Locker Rooms

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by HugeDils24, Apr 19, 2006.

1. HugeDils24

HugeDils24 New Member

Is it rare for people not to change nude in the locker room? At my school all the guys just go in seperate showers and come out fully changed. Are all schools like that?

2. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    mines ever weirder. we are SO homophobic (i might have to explain that one) down here that NO ONE ever gets nude while changing. only the desperate ones shower and if they do they are wearing some article of clothing. if people change underwear, they change while having a towel wrapped around their waist. Nudity is a HUGE no-no down here, (which i really don't like because i'd like something to stare at....lol.)

3. prickleyguy

prickleyguy Member

Albums:
    Most of the locker rooms I have ever been in the guys pranced around in their birthday suits, especially the guys with something to show... unlike myself who has always been a grower, I always thought of the towel as my best friend:rolleyes:

4. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

What kind of school are you going to at 31 years old? Hmmmmmm?

5. lbkontop

lbkontop New Member

Albums:
    never got naked in locker room because the showers never worked right. At the gym though, guys get naked with no hesitation.

6. D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

For gym class, most of the guys are modest and cover up their privates while changing or go changing in a stall.

For sports practice, all the average and hung guys prance their stuff around while the smaller boys hide behind towels or stalls.

At the local gym club, every guy usually struts their stuff.

Basically, different environments and different types of people make the locker room experiences all different.

7. ccdefender05

ccdefender05 New Member

Most of what i have experienced it depends on the guys. some guys just change and not worry about showing others hide it. it seems to me at least that the guys that do show they tend to be average to big, not usually small or huge

8. danny8x7

danny8x7 New Member

my school is exactly like that

9. inkubus963

inkubus963 Member

Hmmm, indeed. That could be the issue. If the students notice someone faculty-aged is trying to observe the state of undress in the locker room, I can see it causing some discomfort...

10. Latinoboy9

Latinoboy9 New Member

Albums:
    School or college is kewl with the whole nudity thing in the guys looker room and when we have swim meets some of the guys even get hard in the showers after the meet... Including myself sometimes! And at my local YMCA its nudity nudity nudity...naked men and young guys everywhere...saunna,showers,lockers,steamroom...Jose'Latinoboy9:cool:

11. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    well, it's nice to know that i'm not alone.....:smile:

12. slayer04

slayer04 New Member

we don't shower during school...and very few guys get nude at our gyms either...it's really uptight around here...however I have no problem with strutting my stuff.

13. osxwrangler

osxwrangler New Member

This rant may not be that answer to your question but I can’t help myself sometimes.

It’s always sad to hear that men are so uptight about their bodies. What you’re asking really never crosses my mind. Oddly enough, locker rooms are where men change clothes. Generally you have to take off what you have on to put on something else.

Yes there are men who want their privacy and I always respect that.

I would guess that around 50% of the people in the world are male. Most males know what others look like. I think way too much is made of this. Men get over this. Others are not paying that much attention you. It’s not all about you. Generally their mind is somewhere else.

If you do get to the point of being okay with yourself it’s sure nice to be comfortable enough to carry on a conversation and joke around with the other men you may have met or see often.

To better address the original question - young fellas (adolescent boys) today can be very insecure. It’s part of growing up. I commend it to you - if you have an adolescent son or relative that you are with at the gym or can talk openly with assure them that they’re okay. Make sure that they know about the changes in their bodies and we are all different. They will appreciate you helping them through that awkward time in their life.

Too many boys today just don’t get the exposure to other men and boys. It was different for men years ago before this nation became so uptight. The mixing of men and women in YMCAs and other facilities has also contributed to this but I’ll save that for another rant another time.

14. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson New Member

At my gym the guys are pretty modest. Most are only in underwear and if they do change turn and face the wall or keep a towel around their waist. They tend to dry off in the shower stall and wrap a towel around their waist before coming out. They usually wear gym shorts in the sauna. On rare occasions a guy is bold enough to walk from the shower area to the dressing room nude or dry off in the dressing area, but the rule is maintain eye contact....never look down.

15. B_IanTheTall

B_IanTheTall New Member

It depends on the locker room and who is in it. At the gym/rec center I go, I generally walk around the with towel in hand or over my head, to dry my air. Few guys react, some will say something to a buddy, after I'm around the corner (as though I can't hear them over the locker rows). There are a few guys that have/had a hard time (literally), in the showers.

It happened four times, twice in college and twice since, that I've had sex with some one in the locker room. The last time was the first time with my girlfriend. Always at the end of the day, the first three times was with an employee of the gym/center. More likely was catching someone's eye and then going to her, his, their, my or our place.

16. melrose

melrose New Member

Albums:
    When I was in high school guys walked around naked in the locker room all the time. All the guys changed in front of each other. There was guys who were shy and they would go to the back of the locker room where the stalls were to change. Some of them were harrassed for this, guys making fun of them. When I was in middle school and ashamed of my large cock I always hide because I thought they would make fun of me, one day I did not have a choice I had to shower then guys realized I did not stuff my jeans with socks like they used to tease me. By High School I really learned that having a large cock was a good thing and was proud to be naked in the locker room and the open showers. All the guys in my gym class and when I played football had a mixture of sizes, some very small, several average, a few large and one black guy who we called snake-lol, you get the picture.

17. jjltnboi

jjltnboi New Member

i dont mind being naked in the locker room. in think the guys who do mind are the ones with the the insecurities. growing up my home was uptight bout nudity, but ive learned to be comfortable in my skin not to mind it.

18. Nikkiwadlin

Nikkiwadlin New Member

Our gym is totally nude in the spa area, is that unusual? Never seen it any different.

19. mattgti

mattgti New Member

Albums:
    I've seen it both ways after moving to a new school district in the 10th grade. At my new school nobody showers or even walks around in their underwear. It was the same on the swim team. I'm a senior now and nothing has changed in three years.

However at my old school we were required to shower. A couple of guys refused, but nobody ever enforced the shower rule. I still live in the same metro area, so it's not a regional cultural thing. Who knows?

20. nashboy

nashboy Active Member

Albums:
    in school guys never showered in gym class where im from. but yeah def in the gym now guys are naked everywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted