locker room nudity

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by D_Raymond Handler, Dec 23, 2009.

1. D_Raymond Handler

D_Raymond Handler Account Disabled

What is your experience with nudity in your gym's locker room, steam room, sauna, showers? I go to several gyms, and it seems that most older men are nude most of the time, while the younger members wear underwear, tightly wrapped towels, or are fully clothed at all times, doing the "towel dance" to get in and out of their clothes without the risk of exposing themselves EVER!

Some say these towel dancers are somehow fearful about another man seeing their dicks (too small? too big?) while others think they worry about getting hit on (if this is the case, don't they know they can just say no or ignore the pass). Really weird to me. I'd love to hear your expoeriences and comments, especially from tose who feel they must be covered in a men's locker room.

2. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

Go to a mainly gay gym in Wilton Manors - very comfortable. Most of the men seem comfortable with their nakedness BUT there are a few who go overboard - either too exposed or too concealed! As for me, why hide what you have?

Too bad you are not able to receive private messages.

Where in Fl are U?

3. long legs

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have to agree with you. Some guys go to great time and effort to hide something we all have. To me it's easier just to change clothes without wrapping yourself in a towel to do it.

4. Florida Boy

Gold Member

This topic has been beat to death. They warped perspective of the 'towel dancer' is usually interesting.

By the way: you have beautiful wood.

5. Pecker Check

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    True topic has discussed alot here, so it would probably be good to send anybody re-introducing it to the archives. Still, I' amazed by how much interest it generates and how strong the opinions tend to be on both sides of the towel. Personally, I'm still baffled by the emergence of so much ocker room modesty over the past couple of generations. The factors are many and varied, I'm sure, but I definitelly liked things etter the way they used to be.

6. lakecreeker

lakecreeker Member

Albums:
    I don't worry about what other think. When I change, I get naked, then lay out the clothes to change into. I will walk and sit however I want to in a male only shower/ spa areas. I can stand to take a leak just like the rest of the guys if they want to. Sometimes the towel is wrapped around my neck, other times in my hand, or wrapped around the waist. I enjoy opening the towel and sitting naked in steam and saunas. Others don't like it; TS don't look or don't make a fuss about it, you are making a bigger ass of yourself than anything else.

7. D_Raymond Handler

D_Raymond Handler Account Disabled

Sorry to have started this thread. I just searched and found lengthy messages on this topic in the past. All the talk, however, still has me puzzled as to why young men feel so threatened about being naked with other guys. Being naked means being gay? Very strange thought process to me.

8. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

It comes down to:

#1 How often you are nude in front of others.
    #2 Some have a confidence issue about their size
    #3 Some hide from those in the room who can't wait to get a look at what they have.

9. Florida Boy

Gold Member

The straights are totally to blame. Again.

10. Blackle

Blackle Member

Honestly, i do the towel dance. I don't find it to be an act of insecurity. I'm actually really proficient with the technique. It's just what I've always done. In addition I don't like to be ogled(there are exceptions, but as a general rule you can beat your wife with...) and most gyms are meat markets let's be honest.

11. GeorgeTSLC

GeorgeTSLC Member

Do others agree that most gyms are meat markets?

Draft saved Draft deleted