lockerroom pet peeves

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Making sure your crotch and pubes are completely dry before dressing reduces the incidence of jock itch in men who are prone to the affliction. Could that be the reason....not a fluffy groin? :D

Industry7

Just Browsing
Media
i think you all need to get over your prudeness. If you don't wan tto see that stuff, don't use a PUBLIC bathing room. It's that simple. It really is a public bathrrom, so expect people to do whatever they would do in their normal bathroom there. If you want to be like your private bathroom, then go home and use that

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
nudity in the lockerroom is to be expected. If you don't want to see guys walking around and showering in the buff don't go in the lockerroom. My only pet peeve is guys who blatenly stare at your dick like they have never seen one before!

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
EFH33 said:
There was a guy at my old gym in New York who would be in the locker room when I got to the gym to change into my workout clothes, and then he would be there when I was finished working out as well. I rarely ever saw him working out. He was always in the locker room. I didn't care, really, but one guy I used to workout with commented to him about it once and he just shrugged him off. I guess if you pay the membership you can use whatever facilities you like, but it was just strange to me.
About 10 years ago, my friend and I did a one month trial of a health club and after working out, we'd go to the steam, sauna and whirlpool. There were guys cruising at times, and it was rather the norm there. One day, I was there about 6pm after work and saw a famous person sitting in the sauna with a full boner playing with it trying to get me to play with him (and it). I was so freaked out that I left. I called my friend when I got home and said, "OMG, I was at the gym today and who was sitting in the sauna playing with himself? NBC New's John Palmer (http://www.ithaca.edu/icnews/vol24/24-15/pix/palmer.jpg)! My friend said "What time were you there?" I told him about 6pm and he said, "I was there at 1pm and he was doing the same thing!!!!"

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
So until I joined this forum, I had never seen a locker room erection before. Now, in the week, I've seen TWO -- at my college gym nonetheless. Both were very attractive guys, one of them seriously packing some meat ... yet, I don't get it. I enjoy my workouts plenty, but not THAT much.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Mr db asks, "...But really, why would anyone need to blowdry their pubes? That's just silly. Do they really need to be that fluffy?"

I blowdry my pubes because it's the quickest way to get 'em dry. I also blowdry my body and head hair for the same reason. I start off towel-drying everything, but that just gets SOME of the wetness out.

And, BTW, blowdrying DOESN'T make my pubes fluffy. But it DOES get 'em dry.

salinger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am annoyed that showering at the gym has been sort of ruined for me. Growing up it was a nice little bonding place. Now, the gay guys are too leery and the straight guys are too self-conscious and I'm made to feel like a perv because I don't care about being naked. Please note, that I'm not saying that the group shower thing is a sexual thing. I merely always felt a little closer to my friends that I was in that situation with. In college, at the fraternity house, if you had to shower, you'd always ask someone else to go with you so you had someone to talk to. Gosh, I miss those days. What a difference a few years make.

montroyal88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have the same neutral attitude toward nudity.

I am not an exhibitionist (but do have some fantasies in that direction). However, I do think the nude body is a beautiful thing, and I would consider joining a nudist/naturist club, preferably co-ed.

In particular, I would like to find an indoor public pool here that allows nude swims (at special times). I swam and tanned nude up at the cottage until I was 15 or so. I even washed the car nude, although typically there weren't more than a few families with line of sight visibility.

I just love the sensation of cool water, moderate breeze, warm sun on bare skin.

R

SlickWilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I recently joined a newly built gym to start getting back into shape. I gotta say, the locker room has provided me with no end of chuckles. For everything you see in the media about how wild & crazy California is, this area has proven to be the exception. It's a planned community, full of repressed, ULTRA-conservative types, so that partially explains it.

The first couple of weeks there, at least half the guys were showering with shorts on. Although, I'd say at least half the members don't even shower, they just get their belongings after their workout & leave (ick). Have seen several guys so nervous & shy that they'll take the last urinal on the end & stand at a 45 degree angle to the wall, for fear of someone seeing their cock. Most go into the stalls & shut the door just to pee. Then there are the guys who practically fall over trying to get dressed while covering as much as possible with a beach towel. It's kinda hilarious.

Have yet to witness anything REMOTELY resembling cruising going on at this particular gym, though I'm pretty sure some of the patrons are gay. It's good for a laugh though. I'm FAR from being an Adonis, & I'm only averagely hung, but I guess I've reached the age where I just don't give a shit any more what other people think. I'm in there to work out & then get cleaned up... and I think it's kinda gross to wrap a clean towel around my sweaty body whilst heading to the shower... so I don't. I think the "nervous nellies" have far more serious issues than me walking to the shower with my shaved nuts exposed... but whatEVER!

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
That's funny, Slick. Can you imagine an online community where the subject of lockerroom nudity is discussed...

repressed: "I actually saw a naked man in the shower today. Ugh! The idiot!"
metrosex: "Ewwww. A caveman. Next time toss him a bearskin."
moderator: "Alright, guys. No flaming. The guy can't help it if his dad taught him to be a pervert."

I see the same behavior at my gym - and I can't help but chuckle at it.

When exactly did men stop acting like men and more like women?

Imagine drying off with the same towel that was so tightly wrapped around you while you sweat like a pig for 30 minutes sitting in the sauna? Just so nobody can see your goods?

SlickWilly said:
I recently joined a newly built gym to start getting back into shape. I gotta say, the locker room has provided me with no end of chuckles. For everything you see in the media about how wild & crazy California is, this area has proven to be the exception. It's a planned community, full of repressed, ULTRA-conservative types, so that partially explains it.

The first couple of weeks there, at least half the guys were showering with shorts on. Although, I'd say at least half the members don't even shower, they just get their belongings after their workout & leave (ick). Have seen several guys so nervous & shy that they'll take the last urinal on the end & stand at a 45 degree angle to the wall, for fear of someone seeing their cock. Most go into the stalls & shut the door just to pee. Then there are the guys who practically fall over trying to get dressed while covering as much as possible with a beach towel. It's kinda hilarious.

Have yet to witness anything REMOTELY resembling cruising going on at this particular gym, though I'm pretty sure some of the patrons are gay. It's good for a laugh though. I'm FAR from being an Adonis, & I'm only averagely hung, but I guess I've reached the age where I just don't give a shit any more what other people think. I'm in there to work out & then get cleaned up... and I think it's kinda gross to wrap a clean towel around my sweaty body whilst heading to the shower... so I don't. I think the "nervous nellies" have far more serious issues than me walking to the shower with my shaved nuts exposed... but whatEVER!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
KinkGuy said:
Making sure your crotch and pubes are completely dry before dressing reduces the incidence of jock itch in men who are prone to the affliction. Could that be the reason....not a fluffy groin? :D

My urologist told me to dry the groin area with a hair dryer adn then put on a fungal spary powder to prevent jock itch.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I too shave nude, at home; I don't shave at the gym. I have learned that some shaving jells/creams/foams burn if a glop falls of the razor while... some really burn bad.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I have NO problem with nudity in the locker room, per se, HOWEVER... At one of my gyms, there is a big screen TV, tuned into ESPN, and a great seating area in front of it, attempting to be reminiscent of a "club" atmosphere. My peave is that there is a group of guys, ranging from 60-80, that obviously are not there to work out, that aren't just watching sports nude, but are laying all over the vinyl couches, sweaty, for HOURS, and here's the peave, without a towel under them. So, left behind, is some nasty, sweaty, imprint of an asscrack (and in some cases... fat rolls), glistening on the vinyl, which, of course, they never wipe down either (and no, even if they were hot, I wouldn't find this attractive).

To give the full imagery, I call them the "Ghosts". It's bizarre that this group is just a bunch of caricatures. They all have in common that they are a translucent white, in color. Their bodies are either extremely thin (think, Mr. Burns, from the Simpsons), or HUGELY overweight (by at least 50lbs.). The oddest part though... they all seem to have jock itch (which is now smeared all over the couches), because they are constantly putting their hands down between their legs, as if they're trying to get their manhood in a comfortable position, but every single one of them has a penis that's smaller than my thumb! Then, to top it all off, they're LOUD and obnoxious.

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
novice_btm said:
I have NO problem with nudity in the locker room, per se, HOWEVER... At one of my gyms, there is a big screen TV, tuned into ESPN, and a great seating area in front of it, attempting to be reminiscent of a "club" atmosphere. My peave is that there is a group of guys, ranging from 60-80, that obviously are not there to work out, that aren't just watching sports nude, but are laying all over the vinyl couches, sweaty, for HOURS, and here's the peave, without a towel under them. So, left behind, is some nasty, sweaty, imprint of an asscrack (and in some cases... fat rolls), glistening on the vinyl, which, of course, they never wipe down either (and no, even if they were hot, I wouldn't find this attractive).

To give the full imagery, I call them the "Ghosts". It's bizarre that this group is just a bunch of caricatures. They all have in common that they are a translucent white, in color. Their bodies are either extremely thin (think, Mr. Burns, from the Simpsons), or HUGELY overweight (by at least 50lbs.). The oddest part though... they all seem to have jock itch (which is now smeared all over the couches), because they are constantly putting their hands down between their legs, as if they're trying to get their manhood in a comfortable position, but every single one of them has a penis that's smaller than my thumb! Then, to top it all off, they're LOUD and obnoxious.

:yuck:

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess I am different because I grew up playing sports and lockerrooms are part of the culture. It is a free atmosphere for me to be naked, talk to people, and shower while talking. It is nonsexual for me and I guess it is not for some pther dudes. I just feel free in there.
My pet peves are the pissing and the benches. I never sit naked without a towel. I will hang in the shower longer if I know a guy is near my locker with his 9 year old boy. I feel strange being naked & so close to kids. Maybe cause I am a teacher & coach.
Jake

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last year I was changing in a Y locker room and in came a bus load of little fellows about 3 feet tall without an adult accompanying them. I felt weird like I shouldn't have been there or nude or something though I couldn't really identify what I felt other than I wanted to get the hell out of there fast.
I think I may have felt differently had there been an adult along.

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

GEEEZZZZZZZZ... If you guys only knew how

exclusively U.S.A. American male this whole thread

is you would be embarassed to even post. I've been

around the world and ONLY IN THE STATES are men

soooooooo parinoid AND self concious and HOMOPHOBIC about their bodies.

Grow up gents. Everybody had basicly the same body. Go to Italy,

Amsterdam, Denmark, Spain and you would see how real men act!