Lockerbie Bomber to be freed ??

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Relentless Original, Aug 13, 2009.

1. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
  2. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

He should have to stay in prison until he dies. He killed many people, tough tittie about wanting out.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

Shocked and horrified is more like it. I think they were totally wrong to allow his release. :mad:

Compassionate grounds?! :confused:Why show him any compassion? :261: Did he show compassion when he viciously murderd almost 300 people, 21 years ago? No, he did not. Did those people get to say good-bye to their loved ones and pass away peacefully at home? No, they did not. This is wrong.

4. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

I am astounded the man's being released. It's outrageous.

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

This is so outrageously wrong. This "compassionate release" is what a couple of the woman in the Manson murders are trying to get, I hope the parole board has more sense than in this case. I'm also appalled that he only got a 27 year sentence in the first place.

6. superbot

Gold Member

Would they have released Shipman,West,Brady etc early? NO of course not.So why this creature.It's a decision made by the Scottish courts,seemingly backed by the SNP! The guy killed 200 people more than the above put together.No decision has been made as yet but if they do let him go then the shit will hit the fan!!

7. Viking_UK

Gold Member

It's probably cos Ronnie Biggs got let out on health grounds.

8. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well
    they say People in Prison,s
    will 'eventually' be released
    Dont agree'.. but WHAT can you do
    -express displeasure on a thread such as this?
    about all .. i geuss
    (Life and our decisions .. are never Perfect)
    enz

9. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    I agree with you superbot, but they did try and get Myra Hindley released on health grounds, and she died, but who knows whether she did or not?.

With regard to the lockerbie Bomber he should stay and rot in prison.

10. D_Kissimmee Coldsore

His trial was a long drawn out mess, I personally was not satisfied and nor were many others. His guilt or lack thereof is not the point though, such things set precedence for other cases. It's not great news at all.

11. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Mr. Swire, who seems to be the representative over here for the families of the victims, believes that he should be released to die in his homeland.

There is considerable doubt and unease over his conviction. Iran had much greater motive, being revenge for the US shooting down an Iranian civilian plane killing 290 some six months before Lockerbie.

It will be decided by the Scottish Justice Minister. I think that he will release him because vengeance seems to carry less weight in our ethical jurisprudence.

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I don't understand how the word vengeance comes into play for a man who is responsible for killing 270 innocent people. Expecting that he serve the sentence he was given is not vengeance in my book. I think all the victims of Pan Am flight 103 would have liked to die with their families in their home land also. If their was or is doubt in anyones mind about his innocence or guilt they should be responsible for providing the proof.

13. camper joe

Gold Member

I think he should never step foot outside that prison.

14. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I am not generally a conspiracy theorist, but the Lockerbie trial, to my mind, did not reveal the truth of what happened. There should therefore have been reasonable doubt over his guilt, or as is possible in Scotland, a verdict of not proven. Those who have the evidence, did not want the evidence to be known. In fact there is concern, that what evidence there was, was planted by them.

I see it as vengeance, because this man is about to die and one week is neither here nor there. His sentence was not to die in prison.

Did the innocents of IR655 ever get justice? You may recall the quote from Vice President Bush over the incident. "I will never apologise for the actions of the United States ever. Whatever the facts may be."

15. D_Kissimmee Coldsore

Agreed, the whole thing does stink of political motives.

16. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
  17. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

LOL....just confused the heck outta me.....i thought he had been released and then now he has'nt? ....i deleted my last post cos it was irrelevant now lol

18. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
  19. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I feel a little muddled on this actually because i half feel that he should have stayed right where he was and that is health is irrelevant, it's his own fault he is there.
    On the other hand i feel that compassion shown in these circumstances serves to demonstrate the difference between those who commit such acts of evil against those who are supposedly 'evil' and decent people who can show they are not.
    The relationship between the UK and Libya has been improving steadily over the last decade and this decision at least continues that trend instead of giving haters of the west ammunition to attack.

20. speshk

speshk New Member

I hope all those who approve of this terrible action by the Scottish government will reflect on the pain felt by the families and the terror that must have originally been experienced by the victims over Lockerbie. I hope they will think about these things on their next flight.

Draft saved Draft deleted