London getting 2012 Olympics

avgbritguy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi all,

Great news for my capital city, not just of the U.K. but of England - my home country. It will be a fantastic games in the best city in the World. You agree or disagree?
Any of you going to visit or attend the Games? You have 7 years to start saving :)
Are any of you even interested in the Olympics? What do you think about sport?

N.B. Sad news today though. The downside of the great joy the U.K. felt & was enjoying yesterday. A series of bomb explosions has occurred in London causing fatalities & many injuries. To coincide with the Olympic win & U.K. hosting the G8 summit which starts today I think. Please spare a thought/say a prayer for all these people.
What do you all think of the bastards that caused this terror? How should we deal/react with these faceless cowards? I know what I'd like to do & our governments to do.

Thanks, Avg

major_7

1st Like
Media
Glad for the Olympics, but sad and pissed off about the bombings.

We have enjoyed London and the rest of the country on numerous occasions, and hope that they catch the bastards. Do y'all have the death penalty?

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm just glad I don't pay taxes. y'all realize how much of YOUR money the government is now gonna waste on this lame-ass status symbol, right? as if they don't steal and squander enough of it already. enjoy your bread and circuses while they last though, folks.

Originally posted by bbc.co.uk@Jul 7 2005
All London Underground services have been suspended indefinitely and bus services in central London (Zone One) have been halted.
[post=327283]Quoted post[/post]​
... anyway, at least it seems everything is proceeding as normal in london, regardless of the bombing ;)