Locker Room Modest/Okay THIS is the worst I've seen.

chip2

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yeah, ive seen a few guys do the towel thing when putting on their underwear, ive also seen some of these same guys stare at my meat when im getting out of the showers, go figure

jerkoffjono

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In my high school we never had group showers or anything like that, so my classmates and I never really saw each other naked for more than 30 seconds when we were out of the shower, dried and getting dressed.. So I'v always been a bit shy in my gym locker room, partly cos I still live in my home town and I see old friends at the gym I go to.. So I get undressed, THEN put a towel around myself, go to the private showers, dry off and then walk back to my clothes in a towel, take the towel off and finish off drying myself, and get dressed. I've always been a bit shy around my friends, so even tho they can briefly see my dick, I still won't walk around with my junk hanging out for ages while in the locker rooms, that's jst not me..

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lots of good advice.

It should be noted that a look, a smile and nod, or a "wow Nice" look is one thing.
Staring you down blatantly and continuing to do so in a creepy manner is not acceptable.

I don't think theres any point in bashing the OP for this thread. Like many of us, myself included...we post something to share experiences good/bad and get feedback.
Use it as a learning tool. It may not be him with the problem, it may be everyone around him - society as a whole - being the problem. "Fairy Boys" being an excellent example of how some people percieve gay men to be.
I'm glad I'm here to prove them wrong.

mancstudandy69

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
who gives a fuck. laugh at teh towel dancers. just do what u have to do in the gym.
was playing squash with a mate for the fist time and in the locker room just stripped off as i normally do and he did the same.

Roch18k

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ive seen your run of the mill "towel dancers", you know the ones who put their underwear on under their towel for fear of anyone seeing their ass or maybe a split second glance of their dick, but THIS takes the cake. I'm in the gym showers at 24 fitness. The showers are open in the front with opaque dividers between them which I think gives you just enough privacy. There is however a handicapped shower across from one of these open front shower which has a curtain you can pull across for complete privacy. The dude comes in there FULLY clothed, I mean WITH socks AND shoes, goes in full clothed WITH socks AND shoes and slams the curtain closed. Then takes off everything bit by bit, making sure that when he puts his stuff outside the stall that the curtain is readjusted to make sure no one sees ANYTHING. I dont get it,,does this dude have serious issues? LOL
Is it possible that the guy you saw was some homeless guy that slipped into the locker room and didn't have any other place to stash his clothes?

S

SirConcis

The thing is that for "normal" men, it is those guys who are affraid to be naked in the locker room that attract the attention. Seeing some tall black due in shower in white briefs not only shows EVERYTHING anyways but also attracts attention to himself (which is probably the exact opposite of why muslims don't undress fully).

The story of the handicapped stall would also attract attention, but probably in a very different way. Why is this guy doing this ? I too thought about perhaps he had a very large ugly scar or something. But he could just put his towel over the scar, walk naked to the shower, and use that handicapped stall to keep discreet.

Going into the showers fully clothed would definitely attract more attention.

There are all sorts of guys with all sorts of bodies and all sorts of peculiar things on their bodies. Big scar, big tatoos, piercings etc. If the guy has a bad scar and showers naked, he would probabhly get less stares than if he tries so hard to hide it (because the later fuels curiosity in all of us).

At the end of the day, a men's locker room is about one thing: seeing if the man is man enough to undress, and once you've seen his body, you look at the next guy. It does't take long to "inventory" a guy's body to see his features.

But when a guy refuses to undress, that breaks that cycle and you end up staring at the guy until your curiosity has been satisfied or you realise it is hopeless and classify this male as a immature kid who is too shy to be in a man's locker room

saabman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
There is nothing wrong with the guy OP is talking about. Most likely something wrong with OP.

If that guy bares all and looks great for all to see then OP and all the rest of the little fairy boys come on sites like these and talk about how they saw this amazingly hot guy in the showers at the gym today. Cant blame a guy who doesnt want certain men (and nowadays these certain men are everywhere) to get enjoyment of seeing him naked.

I look great naked and refuse to get naked in the locker rooms for that exact reason.

You won't get naked in a men's locker room out of fear that maybe six other guys may get a glance of your cock while you walk to the showers - BUT - you will post pictures of your dick on the internet where millions of guys can stare at your cock for hours. LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Guys like you make me laugh. It's a men's locker room. Grow the hell up.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes, he likely does. From the outside and from an LPSG openness perspective, its easy to say he could just be really insecure about his dick.

On the other hand, there could be something more serious...like a physical anomaly that he doesn't want to share with everyone. Or, he might have been abused in some way earlier in his life and can't handle nudity.

It would be great if everyone was comfortable enough in their own skin to not need to go over-the-top in their privacy, but those of us who don't care who sees us naked sometimes need to step back and consider other circumstances that might cause such behavior in others.

There. Did I over-think that scenario enough? :cool:

Very well stated, exwhyzee...

Pecker Check

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't think anybody has commented on the new norm. I also had surgery when young and wasn't always comfortable in the locker room. But when I was a high school student (in the late 50s) the procedures required to be excused from gym and the public showers would have made me feel much worse than those awkward moments did. Now I live in the same town where I attended college. That gives me access to the fitness center at a reduced rate. I don't always go at the same time, but sometimes I go on the afternoons when (some of) the swim team come into practice. I've been changing clothes with a half-dozen or so of these guys and virtually ALL of thelm put themselves through contortions to keep from showing anything to one another. Then, they prance off to the pool in their speedos. (So it's a fair bet they're not completely "body shy.") BTW they are in those speedos when they hit the showers on the way in for a five second splash that would do nothing whatsoever to remove bacteria from the snug places where it lurks. Any surprise that I'm not interested in joining them?

Nkw17

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't see anything wrong with it;It sounds like me if I was to go to a gym. I love my body but come on they are called "Private parts" for a reason everbody doesn't want or feel comfortable to show them off.

You won't get naked in a men's locker room out of fear that maybe six other guys may get a glance of your cock while you walk to the showers - BUT - you will post pictures of your dick on the internet where millions of guys can stare at your cock for hours. LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Guys like you make me laugh. It's a men's locker room. Grow the hell up.

Exactly what I was thinking! I can't understand modesty in the locker room/shower around a half dozen guys, but posting an erect penis on the Internet for hundreds, thousands, millions to see being OK. :confused: I don't care about guys seeing me naked in the locker room, shower and sauna, but there is no way on God's green Earth I would post nude pictures of myself on the Internet.

I'm very open about nudity in the locker room, shower and sauna because that was the norm when I was growing up. I pity the overly modest guys because I think they must be very uncomfortable in their own skin and be extremely insecure. If any guy checks me out while showering, using the sauna or getting changed, I take it as a compliment. If he goes home and jerks off to it, what does that matter to me? I'm not being forced to participate in it. I think everyone has seen an attractive person clothed, and then later masturbated to the thought/image of that person even though they were fully clothed. Does this mean I shouldn't be seen clothed on the off chance that someone likes what they see and wants to masturbate later to it? Of course not. I have more vivid and exciting fantasies about people I'm attracted to when I see them clothed. Usually after I see them naked, the mystery is gone and I lose interest quickly. A person doesn't need to be naked to have the staring role in another person's fantasy. Imagination is usually far more exciting than reality.

I'm a little surprised though that this guy with modesty issues in the OP would join up at a gym that didn't offer full privacy if he feels he needs it that badly. I don't agree with a fully able bodied person using any handicap facilities whether it's a shower or a parking space. People who are phyically challenged have enough problems and obstacles to deal with, so able bodied people should be respectful of that regardless of their own personal issues/hangups. I ALWAYS check out the facilities completely before joining a gym including the locker room, shower and sauna/steam room as they are a good indication of the overall cleanliness of the entire facility. Because I prefer open showers to stalls, I look for gyms that have them. I will not join gyms that offer extreme privacy because I don't feel comfortable in those venues for many reasons. I'm surprised that the guy with the extreme modesty issues, regardless of his reasons, didn't take the time to insepect the facilities before joining to ensure they were appropriate for his needs. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

AverageJon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've funnily never witnessed this problem you know...
I see alot of guys happily toweling off naked. They just let it all hang loose.

I quite happily towel down naked. I don't get the big deal. You've just come out from a hot shower, your little guy is gonna be looking its best, why not show it off

Admitedly though, I don't do a towel dance, but I avoid letting people see me strip down straight after a workout, since I usually get some major shrinkage after doing cardio, if someone does see it though, it's no biggie, really.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ive seen your run of the mill "towel dancers", you know the ones who put their underwear on under their towel for fear of anyone seeing their ass or maybe a split second glance of their dick, but THIS takes the cake. I'm in the gym showers at 24 fitness. The showers are open in the front with opaque dividers between them which I think gives you just enough privacy. There is however a handicapped shower across from one of these open front shower which has a curtain you can pull across for complete privacy. The dude comes in there FULLY clothed, I mean WITH socks AND shoes, goes in full clothed WITH socks AND shoes and slams the curtain closed. Then takes off everything bit by bit, making sure that when he puts his stuff outside the stall that the curtain is readjusted to make sure no one sees ANYTHING. I dont get it,,does this dude have serious issues? LOL
Everybody is dfferent, besides which what's it matter if he likes privacy and is modest?

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Is it possible that the guy you saw was some homeless guy that slipped into the locker room and didn't have any other place to stash his clothes?

Possible,,,but why not just leave your clothes in a locker without a lock? No one was gonna steal that crap believe me..lol. Guys at my gym leave their street clothes in lockers all the time without locks with no prob.

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
Why is this such a problem for you? he probably saw you. a locker room is a place to get changed not to hook up or gawk at people. You're the one that has the issues.

Gawk? lol,,,yeah NO ONE draws attention to themselves walking fully clothed with boots on in a shower room,,lol too funny. The dude was FULLY clothed with boots on,,walks into the shower goes INTO the stall FULLY clothed with EVERYTHING ON. and strips down in the shower with the curtain closed. You dont have to be a "gawker" to notice this...lol.

Last edited:

pdxman

Sexy Member
Media
I don't think anybody has commented on the new norm. I also had surgery when young and wasn't always comfortable in the locker room. But when I was a high school student (in the late 50s) the procedures required to be excused from gym and the public showers would have made me feel much worse than those awkward moments did. Now I live in the same town where I attended college. That gives me access to the fitness center at a reduced rate. I don't always go at the same time, but sometimes I go on the afternoons when (some of) the swim team come into practice. I've been changing clothes with a half-dozen or so of these guys and virtually ALL of thelm put themselves through contortions to keep from showing anything to one another. Then, they prance off to the pool in their speedos. (So it's a fair bet they're not completely "body shy.") BTW they are in those speedos when they hit the showers on the way in for a five second splash that would do nothing whatsoever to remove bacteria from the snug places where it lurks. Any surprise that I'm not interested in joining them?

Yeah but as I stated before,,he had EVERYTHING on,,,shirt pants shoes, socks and took EVERYTHING off behind the closed curtain. You would think if he had a nasty surgical scar say on his torso,,he would at least take his fucking shoes off,,maybe his pants? lol

IrishWank

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lets not be too quick to bad mouth him. This guy might have a genuine reason for this. He might be a burns victim and showing that off is only going to draw unwanted attention to him. He might have a deformity of the foot where he is missing a few toes. Again unwanted attention. He may have been abused in some way when he was younger.

While all these may be unlikely, my point is, we dont know WHY people do this but there is a reason, we just dont know it. So hold off on the bad mouthing.

Ok, they might not want to shower in front of you, but they are still being as normal as they choose. After a work out they are showering to get rid of the stink, they obviously have issues but they are still manning up and not waiting until they get home to shower.