locker rooms/ saunas

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by indianaman_04+Sep 9 2005, 02:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(indianaman_04 &#064; Sep 9 2005, 02:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dorset@Sep 9 2005, 02:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-indianaman_04
@Sep 8 2005, 04:41 PM
You seem to think that "acceptable" behavior is what the majority thinks is right. 
[post=341533]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep, that was right last time I checked, I think it&#39;s called a &#39;democracy&#39;, look it up sometime, it&#39;s the reason things like drug dealing are illegal even though it&#39;s a booming business

Back talking to the sensible people now, I think boundaries get blurred as soon as people take their clothes off. As this is something usually not accepted in society they having trouble reaching a logical conclusion as to where it should end
I think in some part of their minds they are taking off their social restraints as well as their clothes. It could just be a feeling of liberation gone too far
[post=341716]Quoted post[/post]​
Let me just say that I take great offense that you imply that I am not sensible. This is typical of someone who follows insteads of leads. You go along with the majority, narrowly minded and incapable of thinking for yourself. Yes, drug dealing is "illegal" because that is what you have been taught, so is drinking while driving and the list goes on and on. Do you not ever question what you are told?? Just because "someone" tells you it is illegal. This has nothing to do with democracy, you fool, but since you brought it up, you probably voted for Bush, too, didn&#39;t you? Because what he tells you is wrong or right, you accept because you can&#39;t think for yourself. I bet you are put on a leash and taken out nightly to do your business, too. Always question authority, they know less than you which is even scarier&#33;
[post=341767]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
You are a grade A idiot, why do you assume that I follow what other people think?
How can you use the example of drink driving only being wrong because that&#39;s what people tell you???

I have lost 2 members of my family due to a drunk driver, my girlfriend lost her uncle becuse of a drunk teenager speeding

Your comments are childish, idiotic and offensive

I have also had to go through NA (narcotics anonimous) so I think I&#39;m better placed than you to comment of the evils of drug use and dealing

You obviously have no real experience of the world and just want to look clever by saying crap like &#39;live and let live&#39;

How many family members have you lost to drug related crime? or drink drivers? If this had happened to you you&#39; wouldn&#39;t be so quick to shoot you mouth off about how it&#39;s only bad because that&#39;s what you&#39;re told&#33;

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by indianaman_04@Sep 9 2005, 02:56 PM
This has nothing to do with democracy, you fool

Seeing as you are too stupid to understand the language you speek here is an explanation for you

(taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy)

The word democracy originates from the Greek &#948;&#951;&#956;&#959;&#954;&#961;&#945;&#964;&#943;&#945; (demokratia). The components of the word are &#948;&#951;&#956;&#959;&#962; (demos), the people; &#954;&#961;&#945;&#964;&#949;&#953;&#957; (kratein), to rule; and the suffix &#943;&#945; (ia). The term means "rule by the people".

Democracy is a form of government in which policy is decided by the preference of the majority in a decision-making process

Definitions of democracy have in any case broadened to include aspects of society

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It&#39;s cool to read the give-and-take. Message boards are meant for this kind of venting. God knows, we&#39;re subjected to other people&#39;s ill-informed opinions peppered with as many pseudo-SAT words they can muster.

One tip: Stop calling each other stupid and first class idiot and moron and retard, etc. It&#39;s funny but infantile and makes the name-caller actually look lame.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Hung Muscle@Sep 9 2005, 06:07 PM
One tip: Stop calling each other stupid and first class idiot and moron and retard, etc. It&#39;s funny but infantile and makes the name-caller actually look lame.
[post=341803]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, regardless of who started it, we can at least try to keep it "above the belt"
I would hate to see this wonderful discussion go left field........ so beers all around and let the good times roll :toast: :party:

indianaman_04

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dorset+Sep 9 2005, 11:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dorset &#064; Sep 9 2005, 11:19 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by indianaman_04@Sep 9 2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Dorset@Sep 9 2005, 02:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-indianaman_04
@Sep 8 2005, 04:41 PM
You seem to think that "acceptable" behavior is what the majority thinks is right. 
[post=341533]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep, that was right last time I checked, I think it&#39;s called a &#39;democracy&#39;, look it up sometime, it&#39;s the reason things like drug dealing are illegal even though it&#39;s a booming business

Back talking to the sensible people now, I think boundaries get blurred as soon as people take their clothes off. As this is something usually not accepted in society they having trouble reaching a logical conclusion as to where it should end
I think in some part of their minds they are taking off their social restraints as well as their clothes. It could just be a feeling of liberation gone too far
[post=341716]Quoted post[/post]​

Let me just say that I take great offense that you imply that I am not sensible. This is typical of someone who follows insteads of leads. You go along with the majority, narrowly minded and incapable of thinking for yourself. Yes, drug dealing is "illegal" because that is what you have been taught, so is drinking while driving and the list goes on and on. Do you not ever question what you are told?? Just because "someone" tells you it is illegal. This has nothing to do with democracy, you fool, but since you brought it up, you probably voted for Bush, too, didn&#39;t you? Because what he tells you is wrong or right, you accept because you can&#39;t think for yourself. I bet you are put on a leash and taken out nightly to do your business, too. Always question authority, they know less than you which is even scarier&#33;
You are a grade A idiot, why do you assume that I follow what other people think?
How can you use the example of drink driving only being wrong because that&#39;s what people tell you???

I have lost 2 members of my family due to a drunk driver, my girlfriend lost her uncle becuse of a drunk teenager speeding

Your comments are childish, idiotic and offensive

I have also had to go through NA (narcotics anonimous) so I think I&#39;m better placed than you to comment of the evils of drug use and dealing

You obviously have no real experience of the world and just want to look clever by saying crap like &#39;live and let live&#39;

How many family members have you lost to drug related crime? or drink drivers? If this had happened to you you&#39; wouldn&#39;t be so quick to shoot you mouth off about how it&#39;s only bad because that&#39;s what you&#39;re told&#33;
[post=341777]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
oh man, c&#39;mon, are you kidding me&#33; How would you know ANYTHING about what experience I have or don&#39;t have with drugs, alcohol, family and friends who&#39;ve lost lives to that? Dude, you assume too much and it makes you look totally stupid. I hate to tell ya but I could write a book here in this thread about my experiences. I choose not to because first, most people could care less and second, what is it of anyone&#39;s business what my history and experience is? Like I&#39;m gonna share my life with complete strangers in an internet forum, are you insane? But since you feel that what I say is based on what has happened to me, let me just give you a small look:
sister overdosed on oxy and alcohol, died when I was 7. Grandfather, died of liver failure when I was 9 (he was found in a pool of blood clutching a bottle of whiskey), two friends killed in a drive-by shooting (probably drug related) and my aunt and uncle were both killed by a drunk driver when they were out of town when I was 19 and in college so don&#39;t give me crap about not knowing what I&#39;m talking about, you are clueless&#33; The evils of drugs and alcohol are the people who choose to use them, the evils have nothing to do with the drugs or alcohol themselves. I choose not to use drugs, not because someone says it is wrong but because of what they do to you. I can make my own damn decisions.

indianaman_04

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dorset+Sep 9 2005, 11:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dorset &#064; Sep 9 2005, 11:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-indianaman_04@Sep 9 2005, 02:56 PM

Seeing as you are too stupid to understand the language you speek here is an explanation for you

The word democracy originates from the Greek &#948;&#951;&#956;&#959;&#954;&#961;&#945;&#964;&#943;&#945; (demokratia). The components of the word are &#948;&#951;&#956;&#959;&#962; (demos), the people; &#954;&#961;&#945;&#964;&#949;&#953;&#957; (kratein), to rule; and the suffix &#943;&#945; (ia). The term means "rule by the people".

Democracy is a form of government in which policy is decided by the preference of the majority in a decision-making process

Definitions of democracy have in any case broadened to include aspects of society
[post=341780]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
sheesh, and you think the majority voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004, huh? yeah, do you even live in a democracy? Do you know what it is really like? Probably not.

indianaman_04

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by ebviking@Sep 9 2005, 12:11 PM
Can you guys take this little spat somewhere else, like email or something.
It&#39;s irritating.

Thanks.
[post=341786]Quoted post[/post]​
yeah, I&#39;m done. My apologies to those that have been irritated. There&#39;s no rationalizing with the irrational, tends to get a bit frustrating.

Peace out

Geekyraccoon

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Dorset+Sep 9 2005, 12:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dorset &#064; Sep 9 2005, 12:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-indianaman_04@Sep 9 2005, 02:56 PM

[post=341780]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

But we don&#39;t live in a democracy at all. We live in a representative republic. And legislating something doesn&#39;t make it popular with the majority, nor do we have any control over what is legislated beyond who is doing it.

It wasn&#39;t widely popular to legalize abortion in Roe v. Wade, but they had to weight that against hospital floors covered with dying women from botched illegal abortions. The main reason hemp is illegal is lobbying from the cotton industry, as it has no narcotic effects whatsoever.

So no, we don&#39;t live in a democracy, and acceptable behavior truthfully varies from place to place, and person to person. There are few universally acceptable or unacceptable acts. You can&#39;t predict what everyone&#39;s going to freak out over, nor should you be expected to walk on eggshells around everyone on the planet. So I would probably say the best way to go is just to treat people with respect.

Just a thought or two,
-Me

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ebviking@Sep 9 2005, 05:11 PM
It&#39;s irritating.

Thanks.
I do appologise, not the time or the place

An olive branch for Indianaman -

I appologise for getting too personal and saying you were a kid who only had your views for shock value

However I would in return want you to accept that I don&#39;t simply hold my views because I&#39;m a sheep who thinks what I&#39;m told (and for saying I voted for Bush)
:pals:

Dorset

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I&#39;ve seen guide books of "gentlemens saunas" across Europe every now and again in book shops. Why not have this kind of thing in the US? It wouldn&#39;t stop the un-planned &#39;heat of the moment&#39; encounter between two people who went to the sauna without any plans to do anything but those going looking for it could go somewhere that they would be very welcome and also benefit from going to a place where they aren&#39;t going to have someone react badly or call management

Also, I would assume that in America you would have just as many anti-gay crimes as here in the UK. I would have thought that two men having a sexual encounter in front of an extreme right wing activist could end up in serious violence. We have had people murdered just for coming out of gay clubs over here

indianaman_04

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Dorset+Sep 12 2005, 02:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dorset &#064; Sep 12 2005, 02:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ebviking@Sep 9 2005, 05:11 PM
It&#39;s irritating.

Thanks.

I appologise for getting too personal and saying you were a kid who only had your views for shock value

However I would in return want you to accept that I don&#39;t simply hold my views because I&#39;m a sheep who thinks what I&#39;m told (and for saying I voted for Bush)
[post=342489]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Your apology is absolutely accepted, and I hope that you can understand the hurtful things I said were said in frustration more than anything. The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt someone&#39;s feelings, either intentional or unintentional. I think we, as a whole, can agree to disagree on things and continue to be friends. :toast:

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by indianaman_04+Sep 12 2005, 06:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(indianaman_04 &#064; Sep 12 2005, 06:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dorset@Sep 12 2005, 02:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ebviking
@Sep 9 2005, 05:11 PM
It&#39;s irritating.

Thanks.

[post=342489]Quoted post[/post]​
Your apology is absolutely accepted, and I hope that you can understand the hurtful things I said were said in frustration more than anything. The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt someone&#39;s feelings, either intentional or unintentional. I think we, as a whole, can agree to disagree on things and continue to be friends. :toast:
[post=342576]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I love you guys :cry: ....group hug everybody :grouphug:

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
we seem to have gotten way off track here. the original post queried whether having an erection in a sauna is something anyone has seen or would be concerned about. later on, people are talking about bj&#39;s in the sauna. in my opinion, the issues are not related.

in a men&#39;s locker room, it is perfectly normal and acceptable for men and boys to undress and walk around naked. in my 50+ years of being in such places, i have NEVER seen signs asking patrons to wear towels, hide their genitals, display modesty, etc. what would be the point of this? not only is the locker room the proper place for undress, it is also a private domain, free of women, where a man can expose himself without concern. i have 2 young daughters and can not/do not walk around nude in my own home, but i can and do in a men&#39;s locker room.

being nude or being clothed, the penis exhibits expansion and contraction depending on heat, cold, and other factors. it is never in a fixed state. erections can happen spontaneously as well as intentionally. i assume that the purpose of the locker room is to change clothes and use the showers/saunas/steam for health purposes. i also assume that if a guy sports a hard-on or semi, it is unintentional.
i dont draw attention to it, and i dont freak out about it either.

i have also been around the block a few times and know that some guys DO show off intentionally to make sexual contacts. but an erection in and of itself is no proof of that. i have seen so few hard ons in locker rooms over the years that the whole issue seems a bit like splitting hairs.

on the other hand, in heavily gay areas, what goes on in the locker room is going to be a little different than what you&#39;d find in a family type health club. if that bothered me (which it doesn&#39;t), i&#39;d find another health club.
in fact, i have seen erections in the locker room so seldom that it is surprising that this is even a topic at this forum, especially since the topic is not relative to a man&#39;s penis size.

Reactions: Stretchycock

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Boys and young men, as well as many fully grown males are being taught and conditioned to be ashamed of being "male" and having a penis. Few men have your healthy, NORMAL male attitude in this day and age, thkbeercan.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Beercan, every day in my gym, there are dozens of erect penises being stroked in the sauna and steamroom. I think it is an issue of location and percentage of gay clients. Granted, I live in a predominantly gay neighborhood in a major US city.

You might not have seen many erections in your lockerroom, but buddy if I saw your beer can coming my way, I&#39;d be working hard to work it hard....