lockerroom pet peeves

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
JackbytheSea said:
I'm not proud of the state my body is presently in, and I've definitely been in better shape. However, I'm far more ashamed to try slipping my undies off or on from beneath a towel. Jesus!

What are these guys afraid of - that I'm getting a .75 second glance at their nature, as I'm passing through? What've they got, the Holy Grail under there? There a treasure map tatooed down there? It's damned womanish, in my humble opinion, and if I saw any buddy of mine behaving that way, I'd be tempted to snatch their towel from them and beat them silly with it!

I think most guys find something emasculating about gay men checking them out, like the gay guy is seeing him as being feminine in some way. A gay buddy of mine told me it's actually quite the opposite - that gay dudes are more attracted to masculinity, than anything else. When I considered that, gay attention actually became sort of flattering - like a measuring stick for how hot I might be.

I almost miss it.

Anyway, you see somebody staring at your stuff in a gym and just being a real ass about it, you can always give them a good, hard, cold-blooded stare back. If your stare is anything like mine, I guaran-dam-tee you, the bastard won't bother you again.

I never thought I'd feel so strongly about this, but, we ought to bring back the gang shower (and shower, period), as part of the physical education programs in our schools. There's no better barometer for a healthy sense of fitness and development, than bathing/showering with a bunch of other naked human beings. Furthermore, it has been my experience that the more you're permitted to hide your body, the more likely it is that you will neglect and abuse it.

So, you feel a little less than Kryptonian naked - so what? So, we're a little uncomfortable without clothes? Maybe, we're unsure of exactly how well we're developed in comparison with others - again, so what? To indulge these things, especially in school, is just plain wrong - this idea that we can solve problems or deal with our fears by hiding ourselves from them.

We're breeding a nation of sissies here, and it's a little embarassing. :mad:

When I see guys doing this I feel like saying dude if your that uncomfortable changing around a bunch of guys maybe you should change out home instead of taking such pain staking measures to avoid being seen.I am waiting for one of these guys to loose their balance and fall right on their ass as the towel goes flying.

25JASON

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
MY FAVORITE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. I played basketball and there were several guys who would put a jock on overtop of their underwear so they wouldn't have to be naked. I found this to be very absurd. I used to make fun of them, but they did it anyway.

D

deleted15807

slayer04 said:
My pet peeve is when a guy at a locker room school or public wraps a towel around his waist before taking off his bathing suit and putting on underwear to his damp body....I just find that overly prudish.

Yep the younger guys at my gym are starting to do this. My thoughts are if you are that prudish/shy/whatever don't shower at the gym. Go home and do the deed!!

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You are correct ,of course, Big Dirigible about the sterile urine concept... my implication was to suggest that the presence of urine might suggest that nasal drippings and similar odious bodily effluents might comingle .... in an environment where people are so thoughtless as to piss.. blow their snout and drip from their sores in such public places! There can be a serious health problem from staph in such places.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
exwhysee said:
I have seen guys put their underwear on under their towel for years. It looks like they have a dress on. There is a point where you put too much energy into staying covered then it is worth.

Sorry guys, I have to disagree...

Sometimes, after a good swim, the water is damned cold, and we all know how bad shrinkage can be.,:tongue:
Not everyone is cool with being naked, I love being naked.. but I know many people who just dont' want it....
My big pet peeve in the locker room.. is wet towel ass slaps. Hurts like a bitch.:biggrin1:

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
LEt's not be ridiculous now Ian... Everyone knows even in the blistering cold, you are still a staggering 13 inches soft:rolleyes:
If that were the case I'd have to worry about putting out my own eye (I like to think I'd be smart enough to not do it a second time). Luckily, loosing an eye has never been one of my concerns.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
exwhysee said:
I have seen guys put their underwear on under their towel for years. It looks like they have a dress on. There is a point where you put too much energy into staying covered then it is worth.

Or when they practically break a leg dropping the towel and diving into their tighty whiteys. HI-larious.

JackbytheSea

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
jeff black said:
Sorry guys, I have to disagree...

Sometimes, after a good swim, the water is damned cold, and we all know how bad shrinkage can be.,:tongue:
Not everyone is cool with being naked, I love being naked.. but I know many people who just dont' want it....
My big pet peeve in the locker room.. is wet towel ass slaps. Hurts like a bitch.:biggrin1:

When I was coming up, you wrapped on a towel to get into your swim trunks, when you were outdoors or in mixed company - when there was ladies or little girls present. Even when I was an awkward teenager and quit swimming altogether, I'd see swimmers do the towel thing to avoid scaring some poor little girl or offending a female guest. When the ladies were out of eye-shot, there was no rush to hide yourself - you and your buddies peeled off your trunks, wrung them out good, toweled yourself off and changed up.

If I'm going to be honest here, I'll have to cop to not being entirely comfortable naked, even in a lockerroom - I'm a little doughy, these days :rolleyes: and usually change sitting down, with my back to others. As for the modesty thing, the idea that a lockerroom of grown men should be given the same consideration as a gaggle of little girls is ridiculous to me. I'm just not going to do it - shrinkage or no shrinkage.

And I've seen guys fall flat on their butts, trying to change under a towel - not just the average slob like me, but pretty-boy types with the six-pack and the whole schmeer. The more athletic guys come out worse doing this, because what's he got to hide; even if you're not looking in his direction, the first thing you think is that he's got a little dick. :smile:

I'd have to say I agree that changing under a towel draws more attention to your business, than dressing with everything in the open. All eyes go right to the towel.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
JackbytheSea said:
I'd have to say I agree that changing under a towel draws more attention to your business, than dressing with everything in the open. All eyes go right to the towel.
While minds go racing toward two questions. 1) Will it slip? 2) What is he hiding?

I think that hiding under a towel must drastically increase the chance that ones fingers will slip and the elastic strikes right were you don't want it striking.

Wave

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i'm with EastBay, Viking, and DMW--the locker room is for guys and being naked in it is totally appropriate. sheesh, can folks get any more prudish than to require dress rules while in a sam-sex locker room? :cool:

Media
If you go to a lockerroom you should expect to be changing, thats the point of one. The dozens of guys Ive seen naked they all had a dick just like me, pubic hair too. Im not tall but have an about a 4in dick soft. Ive seen bigger guys with smaller dicks and I have a friend my height 5'6" with a real thick dick.
I think its easier to just strip off naked walk to the shower or sauna etc and do what you want, I tried to enjoy myself at the gym or pool.

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Who else has, while standing and changing, had a sitting stranger strike up a conversation with them? I've had this happen a few times. What bugs me isn't that they're talking, it's that their talking to my cock. I'm never sure if it is because I'm 6'8" tall and they are sitting and there by just a coincidence, or id they expect my cock to answer them... :confused:

mazametain

Sexy Member
Media
A CEO friend went on a business trip to Sweden (from UK). He reported that they got him drunk and took him to a sauna (or the other way around). Apparently it was their way of making sure they saw the real man (figuratively). There's no way you can pretend to be something you aren't when you are stark naked and pissed! How many CEOs would pass that test I wonder (thinks Enron etc).

Maz

JackbytheSea

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think, if you're afraid of my oversized fuchwurst and fat, hairless ham-ass, you should stay home or go to the baby gym.

We can't just keep dumbing down and safety-sealing the world for people, who aren't ready to live in it. When are these folks going to take responsibility for their own attitudes?

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
JackbytheSea said:
We can't just keep dumbing down and safety-sealing the world for people, who aren't ready to live in it. When are these folks going to take responsibility for their own attitudes?
I think it's time to take the warning labels of lawnmowers and let nature take care of the rest.