London Meet UP

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Why doesnt all those interested in going PM the organiser to get details?
That way it is neater and easier for everyone to know what is going on.

I would go if i wasnt in Pompy those days.

hotguy74

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry, I could not make it as something turned up. I think we need to exchaneg mobile numbers next time this happens...

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Um... I just went there at 6pm and the pub is practically deserted... Can't see a group of people... Did this not happen?

I was there - on my own. Very pissed off. :mad: I was there from about 5:15 until 6:30 and, apart from a couple of regulars, a group of four girls and a three couples who came and went during that time, no-one turned up. Typical UK hot air about these things, lots of promises on message boards but never following up. Instead of wasting an afternoon commuting into London again I could have been in Birmingham. Don't think that I'll bother believing anyone on here again.

BigDonkey125

Experimental Member
Media
got to the pub around 6....didnt see many people inside at all....didnt think it would be prudent to stick around...somewhat dissappointed i wasted part of my day

red_

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is a possibility that most people who said they would turn up did turn up but didn't realise who the others were! What is needed is a LPSG logo design that people can print to make a descreet badge to wear on these occasions.

On a swinging site I used to frequent a few years back, they would have these 'socials' as they called them, but there would be an organiser and their mobile number would be forwarded to those 'on the list'.

Now going by recent reports in the UK press, if this meet-up had been organised on Facebook, you could of expected the pub to have been packed to bursting point with well endowed members and the riot squad needing to attend...

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
There is a possibility that most people who said they would turn up did turn up but didn't realise who the others were! What is needed is a LPSG logo design that people can print to make a descreet badge to wear on these occasions.

I doubt it - there was never more than about ten people in there at any one time and, apart from a couple of regulars at the bar, it was all couples or groups of girls.

Your point about ID is a good one, though, although something discreet would definitely be preferable.

red_

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well I was being genorous in assuming more turned up.

It's worth mentioning from my past expereince, 'socials' where no one has met anyone before, especialy during this time of the year, there are plenty of no shows. Also when you do meet, it can happen you find the only thing you have in common is an online presence.

And let's face it, central London on a saturday evening in Februray can be a bit of a lonely place IMHO.

tomthelad91

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
What the fuck did you all expect really.
The main reason people are on is site is so they can be sexually confident behind the veil of internet anonymity, and have no intention of ever letting this mix with real life.
yeah, cuz you were really gonna sit around with a pint of strongbow and chat about your big knobs in a pub, for sure.
I'm seriously lolling.
Try Skype in future :')

Londonfields

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
i have to plead guilty as a no-show. i was intending to come back from oxford on time but in the end didn't get back to London till late. but to be honest, i didn't think meeting in a half-empty pub in the middle of the afternoon was much of an idea to start with. as tomthelad said, the idea of just standing around with a pint of something and talking about cocks was hard to visualise. it should have been in a sauna, and mid-week, and in the evening, not 4pm. that way we could get to see what we all wanted to see...

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
i didn't think meeting in a half-empty pub in the middle of the afternoon was much of an idea to start with.

I know what you mean - but it's better idea having a few beers and finding out about new people than meeting at some dubious rendezvous, like had some had suggested. No way would I be up for that! There are some right weirdos about. :biggrin1: