Locker Room Modest/Okay THIS is the worst I've seen.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Ive seen your run of the mill "towel dancers", you know the ones who put their underwear on under their towel for fear of anyone seeing their ass or maybe a split second glance of their dick, but THIS takes the cake. I'm in the gym showers at 24 fitness. The showers are open in the front with opaque dividers between them which I think gives you just enough privacy. There is however a handicapped shower across from one of these open front shower which has a curtain you can pull across for complete privacy. The dude comes in there FULLY clothed, I mean WITH socks AND shoes, goes in full clothed WITH socks AND shoes and slams the curtain closed. Then takes off everything bit by bit, making sure that when he puts his stuff outside the stall that the curtain is readjusted to make sure no one sees ANYTHING. I dont get it,,does this dude have serious issues? LOL

Manjebac2

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah....pussy :D lol
i like to let it all hang out......and compare with other dudes.......thats just natural

D

deleted3782

I dont get it,,does this dude have serious issues?

Yes, he likely does. From the outside and from an LPSG openness perspective, its easy to say he could just be really insecure about his dick.

On the other hand, there could be something more serious...like a physical anomaly that he doesn't want to share with everyone. Or, he might have been abused in some way earlier in his life and can't handle nudity.

It would be great if everyone was comfortable enough in their own skin to not need to go over-the-top in their privacy, but those of us who don't care who sees us naked sometimes need to step back and consider other circumstances that might cause such behavior in others.

There. Did I over-think that scenario enough? :cool:

v32bone

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, he likely does. From the outside and from an LPSG openness perspective, its easy to say he could just be really insecure about his dick.

On the other hand, there could be something more serious...like a physical anomaly that he doesn't want to share with everyone. Or, he might have been abused in some way earlier in his life and can't handle nudity.

It would be great if everyone was comfortable enough in their own skin to not need to go over-the-top in their privacy, but those of us who don't care who sees us naked sometimes need to step back and consider other circumstances that might cause such behavior in others.

you didn't overthink it, compassion is a GOOD thing.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media

No. I guess you are right, but you would think if hes that insecure would he even bother showering at the gym? I mean watching the "procedure" was just exhausting. I normally dont "linger" in the gym shower, but just watching this was entertaining. It must have taken him over five minutes to finally get the shower going. I didn't stick around to see what happened when he finished showering,,lol. I actually kind of felt sorry for him.

zp28

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

No, no over-thinking, glad someone finally said it

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

As others said, this compassion is much needed. The more comfortable I've gotten in my own skin (ironically when I'm the most out of shape i've ever been), the easier it is to forget others have their reasons they don't wish to doff it off in front of strangers, no matter how extreme it seems in this case.

D

deleted556573

I have to ask a question, as I'm not familiar with the whole locker room scenario at gyms. This is mostly because I have never used the showers at my local gym. I only live 6 blocks from the gym, so I usually walk home and shower there. I don't take a gym bag or clothes with me (due to living so close to the gym), so it seems rather ridculous to take a shower, then dress back up in my sweaty gym clothes.

What is this "towel dance" that everyone speaks of? Is it someone that wraps themselves up in a towel, then undresses, takes a shower, wraps back up in a towel and quickly slips his underwear on (or pants/jeans if he goes commando) underneath the towel so as to avoid having his cock and ass seen by other guys?

Thank you for posting that. I have often thought the same thing when reading responses to scenarios that are similar to what was originally posted, but never really could put what you said into words.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I have to ask a question, as I'm not familiar with the whole locker room scenario at gyms. This is mostly because I have never used the showers at my local gym. I only live 6 blocks from the gym, so I usually walk home and shower there. I don't take a gym bag or clothes with me (due to living so close to the gym), so it seems rather ridculous to take a shower, then dress back up in my sweaty gym clothes.

What is this "towel dance" that everyone speaks of? Is it someone that wraps themselves up in a towel, then undresses, takes a shower, wraps back up in a towel and quickly slips his underwear on (or pants/jeans if he goes commando) underneath the towel so as to avoid having his cock and ass seen by other guys?

Thank you for posting that. I have often thought the same thing when reading responses to scenarios that are similar to what was originally posted, but never really could put what you said into words.

Towel dance yeah,,,they dress and undress underneath their towel wrapped around them,,,and sometimes hop around and make all sorts of maneuvers to do it. I guess I should be more understanding, given my own problems in previous posts, but I just find it an entertaining or interesting aspect of human nature that someone would go to all this trouble to prevent their body from being seen.

D

deleted3782

Towel dance yeah,,,they dress and undress underneath their towel wrapped around them,,,and sometimes hop around and make all sorts of maneuvers to do it. I guess I should be more understanding, given my own problems in previous posts, but I just find it an entertaining or interesting aspect of human nature that someone would go to all this trouble to prevent their body from being seen.

I'm with ya in that I have always admired those who were comfortable enough in their own skin to throw their clothes into a heap and walk to the shower with no concern about what anyone else does, sees, or thinks. That's how I want to be...and I can only guess if that's what folks think of me when I do it. But I also wish for lots of other things that people would do...but they don't, so all I'm able to control is what's between my head and my toes and if others want to follow suit then cool. :cool:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How people feel about their bodies sometimes bears little relationship to objective reality. I met a guy this summer at an acquaintance level. Good looking guy. He told me he never looks in the mirror more than is necessary to shave his face because he feels so badly about his physique. I tell you, he wasn't young but he was a total muscle bear.
Dave

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
when I was growing up I had a buddy come over for a sleep over- he showed up with pajamas, briefs and a tshirt. He said that was the way he dad _always_ slept. When he went to shower the next morning he took all his clothes in with him- he was shocked that I slept with just boxers on.

So remember there are some that grow up in completely different households and experiences. My sons have related simillar growing up. There is always that one guy that wears a t-shirt under his polo shirt no matter what the weather. I imagine they are the same types- they were raised with extreme modesty and it simply carries over. Others are raised by nudist parents (or more open parents). We all have our own 'comfort zone'...

I also just realized- could this also be a religious issue? (like the mormons and the underwear thing?)

MrToolhung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A few years back I would strut across the locker room naked so all could see but I don't do it now. Main reason for me is I just don't feel comfortable with my own body anymore as I have gained weight. Slowly getting back to the gym to make it a habit so I will not be embarrassed anymore.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:biggrin1:
Somebody should have snatched all his clothes and stuff while he was in there and he would have been forced to come out lookin for them buck naked LOL bet that would have told him something about being too modest and shy around other men....LOL
I conclude he must have been either 2 of ways... hung like a horse or as small as a the tip of a baby's finger!:biggrin1: Was he actually handicapped to use that stall?
If he was, he should be banned from doing that type of thing...please!
Sounds like it he's physically & mentally strange. Poor guy! But you never know, there must be some reason for his actions.
I'm shy in and with some situations...but damn that does take the cake!
Thx for lol...