Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm an averagely-endowed guy, not particularly small and not too large either, and more of a grower than a shower.

Often when I'm in the locker room at the gym there is always a large proportion of guys around me better endowed then myself, which tends to depress me slightly, for want of a better word. Some days, when Im feeling pretty confident in my own skin, I don't really take heed, but others, like today, it effects me negatively.

Is this normal? I don't think its jealousy on my part, maybe some envy is involved. How do other guys deal with this thing?

You shouldn't be worried about "sizing up" in any situation that doesn't involve getting an erection. Rule #1 of Penis Size: You can never compare soft and hard sizes.

I've seen tons of guys in locker rooms trying to maintain semi-erections or just flat out hard-ons to be the "biggest guy in there".

Just looks stupid to me. I'm not going to pop a boner in a locker room just so a bunch of random people think I've got the biggest dick in there. :cool:

Reactions: nicnic

ScottishLad

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would be lying if I claimed not to enjoy it when other guys in the locker room -- or anywhere else -- notice and seemingly admire my big dick. Whereas it makes me feel good about myself, I derive no satisfaction from making anyone else feel bad about himself. Consciuously, though, I know that reality is such that whenever someone possesses something that is considered desirable, those who do not possess it are likely to turn that lack negatively on themselves, in some way, in some degree. This generally holds true among men in respect to penis size, so I think what the original poster describes is completely normal.

We all have to deal with not having or being everything that we would want if we could make things different. It is part of the human condition. The trick is to rationally keep a balanced perspective on it all. So, my advice to rimpley m, is to keep in mind that in the grand scheme, there are many more imortant things in this life than relative penis size. Furthermore, since you say you have an average sized dick -- and the vast majority of men do -- concentrate on being grateful you don't have a small one. As a well hung man myself, I do not feel pity or bad in anyway for men who have normal sized dicks, but I instinctively do feel bad for men who are notably small. So, you're fine -- live long, prosper, and be content.

What an amazing post! You are incredible.

askew

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I must be strange. I've never checked out another guy's dick in a locker room. I'm usually concentrating on what I'm going to work on that day before and wherever I need to be when I'm done. But I'm straight, not gay, so why would I want to look at other guy's dicks? (if I was the only male in a female locker room, situation would be different).

Now I have caught guys checking me out in the locker room. Doesn't bother me, whatever floats a person's boat.One guy asked me to get a drink with him after, told him my girlfriend was waiting ( He probably wasn't interested because of my dick size obviously, I have the ultimate in grower, must have been my body).

As far as showing off, I'm comfortable with who I am, no reason to try and be more "manly" than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicnic

sizeking87

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i'm above average sized, but also a grower rather than shower- not a fan of being naked in front of people or in a wet bathing suit for that reason... but (being a sizeking lol) its actually a major turn on for me when a guy's a lot bigger and it leaves me with that bitter-sweet mix of lust, awe, intimidation, envy, and some inadequacy. i'm pretty confident most of the time, so i'm not sure why this turns me on so much, but it just does

BigDikkedGuy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm an averagely-endowed guy, not particularly small and not too large either, and more of a grower than a shower.

Often when I'm in the locker room at the gym there is always a large proportion of guys around me better endowed then myself, which tends to depress me slightly, for want of a better word. Some days, when Im feeling pretty confident in my own skin, I don't really take heed, but others, like today, it effects me negatively.

Is this normal? I don't think its jealousy on my part, maybe some envy is involved. How do other guys deal with this thing?

NO matter gay, str8, bi, whatever every guy looks at other mens dick in the locker room and in the shower. Its natural man

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This is my second gym / locker room post today.

... thought I should also add, what I'm more interested in really, is comparing myself with other men's muscle development. If they are roughly same age/height/build etc. ... and maybe age range.

That's why I'm at the gym at all, after all.

I can't really do anything much about my ( only slightly more than average ) penis. And for that reason, I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about it or making comparisons with other men. But I CAN do something to improve the size/tone/strength of my muscles, and so making comparisons - to see how well I'm doing or not - does make some sense...

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Parallax.

Is a proven fact that when you see other's guy dicks they look bigger than yours. This is due to the angle of viewing. You see your dick from upside (wich causes it to look smaller than it is). This is one of the reasons because others guys' dicks looks almost always bigger than yours. I don't remember now the name for this optical effect.

D_George_Snuffleupagus

Just Browsing
Media
Hmm. I try really hard to not look at other guys in the locker room. Afraid if I get caught I'll get beat up or something. (comes from being bullied and traumatized in high school). When I do notice other guys, it seems they are all smaller than me. In fact, I'm sometimes embarrassed and make sure I'm not "showing", such as wrap a towel around myself, etc. I would hope I'm not "depressing" someone if they should happen to see me. Interesting thread.

TuckMeUnder

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
even the big guys wish they were bigger.

Not if you're the biggest of the "big guys" in the locker room.

I don't mind being the biggest in the room, but I sure don't want to be the biggest by a wide margin because it risks misinterpretation. (Is he cruising? Is he aroused? etc.)