Locker room security cameras?

Ouija44

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi. New member from Seattle. About ten years ago I went to a resort in Phoenix, Arizona and while sitting in the locker room hot tub, I looked up and saw a small security camera lens sticking right over the tub. There was a small sign that said something like "camera is for your safety." Is this legal? Nudity in the hot tub was expected.

Thanks for any info.

P

Reactions: cockydude2018

evolution

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi. New member from Seattle. About ten years ago I went to a resort in Phoenix, Arizona and while sitting in the locker room hot tub, I looked up and saw a small security camera lens sticking right over the tub. There was a small sign that said something like "camera is for your safety." Is this legal? Nudity in the hot tub was expected.

Thanks for any info.

P
Laws in my state used to be that if you had a monitored camera you didn't need to have a lifeguard for the pool area. I'm sure they are using those laws to some degree, and so long as it is posted that they have a camera - you have both a choice & no expectation of privacy. So I'm very sure it was indeed legal having the camera there.

Selling any recorded video feeds on the internet - probably not. ;-)

gobigold

Cherished Member
Media
I once slipped off my trunks in a hotel hot tub that was in an open area but secluded and it was dark and deserted. It was only after I was relaxing I’m the nude that I noticed the security camera mounted above the hot tub. I just stood up gave a little wave, put on my trunks and left. Was anyone watching the camera? I have no idea and in any case it was pretty dark.

Reactions: nicnic and Ouija44

JohnGw

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Abertawe (City and County of Swansea, Wales)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I once slipped off my trunks in a hotel hot tub that was in an open area but secluded and it was dark and deserted. It was only after I was relaxing I’m the nude that I noticed the security camera mounted above the hot tub. I just stood up gave a little wave, put on my trunks and left. Was anyone watching the camera? I have no idea and in any case it was pretty dark.
These days there are so many security cameras that there is hardly ever anybody watching them. The recording only ever gets reviewed if there is a known incident which makes it necessary and will probably be over-written within a fortnight anyway.

JohnGw

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been thinking a bit more about my response on security cameras and there are a few more things to consider -
1. If the security people are watching the monitor it will be displaying more than one camera in a tiled pattern so the images will be quite small and it will be relatively difficult to tell whether you are naked or wearing a tan coloured garment.
2. They will be looking for incidents requiring simple intervention such as vandalism, theft and violent disturbances.
3. If they do notice you are naked they will not take any action unless it is clear that you are distressing other guests.
4. To intervene they will have to leave the cosy security office and go down to where you are, find you and tell you to stay dressed.
5. They will not be interested in taking it any further because to make you leave the hotel will lose the business money and to involve the police would involve a lot of trouble. Both of these options will also involve a significant amount of form filling and paperwork, which they will want to avoid.

In conclusion - security cameras are much less of a risk to nudism than you might think.

Reactions: LockerRoomPA

Serrano

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've never been anywhere where nudity was expected that also had a security camera. Instinctively I would say, if it was a small space that wasn't very busy I would probably feel much more uncomfortable than in a busy place where lots of people were naked. I would not use a hotel sauna with video surveilance for example.

Tripod228mm

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
East Grand Forks (Minnesota, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few years ago in a hotel hot tub my wife and I were in it, alone, the hot tub was in a corner of the pool area, so naturally we fooled around a bit. At one point her top was off very briefly, as long as she dared to keep it off (like literally 10 seconds or less).

After putting her top on, she looked up and noticed a security camera. We wondered who was watching it.

While checking out the next morning, we noticed the cameras in the building (including the hot tub) were being shown on a monitor on the front desk, where the receptionist and anyone walking by could easily see. We didn't notice the monitor when we checked in, though!

So, who knows who may have seen my wife topless on that camera. Could have been no one, could have been the receptionist, could have been other guests! My wife was upset that we wouldn't ever know; she didn't care that people may have seen.

JohnGw

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and I had a similar experience in the early 1908's when cameras were less common.
We were into skinny-dipping and as we had the hotel pool to ourselves might have skinny-dipped if part of the pool had not been overlooked from the bar but when we changed out of our wet cozzies and dried ourselves we did it poolside rather than use the very cramped cubicles provided in an area which was not overlooked.
It was only when we checked out that we noticed the monitor screen behind the reception desk which showed the portion of the pool where we had been drying ourselves naked.