Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What makes me cringe is the guy who wipes himself dry then stands on the towel while getting dressed....then takes the same towel and a minute later wipes his face or hands...just wrapping up the towel and putting it in the clothes bag at that point freaks me out. My gym is clean and I have never caught anything. I do wash my hands well and am super aware of my own cross contamination. The reality is we come across so much bacteria daily but we also have (by and large) the ability to handel lots of this through our own system.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
People go to the gym to work their muscles so they won't atrophy. Why not exercise your immune system too? While I don't go out of my way looking for germs, I don't run and hide from them either. And I hardly ever (knock on wood) get sick.

Freeboy

Experimental Member
Media
I do shower at my gym and try to sit on a towel if I'm in the sauna. I invested in some shower shoes, which are a must have. I wash my hands frequently anyway, but definitely whenever I'm working out.

I can completely relate to people's concerns about public hygiene though. I dare not sit on the toilets in ANY public place, really. There are far too many people I see use the restroom, esp. at the gym, and not wash their hands. DISGUSTING! Over the years, I've learned that there are just some who do not care about cleanliness. I can understand why some don't use the locker rooms at the gym. But, you have to remember that people are carrying their unwashed hands from the locker room right out on to the workout floor and touching every machine and benchpress that you use.

You can't run and hide from all germs, but there are a few steps you can take to reduce your overexposure to them.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
carter2006 said:
Not scream rape, no, but I think you overestimate some of the parents of today. And indeed some of the kids of today. Just look at the legislation now in place in schools around the world. A teacher can't so much as talk to a student if there's not another witness in the room (in the UK at least). Everyone's scared of liability and lawsuits. You even have to answer safety questions to buy 16 paracetamol now. I work in an environment where I have to be First Aid trained, yet if a child becomes ill or unconscious I'm not supposed to touch it unless there's someone else present, even if the child's heart stops and needs CPR. The world has gone crazy I tell you!
Thanks for your post. Many people do not understand how rediculous it has gotten to be. I have posted about it and I really think many folks here thought I was exagerating.

But this is the way it is. It the written regulations say that if a child gets choked to ignore the child and let him die, and you call emergency help, you could get fired for not following instructions. Even if the instructions were a typo as in the word not was left out totally changing the meaning of the instructions.

In my area, most of the administrators and those in position of authority over other teachers flunked out as teachers so they were promoted into their present positions.

It is not about taking care of children, it is about not making adults liable for the care of children. Sad. Sad. Sad. The goal is to see that no adult can be sued. To hell with the emotional and physical needs of the children.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Lex said:
I need psychological help in being able to get into a communal shower because, quite frankly, the germs of stragers make me cringe.

The thought of a shower that isn't my own, or in the house of a close friend or family member just grosses me out.

The fact that a buddy caught a rash from sitting on the bench in his gym's locker room only enhanced my trepidation.

Last time I showered with other men openly was high school after Phys Ed class freshman and sophomore years.

Good fantasy (showering openly, but I just can't seem to do it). Sigh.
Nothing wrong with you Lex. I feel the same way. My ex was a shower whore and had the most disgusting feet...always with the yellow toenails and the foot fungus. He'd stay in there for hours showing himself off and prowling for cock. I couldn't get him to look twice at me once we moved in but I digress once more....I'll use a gym shower to (gasp) rinse off after a workout but I'm fully prepared with flip flops. Another ex of mine claims to have gotten crabs from sitting on a bench naked. I'm not sure I believe that one.