Locker Rooms/Showers in Asia

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Ewhit49, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ewhit49

Ewhit49 Member

Moving to Japan for a few months and not sure the etiquette for locker rooms/showers there. I am comfortable being naked in front of other guys in such a setting, but didn't know what the protocol was there? Anybody have any insight?

Also, not to be stereotypical, but will my penis - being quite a "shower" around 5" flaccid - be found offensive by Asian men if I openly display it in these situations? Hmm.. What's your input?

2. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

A Czech friend of mine studied in Japan a few years back. He's 6'2 hairy and hung. He went to the bathing spas he told me and was usually ignored. It's just a spa after all and many guys, Asians, whites, blacks etc go there for communal bathing. I don't think you'll be anything so outstanding or unusual. Just go and enjoy.

3. pronatalist

pronatalist Active Member

When I was in the military, stationed in South Korea, I went with some other soldiers, to a Korean bathhouse, while we were out in the field in our tents, thinking it was better than our military shower tent. The Koreans never treated us strange, and seemed to accept us as just normal guys. I think it was something of a communal naked swimming pool\hot tub and showers, for only men, I can't remember exactly what it was like anymore, it was so long ago.

(Our military tents were co-ed, but that doesn't mean we ever get to "see anything." If the women wanted some privacy at some times, they just kicked us guys out for a little while.)

Don't behave inappropriately, and I suspect they would think of you as normal.

But why do you need to go to locker rooms or showers in Asia? You'll be in some gym there? I don't seem to go to any gyms or locker rooms anymore. Don't have time. And there's other ways to get exercise.

I don't know much about Japan, so I suspect Japan might be similar to South Korea?

4. strongman

strongman New Member

I enjoyed a wet area, all male, in Hong Kong and it was all open to view. Open showers but individual but across from it a huge jaccuzi tub and to either side of these dry and wet saunas. The Asians were all nude and the Europeans (one or two) had towels around them. In the dry sauna the men were doing stretches fully nude and there was no shyness. I thought it was terrific, non sexual but great for an exhibitionist or voyeur of course. It was great to be in an all male wet area with no inhibitions.

I had several massages in parts of Asia and was nude each time. Asians are not hairy and are curious about body hair and also being mostly smaller in build are curious if that is the word about larger men too. Non Asian men I guess. I have a big chest and pecs and big nipples for a male. I don't know Japan or Korea but this always became a focus of a massage in Thailand and once in Cambodia. Further details ask me .

Draft saved Draft deleted