locker rooms/ saunas

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i agree, hung muscle, it depends on location, etc. a gay club in a big city is going to have lockerroom antics quite different from the local public swimming pool.

i have had comments made, even had a few guys reach over to "touch it" while sitting in a sauna/steam. but the total number of occurences like that , or seeing another guy's erection for that matter, are less than 5% of the time.

i live in the SF bay area and there are a lot of gay men in the area, but i do not go to a gay health club. gay friends of mine have told me about another local gym where some heavy duty action occurs in the men's locker room, but haven't been there so it's just hearsay.

i would imagine there are certain guys who pay for memberships in these places so they CAN sit in the lockeroom facilities and see dicks swinging around. nothing wrong with that as far as i am concerned-'you can look , but don't touch', unless, of course, it's you, hung muscle.....

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Erections are normally not OK in a sauna and should be covered up. I will however excuse a man being hard if with his girlfriend- saw one at a hotel sauna the other week and have seen a few others.

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So do I.

And, again, I gotta clue you in to this reality: During the summers in Washington DC and New York City when it is hot and humid and gross outside, the only guys I see going into these parts of the gym are guys looking for play. Granted, my gyms tend to be in predominantly gay neighborhoods, but not all the guys going in there for a wank would identify themselves as homosexual.

In terms of losing business and social acceptability: you need to look at what happened at David Barton Gym in New York. The management turned a blind eye to what was going on (and there it was full-on sex!) in the wet areas of the gym. They didn't lose money; quite the opposite. In this case, the public sex in the gym was socially acceptable and profitable. I would bet there are more guys who join gyms for the play-time than who are so offended they give up their membership over this. (How many guys have you seen who don't even bother to work out and head straight for the showers?) I would seriously doubt if the hanky-panky is not profitable for the gym...
I LOVED working out at David Barton Gym in Astor Place. My heart cried when they went out of business after all those years. I’m hoping something like it will return in the future, maybe in other cities.

Reactions: coolkumar_3

wants2havefun

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to go to a gym in an affluent suburb of NYC, and boy was the steam room active! I've had one guy sucking me as another sucking my nips and all 3 came together!!
Can't wait for the steam rooms to reopen post pandemic!
Was it a NYSC?

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So do I.

And, again, I gotta clue you in to this reality: During the summers in Washington DC and New York City when it is hot and humid and gross outside, the only guys I see going into these parts of the gym are guys looking for play. Granted, my gyms tend to be in predominantly gay neighborhoods, but not all the guys going in there for a wank would identify themselves as homosexual.

In terms of losing business and social acceptability: you need to look at what happened at David Barton Gym in New York. The management turned a blind eye to what was going on (and there it was full-on sex!) in the wet areas of the gym. They didn't lose money; quite the opposite. In this case, the public sex in the gym was socially acceptable and profitable. I would bet there are more guys who join gyms for the play-time than who are so offended they give up their membership over this. (How many guys have you seen who don't even bother to work out and head straight for the showers?) I would seriously doubt if the hanky-panky is not profitable for the gym...
I reminisce about the days at David Barton Gym in Astor Place. ;)

Reactions: ItalianBD

AgHarley

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
what happened at David Barton Gym in New York. The management turned a blind eye to what was going on (and there it was full-on sex ;) in the wet areas of the gym. They didn’t lose money; quite the opposite. In this case, the public sex in the gym was socially acceptable and profitable.
I’m surprised there aren’t more former DBG members on this website. I was a happy member of DBG at Astor Place and definitely got close to some of that hot locker room action. If Prep had been around when the gym was still in business, I am sure there would have been even more hot sex to go around — and mostly troll-free scene!

Reactions: RyeGuy92

RyeGuy92

Sexy Member
Media
I’m surprised there aren’t more former DBG members on this website. I was a happy member of DBG at Astor Place and definitely got close to some of that hot locker room action. If Prep had been around when the gym was still in business, I am sure there would have been even more hot sex to go around — and mostly troll-free scene!
I go to Astor Place now and it’s a shame what the new owners did to the Steam room… they converted it to a sauna which took 5 months and installed a big glass door with bright lights… of course they left the ladies room a steam room. Then once it opened, it never worked and the Health department shut it down so it’s been closed for an indefinite future. They’re losing gay members left and right over it to David Barton’s new gym. Anyways, wish we could’ve been in the same place at the same time. It coulda been fun! :)

Reactions: AgHarley