London Riots Burn: Baby Burn!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_crackoff, Aug 8, 2011.

1. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

The background of this is: Crack dealer shot dead - by the police - sparks protest - that leads to localised riot - that spreads to all London as kids of all colours decide it's fun to loot.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/more-violence-in-london-and-now-birmingham-43346
    http://www.wimbledonguardian.co.uk/...ots_spread_to_Colliers_Wood_shopping_centres/

The twitter feed has been surprisingly amusing.

Twitter

I don't want to say that I predicted riots this summer BUT I DID:tongue:.

Of course, this is headless, aimless, pathetic kids using Twitter, Facebook, & their Blackberrys, but still.

The police response of not cracking heads, & only protecting their own stations http://www.london24.com/news/crime/update_riot_police_in_ilford_as_town_centre_locked_down_1_988229
    has been pathetic. I've been in 2 areas already tonight, & I've never seen a more gutless bunch of coppers, & more greedy looters.

Most of these little shits will be scuttling off to mommy's & their safe warm, made up bed tonight.

I wonder if Gaddaffi will recognise the rioters as the legitimate Govt of the UK soon. I'll be on the lookout for bargains off Ebay tomorrow!:rolleyes: There's no need to pay child benefit in London anymore - the kids can support themselves!

Here's a good video of a pissed off black woman having a go at the rioters!
    Matthew Moore - Truly extraordinary speech by fearless West Indian woman in face of #Hackney rioters. Pls watch - Twitvid

As I speak, the facebook messages I got about Woolwich & Romford already seem to be kicking off too. Where are their lousy parents eh?

#1 B_crackoff, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. D_Fred Flintstones

D_Fred Flintstones New Member

This is really pissing me off i live in croydon and its rele sad to watch the police arent doing shit and its just getting out of hand

3. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Where's Anders Breivik when you need him! Lol.

It's a free for all in Clapham & Woolwich now. It'll spread to the rest of the country tomorrow.

Edit: what I don't understand is; their will be 20,000 armed police in London for the Olympics - yet they can't even be arsed to fire CS gas at looters! Does not compute.

The rioters are getting bolder now - I wonder if somehow, this is not just inept policing, but maybe a police protest against cuts?

West Ham, Charlton, & possibly the England International match have been postponed - it's a joke!

#3 B_crackoff, Aug 8, 2011
  4. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I kinda wish people would start rioting in the streets of America- or at the very least trashing the offices of big Wall Street firms. It's about time the peasants march on Washington/NYC with their proverbial pitchforks in hand

5. D_Tess_Tease

D_Tess_Tease Account Disabled

just shoot the fuckers and improve the gene pool!!!

6. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I saw a policeman appealing for passers by to please stop watching and go home out of the way. I guess they meant you?

(When I say policeman I think he was the acting commissioner of police. For the benefit of those who are unaware, the previous commissioner resigned over bribery allegations re Rupert Murdoch's News of the World, as did a deputy commissioner. I am not clear how many deputies they might have.) Odd sort of riot when people come to watch, but I guess thats the benefit of modern media.

7. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

8. MickeyLee

Gold Member

all the best zombie apocalypses start with riots....

#8 MickeyLee, Aug 8, 2011
  9. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

You cheeky shit!:biggrin1:

It was literally unavoidable for me tonight as I had to pass through adjacent areas - just as they were kicking off. I saw police shitting themselves as 200 kids battered down some shops - I saw them about 400 metres away - doing nothing. The only time (so I've heard from Hackney) that police went anywhere near the rioters was when the numbers went down, or when the rioter attacked & charged them!

You forget - I got caught up in a legal student protest that was illegally kettled. They charged with horses at unarmed non violent people, but today seem scared of people who might throw rocks & stones. They were even better equipped back then than they are now!

It seems the police don't like it up 'em at all. Civil disorder is one thing, looting is another. If you notice from my links, the only thing the cops were protecting in Ilford was the police station! What use is that?:smile:

Furthermore, it seems that the police enjoy not letting people go at times, & plead with them to go at other times. Fuck them for that. They'd go home if they showed some balls & used some teargas.

Instead of listening to the cops, shop owners in Hackney & Dalston (mainly Turks) have been brandishing baseball bats at anyone who comes near their stores because they can't rely on the police to protect them.

Good for them - if your property is damaged, stolen, or destroyed in a riot - your insurance won't pay out!

They've charged just 36 people so far. Pathetic. What a joke! I went back out & saw the glow from Croydon, which is miles from me, simply to stock up on the essentials -beer, whiskey & coke.:smile:

#9 B_crackoff, Aug 8, 2011
  10. tbrguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A thousand coppers jobs from the Met lost this year (unfilled vacancies) and another 2000 after the Olympics next summer, of course they're sending a message to "call me Dave".

There were plenty around to keep the peace in Tottenham on Saturday afternoon for the football match, only hours before the rioting kicked off within a few hundred meters.

Apparently the kids are co-ordinating their looting forays using Blackberries; they may be "disaffected youth", as the media brand them, but at least they know that RIM email is secure... possibly.

11. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interactive map of London riots.

Breaking out all over. Hard to see how police can cope.

12. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ken livingstone was just on the telly saying he hired 7000 extra when he was mayor, so you would think there must still be a few somewhere. I wonder what the bill is if a policeman gets seriously injured in a riot? might be cheaper in the long run to let a building burn than have a policeman injured.

Oh I cant believe that! if you need directions to a riot, google will provide you with a map. Hope they sent links to the police so they can find them.

I see they have been having a go in middle class ealing. Guess those police have been cracking down too much on the guys smoking pot in the streets otherwise they would be too laid back for such games.

#12 dandelion, Aug 8, 2011
  13. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    :yup:

14. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

:smile:Well that map shows how hard it is - if you pussy around and don't use tear gas.

What people outside London need to understand is that this is happening ALL OVER LONDON.

Here's just a minor incident from Romford taken by people overlooking Debenhams. Notice they mention the police standing back. All of these kids are local, & screwing up their own town.

‪Romford Riots‬‏ - YouTube

And Woolwich
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4pcbiO4flY

Run away, run away quickly. Funnily enough, the rioting stopped when it rained!!!!

What good is that when your house or flat has been set on fire?

Are you legally allowed to go & sort out the rioters yourself?

Doing nothing just makes it worse - the only people who are quids in are Autoglass & shop glaziers!:smile:

RE MICKEYLEE - you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between zombies & most of these kids at anytime:wink:

#14 B_crackoff, Aug 8, 2011
  15. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seems you don't even need a map. Just head for your local shops!

16. tbrguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Interesting map, I just watched Newsnight and they didn't mention a quarter of that lot.

17. Incocknito

Gold Member

People all over the country are worried about riots now. I'm not worried, there's nothing worth looting where I live. But there is a large chav contingent.

The situation is getting silly now, hopefully it just stays around London though. London is a silly place after all. It would be one thing if they were rioting (protesting?) about something legitimate (like the house prices down there, wtf!) but it's just senseless violence and looting.

The damage will be pretty substantial, they're only hurting themselves in the long run as their community will just end up looking like a war zone.

18. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yes,yes, and I suppose if you dont find a riot yet just get a few mates together.

I dont quite see what is going on. Do people really think its fun to burn down a few shops? I think they must already have done more damage than all the recent terrorist activity. Perhaps that suggests the government has been addressing the wrong problems?

Oh, did I say? I'm not sure which Tescos's google reckons has had its windows smashed in Ealing, but the high street really did have a bomb blow up one of the shops there. In the good old days when we had proper Irish terrorists rather than those foreign ones. And there was a local nutter into DIY bombing. Its a nice area. (like, really is) But...last time I was there did seem to be rather more boarded up shops.

#18 dandelion, Aug 8, 2011
  19. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have friends in Hackney. They are barricaded in. Nothing worth looting in Hackney either, or so they say. Doesn't mean they won't. I pray for London.

Oh, and on CNN they claim there have been numerous unexplained deaths in police custody. No sympathy for your bobbies after that.

#19 helgaleena, Aug 8, 2011
  20. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Hackney has some very nice expensive places. It also has a betting shop, which for some reason has been a number one target (lack of decent shutters) everywhere, electrical good shops, mobile phone shops, alcohol shops,baby clothes shops...

It's definitely gonna spread to the rest of the UK because people will think that they'll get away with it. I guarantee it.

#20 B_crackoff, Aug 8, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted