London - Better Gym

MeatJoeBlack

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Hi guys. Recently signed up for a Better gym membership (better.org.uk) which includes access to all clubs in the UK. I'm hoping to explore the different London clubs, not just my nearest club, especially at the weekends. Does anyone have an opinion on the best ones in London? Also if anyone knows of any that are particularly cruisy or have open showers or men-only saunas/steam? Thanks.

MeatJoeBlack

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Any updates on which gyms you’ve visited and their shower situation?

Yeah, I managed to visit a few so far.

Hammersmith Fitness & Squash Centre
This one has three cubicle showers, and three open showers all in the same room. It also has a tiny sauna in the men's changing room. However, the type of guys that go here seem uncomfortable with nudity. I've been a couple of times and there's a lot of showering in the cubicles while wearing underwear etc.

Chelsea Sports Centre
This one has one or two shower cubicles, mostly open showers, and one disabled shower with a curtain, all in the same wet section just off the changing area. In fact you can see into the showers while you change. Quite a friendly place. One guy offered me an orange when I was naked, another couple of guys comfortably using the open showers in the nude.

Phoenix Sports Centre and Janet Adeoke Pool
The sports centre has shower cubicles, but the pool has a nice open shower room just for the boys. It was quiet when I went but one other bloke got it all out while I was there.

Oasis Sports Centre
Fully open showers in the pool changing rooms here. Loads of nudity. Also quite friendly - another guy started chatting to me. They also have a nice mixed sauna outside that looks over the outdoor pool.

I'm continuing my tour.

James David

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Great thanks for the update.

To save you wasting time with some others...

- Wimbledon Leisure Centre and spa has cubicle showers for the gym and 4 showers (2 next to each other facing another 2) with open fronts but sides in the swimming pool changing room. Been quiet whenever I’ve been.

- Clapham Leisure Centre has completely closed shower cubicles

- Streatham Ice and Leisure Centre has completelyclosed shower cubicles.

- Pancras Square Leisure has closed shower cubicles and a really weird locker set up where the lockers are not in the changing room yet your expected to leave your stuff laying around whilst you shower with your possessions out of sight.

- Finsbury Leisure Centre has an open shower room with 10 or so shower heads in a square. Only has fitness classes, squash courts and 5 a side football pitches. Time it right with football matches finishing and some guys may shower.

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

- Wimbledon Leisure Centre and spa has cubicle showers for the gym and 4 showers (2 next to each other facing another 2) with open fronts but sides in the swimming pool changing room. Been quiet whenever I’ve been.

- Pancras Square Leisure has closed shower cubicles and a really weird locker set up where the lockers are not in the changing room yet your expected to leave your stuff laying around whilst you shower with your possessions out of sight.

- Finsbury Leisure Centre has an open shower room with 10 or so shower heads in a square. Only has fitness classes, squash courts and 5 a side football pitches. Time it right with football matches finishing and some guys may shower.

loving the detail! Nice work

gymboy89

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hi guys. Recently signed up for a Better gym membership (better.org.uk) which includes access to all clubs in the UK. I'm hoping to explore the different London clubs, not just my nearest club, especially at the weekends. Does anyone have an opinion on the best ones in London? Also if anyone knows of any that are particularly cruisy or have open showers or men-only saunas/steam? Thanks.

To add to this:

Brixton Leisure Centre has standard communal showers in the pool changing rooms. Basically a square with a load of shower heads just off the main changing area

MeatJoeBlack

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Yeah. I went to Vauxhall Leisure Centre. Assumed that one would be quite cruisy because, you know, Vauxhall. But it wasn't. Good facilities, and it was a stone's throw from Fire Club / MadMen so as I was walking into the gym there were loads of party gays wandering around off their nut which was kind of funny people-watching. Anyway, the changing room situation was pretty crap - just two fully enclosed shower cubicles. Wet area was mixed gender with cubicles as well.

I've been going Hammersmith mostly, and Oasis when I have spare time. The open showers in the latter are really nice and the last time I went me and some guy were stroking each others dicks while showering. He was pretty thick and uncut.

At Hammersmith I realised that although there are 3 shower heads in the open section, one is cold so if you get anyone showering with you, they end up right next to you which is nice. Especially if all the cubicles are empty and someone chooses to shower naked with you, pretty much in your personal space. One time there was one guy in a cubicle with the door closed who was chatting loudly to one naked guy in the open showers. I went and took my place in the open showers next to the naked guy. He kept on chatting to the guy in the cubicle but as he and I got comfortable we ended up stood facing each other taking time soaping up our dicks. Afterwards in the locker room he moved his stuff to come and dry off next to me. He stood around naked for a bit. I was wearing a towel but I opened my legs in his direction so he could see my big semi pointing his way. :)

I'd like to try out Lillie Road Leisure Centre since it's fairly close bit it's currently being refurbed. Might give Clapham Leisure Centre a go.

MeatJoeBlack

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
To add to this:

Brixton Leisure Centre has standard communal showers in the pool changing rooms. Basically a square with a load of shower heads just off the main changing area

Went there today. Used the open showers. They also have family showers (cubicles) which seemed to be the preferred option. Main pool was closed for maintenance so the place was dead. There was one attractive young guy stood naked drying himself off for a long time. Seemed quite keen to show off his butt, but a bit too shy to do anything else. Used the sauna and steam as well which was men-only at the time. I went in with a towel but everyone seemed to be in full compliance with the swimwear rule (yawn). Probably worth another trip when the pool is open.

Attachments

MeatJoeBlack

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Here's what I know so far...

Zone 1
* Cally Pool & Gym - Need information
* Chelsea Sports Centre - This one has one or two shower cubicles, mostly open showers, and one disabled shower with a curtain, all in the same shower section just off the changing area. In fact, you can see into the showers while you change.
* Ironmonger Row Baths - Open and Private showers in the pool area. People also talk about using the spa with just a towel and rinsing off naked in the showers outside the spa facilities. Swimwear is required but apparently not always enforced/checked.
* Oasis Sports Centre - The most famous one! Fully open showers in the pool changing rooms here. Quite cruisey. Loads of nudity. They also have a nice mixed sauna outside that looks over the outdoor pool but it's fully mixed/exposed/swimwear.
* Pancras Square Leisure - Private showers

Zone 1/2
* Britannia Leisure Centre - Need information
* Vauxhall Leisure Centre - Private showers

Zone 2
* Better Gym East Village, Stratford - Five open showers heads and one cubicle. Apparently well used.
* Better Gym Holloway - A very small communal shower area. If full, it would be almost cheek-to-cheek.
* Brixton Recreation Centre - In the pool changing area they have private family showers but there's also a fully open shower room with about 6-8 shower heads in a square. Unfortunately it was full of flies when I went. Quite disgusting. You can choose a locker/bench that looks right into the open showers and enjoy the view while you change if anyone else dares use it. They also have men-only health suite days/times (steam/sauna) but swimwear required and no one flouting the rules when I went.
* Clapham Leisure Centre - Private showers
* Clisshold Leisure Centre - Need information
* Copper Box Arena - Need information
* Hammersmith Fitness & Squash Centre - Men's changing room has a tiny men-only sauna, and the men's shower room has a row of cubicles as well as a wall of open showers. One of the the open shower heads is cold for people coming out of the sauna. There are only two other open shower heads and they are next to each other.
* Flaxman Sports Centre - Open showers
* Herne Hill Lifestyle Centre - Need information
* Highbury Leisure Centre - Need information
* Islington Tennis Centre & Gym - Open showers and a sauna
* John Orwell Sports Centre - Need information
* Kensington Leisure Centre - 5 open showers, plus probably 5 cubicles on the other side of the room. That was on the dry side. Not sure about the wet side as it was closed for refurb.
* Kentish Town Sports Centre - Open showers in the pool changing room.
* King's Hall Leisure Centre - Open showers (reportedly)
* Lillie Road Fitness Centre - Undergoing refurb
* London Fields Lido - Private showers
* Mile End Park Leisure Centre & Stadium - Need information
* Phoenix Fitness Centre and Janet Adegoke Swimming Pool - The sports centre has shower cubicles, but the pool has a nice open shower room just for the lads. It a small square room with about 4 shower heads.
* Poplar Baths Leisure Centre & Gym - Mix of open and private showers in the wet men's change (pool).
* Queensbridge Sports & Community Centre - Need information
* Sobell Leisure Centre - About 4-6 open showers with one additional cubicle shower in men's changing area. Towel hooks on the way in. Gets quite busy in the evenings when 5-a-side footballers are in the changing room.
* St George's Leisure Centre - Open showers, well used in the evenings
* Swiss Cottage Leisure Centre - Open showers in the pool changing area. Open and private showers upstairs in the gym changing room.
* Tiller Leisure Centre - Need information
* Whitechapel Sports Centre - Need information, lists gender segregated saunas
* York Hall Leisure Centre - Some open showers.

Zone 2/3
* Archway Leisure Centre - Open showers in the pool area. Nice big room -- good setup. They also have Men only steam/sauna sessions on Monday and Wednesday.
* London Aquatics Centre - Private showers

Zone 3
* Charlton Lido & Lifestyle Club - Need information
* Gunnersbury Park Sports Hub - Opening soon, need information
* Hendon Leisure Centre - Need information
* Leyton Leisure Centre - Open showers (reportedly)
* Streatham Ice & Leisure Centre - Private showers
* The Greenwich Centre - Need information
* Walthamstow Leisure Centre - Need information
* West Norwood Health & Leisure Centre - Need information

Zone 3/4
* Barnet Copthall Leisure Centre - Need information
* Crystal Palace National Sports Centre | Better - Need information, possibly private showers
* Leytonstone Leisure Centre - Mix of open and cubicles in the men's changing room (dry area). However, no lockers in this area.

Outside TfL Zones 1-3
* Barking Sporthouse & Gym - No information

* Barnet Burnt Oak Leisure Centre - No information
* Better Gym Bexley - No information
* Better Gym Bexleyheath - No information
* Better Gym Harrow - No information
* Better Gym Mitcham - No information
* Better Gym Pinner - No information
* Better Gym Romford - No information
* Better Gym Sidcup - No information
* Better Gym Teddington - No information
* Better Gym Walthamstow Stadium - No information
* Better Gym Woowich - No information
* Botwell Green Sports & Leisure Centre - No information
* Canons Leisure Centre - No information
* Chingford Leisure Centre - No information
* Coldharbour Leisure Centre - No information
* Finchley Lido Leisure Centre - No information
* Gurnell Leisure Centre - No information
* Highgrove Pool & Fitness Centre - The dry change has open and cubicle showers with sauna and steam
Morden Leisure Centre - No information
New Addington Leisure & Community Centre - No information
New Barnet Leisure Centre - No information
Purley Leisure Centre - No information
Queensmead Sports Centre - No information
South Norwood Leisure Centre - Open showers
Sutton Sports Village - No information
Thamesmere Leisure Centre - No information
The Eltham Centre - No information
The Plumstead Centre - No information
* Thornton Heath Leisure Centre - No information
* Waddon Leisure Centre - No information
* Waltham Forest Feel Good Centre - Open showers
* Waterfront Leisure Centre - No information
* Wembley Leisure Centre - No information
* Wimbledon Leisure Centre & Spa - Private showers for the gym. In the wet changing area (pool) they have 4 showers with sides but open fronts (two pairs facing each other).

No Gym
* Academy Performing Arts
* Ashburton Hall & Park
* Croyden Parks & Pitches
* Croyden Sports Area
* Drapers Field
* Feel Good Too Sport Centre, Leyton
* Ferndal Community Sports Centre
* Finsbury Leisure Centre - Open shower room with approximately 10 shower heads in a square. Only has fitness classes, squash courts, and 5 a side football pitches. Time it right with football matches finishing and some guys may shower.
* Gainsborough Playing Fields
* Hackney Marshes Centre
* Highbury Fields Courts & Pitches
* Holloway School
* Lambeth Parks Sports Facilities
* Mabley Green
* Market Road Football Pitches
* Monks Hill Sports Centre
* Paradise Park Football Pitch
* Peter May Sports Centre
* Ridgeway Park Tennis Hub
* Rosemary Gardens Football Pitch and Tennis Courts
* Sutcliffe Park Sports Centre
* Talacre Community Sports Centre
* Thomas Tallis School
* Tufnell Park Playing Fields
* West Reservoir Centre
* Whittington Park Football Pitch
* William Tyndale School Football Pitch
* Wray Crescent Cricket Pitch

MeatJoeBlack

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Went back to Kensington Leisure Centre. Used the men's changing rooms on the wet side this time. It's made up of two private cubicles and two open showers.
When I was there, there was one slightly older guy using one of the two open showers but wearing his swim trunks. I went in naked. Second shower head is actually really close to the first. After I'd been showering for a few minutes my neighbour stripped off his trunks; I like to think he was following my lead. He showered for quite a while with quite a bit of attention on his cock and balls. That got me excited and I ended up stood there almost fully hard. Kind of awkward because there wasn't really anywhere to hide. Anyway, the guy didn't seem to take any notice (unfortunately). There was also a very handsome Spanish daddy in the changing room who was naked for a bit.
Nice view today if nothing else.