooms with communal showers, guys tend to walk around naked more. whether to the sink,bathroom,scale, whatever... Why? probably because they know it going to be on display in a matter of minutes anyway.Bottom line we all have the same equipment just different sizes.

Reactions: BigMacattack