lockerroom interviews with jockstraps

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
does anyone else notice during interviews after games in the lockerrooms that a lot of times the players worn sweaty jocks are hanging behind them. I've noticed this more often after hockey and football games. sometimes baseball, and very rarely basketball. not sure why that is with basketball...if ever there was a game that just a jock would do the trick this is it. sometimes with hockey the sock straps are attached to it..sometimes there is sock garter hanging with it. you can ever see the brands by the stripes sometimes. check it out during the playoffs. last night after the flyers /caps game there was one hanging there during danny briere's interview.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought camera people were not allowed in locker rooms anymore after the games because of people complaining about nudity and seeing men in states of undress on national television ?

bigjpgh

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
cameras maybe, but reporters are sure allowed in, and after a rival game in college football i gave an interview to a female newspaper reporter in the buff. she had to ask me to repeat myself several times, repeated a few questions, and generally spent more time looking past her note pad than at it. of course, with all that attention, i was semi, which just made her stare more. and yes, she called me later for a follow up "interview"

Primal_Savage

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
does anyone else notice during interviews after games in the lockerrooms that a lot of times the players worn sweaty jocks are hanging behind them. I've noticed this more often after hockey and football games. sometimes baseball, and very rarely basketball. not sure why that is with basketball...if ever there was a game that just a jock would do the trick this is it. sometimes with hockey the sock straps are attached to it..sometimes there is sock garter hanging with it. you can ever see the brands by the stripes sometimes. check it out during the playoffs. last night after the flyers /caps game there was one hanging there during danny briere's interview.

Yeah, man! Watched the game, the OTs and the interview, tho I really didn't like the outcome. Then, again, I'm a RANGERS fan.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
thirteenbyseven: By all means one of my favorite movies. Brandon Frasier suddenly discovering that his wish to be the "biggest" basketball player also means he has the worlds smallest penis. One of the few times I've ever seriously laughed at a small penis joke.

As for no television interviews in locker rooms. I think that's another "special" thing about how sexually fucked up the USA is about anything that has to do with sexual normalcy. I watch many after game football (you people say soccer) interviews and hockey interviews in the locker rooms and team players are often shown wandering around naked from the showers to their lockers. From personal experience, it's definitely and English language country thing. Spanish, Italians, and Eastern Europeans could care less.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, man! Watched the game, the OTs and the interview, tho I really didn't like the outcome. Then, again, I'm a RANGERS fan.

sorry to hear that Primal! I loved the outcome. :wink: and I thought we were buds! lol hey..at least the Rangers can beat those damn Devils! clearing the way for the the Flyers. there isn't much in sports more exciting than sudden death playoff hockey!

as for the rule in the US..never heard of that, and I see it all the time after games. of course maybe it's because they are cable broadcasts?
not sure. but I'm telling you they are hanging there all the time. talk about pure male testosterone in a room.

LETS GO FLYERS!

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thirteenbyseven: By all means one of my favorite movies. Brandon Frasier suddenly discovering that his wish to be the "biggest" basketball player also means he has the worlds smallest penis. One of the few times I've ever seriously laughed at a small penis joke.

As for no television interviews in locker rooms. I think that's another "special" thing about how sexually fucked up the USA is about anything that has to do with sexual normalcy. I watch many after game football (you people say soccer) interviews and hockey interviews in the locker rooms and team players are often shown wandering around naked from the showers to their lockers. From personal experience, it's definitely and English language country thing. Spanish, Italians, and Eastern Europeans could care less.

One of my favorite parts is after his wife butchers an attempt at English: "I am es tu visiting en the Los Angeles for the time of vacations" Brendon Frasier comes back timidly with "muey bien-Excelente" followed-up with an ever so brief you-son-of-a-bitch glance over at Raoul.

"Despues de solo seis mesas de clases inglesas.....con Raoul." :indifferent:

luckylyn

Mythical Member
Media
A few years ago I was watching the local news and they were doing a locker room interview with some player (I want to say basketball - college, for sure). In the background was a mirror - you could see another guy (naked, side view) pulling up a pair of white briefs...he turned toward the camera and walked off...If you were looking at the mirror and not at the player being interviewed, it was pretty clear!

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Check out the last pic in this blog post. A cameraman in the locker room caught a shot of Brett Favre in his jockstrap.

I've seen that pic..it's a classic! there was a scene in the movie North Dallas Forty like this...all of em walking around in jocks and sox. Im happy even just seeing them hanging on the lacker peg though!

MuscleBoundMan

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I think the answer to your question is that in football, hockey and baseball (at least when I played it) we wore a strap with a cup. The pouch is made out of some kind of heavy cloth that retains water. Play for a few hours and that sucker is drenched in sweat.

A regular strap like we wear for basketball is made mostly of rubber and plastic. Its a little wet after but I don't have to hang my to dry.

I see locker room interviews everyday on ESPN. They corner the guys now trying to make sure that they don't expose anyone.

I agree with the euro's and other parts, no one is going to care about seeing guys naked in a locker room. I don't think its something that many women would get a thrill out of, and I know at least as a straight guy I would just ignore it best I could. I think most guys couldn't care less if they were accidently caught on tv. When you play a sport professionally you become very used to being naked in a locker room even knowing that anyone and seemingly everyone comes through there while you're getting dressed. I was never one of the guys they wanted to interview, but I wasn't in college long before I didn't pay any attention to them while I was getting showered and dressed. In college they were in locker room almost everyday, including practice.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok...happened again last night. after the Flyers beat the Canadians last night (the're up 3 games to 1, but should have eliminated them 4 games to 0 if not for the bad calls in game 1..but thats another story!)

on comcast post game interviews...Danny Briere was interviewed in front of his changing are and dead center camera shot between him and the interviewer was his game worn jock hanging from the hook with the rest of his gear. the cup was still in the pouch and you could even read the label...Bike..but the stripes gave that away also. not only a great player, but hot to know he wears the classic jockstrap under his gear instead of one of the newer lame all in one jock shorts.

Nikkiwadlin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We all know that women reporters are allowed now in the locker room to interview athletes, but are male reporters allowed in womens locker rooms while they are showering, getting dressed? I have never seen such an interview.

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
HERE in europe we couldn't care less about that. IT is normal in after-game interviews to see the players half naked [if not TOTALY bare ass naked] while being interviewed.
WHAT'S the problem with that? if any gay man WOULDN'T like to see it... :D