London Riots Burn: Baby Burn!

B_troyboy123

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
the riots moving to birmingham and liverpool, sending a sign to government , maybe there will realise people in our country aren't happy. i going to be doing a youtube video on thoughts about these events , when do will post it here if you guys want to see it

MrTrunk

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nothing to do with happy or unhappy. Mob mentality........just a bunch of pricks looking to steal stuff.
Cut their hands off is what my grandmother would say haha.

S

superbot

Michael Heseltine said recently that the best thing he had ever done was get up in front of the conservative party conference and make a speech saying the people living in the areas where ther had been riots needed help. He said he was terrified. And they cheered him.(at the conference, that is)
"...people living in these area's" What do you imagine Croydon to be exactly,the suburbs of Haiti ?? Croydon,(for example)is largely a middle to lower middle class area.These scum bag youths are almost certainly the product of disfunctional,under achieving,welfare dependant backgrounds who clearly see themselves as victims and for whom the world owes them a living.Their existence is barely worth a second thought!! Shitting on their own community sums them up!!

Last edited by a moderator:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I'm a Londoner born and bred, from Lambeth (one of the epicentres of these riots) my Grandad and his family are all from the Borough and Southwark, proper Cockneys all of them. Me and my ancestors are working class through and through.

We lived in Brixton (just off the Brixton road) and I wasn't even 2 years old when the Brixton Riots happened. Then as now the streets were full of violence, cars and buildings were burnt down and looting and chaos took place. The violence and unrest spread all over the country then too.

I was 6 when the Broadwater Farm riots happened in Tottenham a few years later.

People were out on the streets then for all the reasons they're out on the streets now.

As it goes London has always had riots. For centuries (in fact in almost every century of its history) Londoners have expressed their rage on their own streets at a system which excludes them, which forces poverty and disadvantage and social or racial prejudice on them. They've looted and burned and attacked the authorities on occasions too numerous to list, and almost always for the same reasons.

London is burning now for the same reasons it has always burned, because there are large numbers of urban poor people who currently have no hope of a job or a secure future, because the British establishment ignores and sidelines them and then wonders why these people feel no especial connection with a society which deliberately has no place in it for them. The British state is dominated by public school boys, Oxbridge graduates, aristos and royals (FFS!), it has no place in it and no understanding of anyone or anything which does not support, fit into, or conform to this oppressive social hierarchy.

It used to be that Britain's poorest people were white, back before Afro-Caribbean migration from Britain's former colonies replaced the urban white poor with an often even poorer urban black poor. Throw in decades of various forms of institutional and social racial prejudice into the mix and London's rioters have new reasons for their rage and a slightly different appearance, but they're really not any different from their historical predecessors.

If you are born poor in Britain you will die poor, if you are born into wealth you will die wealthy. Whenever you have a society which so effectively enforces socio-economic stratification as effectively as Britain does you will have social conflict. You will see mindless violence on the streets, you will see people looting and burning and tearing the fabric of their already fairly flimsy communities apart. In Britain this invariably tends to happen in conjunction with periods of economic collapse and/or under the leadership of (small c) conservative governments. This is because few other western European countries allow their poorest people to suffer quite so acutely as Britain does when times are bad and Britain's conservative elites (exemplified currently by the Cameron Etonites and their flunkies) have nothing but absolute contempt and disgust for the urban poor.

Young under-class people in London confronted with a society which treats them with contempt and like vermin often even in the best of times feel no connection to and no sentimentality about the scruples of that society. And one has to ask, why should they?

Are wanton acts of violence and destruction and criminality going to improve these young people's lives? No, but then no one was really trying to improve their lives in any case, and no one much cared what happened to them before now, and since there was never much they could do about that many of these young people just feel like they may as well take the opportunity to go and rob an electrical store or Tesco and burn up a car or two.

But like I say, Londoners have always rioted and so long as the system they live under forces an iniquitous social system on them they probably always will.

All this shock, and horror and outrage I see everywhere atm is fatuous and risible. It's not like any of this is really a surprise, it's not like Britain isn't used to having to face the rage of its under-classes every now and then, it accepts it as the price of continuing to operate the system which keeps the well off well off and the poor the poor, the powerful in power and the powerless left to express impotent rage and self destructive criminality which ultimately harms no one more than themselves.

Last edited:

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What do you imagine Croydon to be exactly,the suburbs of Haiti ?? Croydon,(for example)is largely a middle to lower middle class area.These scum bag youths are almost certainly the product of disfunctional,under achieving,welfare dependant backgrounds who clearly see themselves as victims and for whom the world owes them a living.

Well I used to live in Ealing, and as I have already posted, it is a considerably mixed community. Plenty of leafy streets and mainly white rich people, but major poor areas too with a lot more colour. So no surprise on that basis that if there were to be riots, it has great potential for class conflict.

Poverty is also stratified. There is an asian shopkeeper on the radio at this minute saying that he lives in a black area so there they target asians (and his shop was gutted). I am not quite sure what that means, generally asians are pretty indistrious and go in for shopkeeping, so are likely a rung up on their customers. This isnt a colour issue but a who is at the bottom of the poverty ladder issue.

Vince Cable just said the riots here are nothing like those in Greece. Something to look forward to then. Met police have been cancelling football matches to free up men and intend to have 16,000 on duty tonight instead of 6,000 last night. Gosh. Dont we have a lot of police?

Last edited:

B_nyvin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
so i'm kinda confused...are the riots "over" or are they still around? I'm getting conflicting messages

blokenwales

Experimental Member
Media
Severen Tsentralen Planning Region, Bulgaria
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so i'm kinda confused...are the riots "over" or are they still around? I'm getting conflicting messages

They've stopped during the day but who know what will happen later... Yesterday they started around 5pm I think - it's after 3pm here now

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Lordy - Boris is going through Croydon with a green broom to cheers! It's good to see so many volunteers - if only they'd deputise those of us willing to assist in the matter of dealing with rioters.

Jokingly said to me mate, I hope this crap does not spread to Nottingham (Hyson Green area).... bugger has, in the neighbouring St Anns area

Er, no surprise there! St Anns is known for its gangs.:wink:

333 people have died in police custody since 1998, and no police have been convicted of anything in connection with these deaths.

More people have been killed via police vehicle incidents!

There have been at least 180 million crimes since then, & well over 12 million taken into custody. The chance of dying in police custody is therefore 1/40,000. You are twice more likely to die in an asteroid collision FUNNY2 - The Odds #2

Oddly enough, if you've ever witnessed some people being arrested, many have mental health, drink, drunk, or violence issues. Rage, restraint & seizures are often unpreventable

The area where this began has twice the average unemployment and one of the highest levels of child poverty in London. The richest 10% in Britain, presumably well represented in London, are 100x better off than the poorest, presumably well represented in these areas.

Child poverty my arse. They get £80 for the first child, & £64 for each other, plus free rent, school dinners, housing, council tax etc. They also get another £30 for staying on at school. These amounts are the highest ever, & probably the best in the world when colossal rents of £400.wk are included. If you added in the amounts that they currently get from thieving & dealing drugs...

Yes, well this is a circular argument. The police argument as to why more black people get stopped and searched is that more crime is committed by black people, though only in proportion to how many there are in the community. Which translates as black people tend to be poorer than white so more of them tend to be in the group committing crime than in the general population. Which is no more than saying the crime is being committed by the poor. Thats a surprise.

There is nothing stopping black people from doing as well as each & every other immigrant. In fact SO MUCH money has been poured into ethnic resources, that white kids on free school meals do far WORSE than any other group! So much for Marxian views on race.

Trawl down to the updates- Essay: Ethnicity and Educational Achievement

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media

Here's the thing - this is not a social uprising, this is kids in gangs organizing via BBM to thieve on a bigger scale. Most of them will already be criminals, with a few others joining in for a laugh.

Last night the wee kiddies all got tired & had to go home to bed, where the shitty momma's had laid out a nice warm duvet.

It's the school holidays, so no one will be up before 12, they will have counted their loot, & assessed the opportunity for more.

For some reason, they didn't put enough police on the streets last night; tonight that will have trebled. Nor did the police use baton rounds or tear gas. That would have sent the liberals spinning. After last night, even the liberals are demanding tear gas & rubber bullets. (Door, Horse, Bolted!):wink:

I would guess that there will be a few skirmishes, but nothing on the same level (looting wise), except possibly outside of London.

The fall out of this will be increased racial tension, & certainly anti hoodie behaviour. What the majority always thought of hoodie wearers, & were chastised for, came true last night.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I kinda wish people would start rioting in the streets of America- or at the very least trashing the offices of big Wall Street firms. It's about time the peasants march on Washington/NYC with their proverbial pitchforks in hand

what is wrong with wall steet? you can buy and sell stocks too!!!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Comment I have just seen on FB, which made me LOL

When I saw all the scum rioting on Tottenham high street I knew I had to find somewhere safe to hide where they wouldn't go........................​......I hid in the job centre :biggrin1:

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a Londoner born and bred, from Lambeth (one of the epicentres of these riots) my Grandad and his family are all from the Borough and Southwark, proper Cockneys all of them. Me and my ancestors are working class through and through.

We lived in Brixton (just off the Brixton road) and I wasn't even 2 years old when the Brixton Riots happened. Then as now the streets were full of violence, cars and buildings were burnt down and looting and chaos took place. The violence and unrest spread all over the country then too.

People were out on the streets then for all the reasons they're out on the streets now.

As it goes London has always had riots. For centuries (in fact in almost every century of its history) Londoners have expressed their rage on their own streets at a system which excludes them, which forces poverty and disadvantage and social or racial prejudice on them. They've looted and burned and attacked the authorities on occasions too numerous to list, and almost always for the same reasons.

London is burning now for the same reasons it has always burned, because there are large numbers of urban poor people who currently have no hope of a job or a secure future, because the British establishment ignores and sidelines them and then wonders why these people feel no especial connection with a society which deliberately has no place in it for them. The British state is dominated by public school boys, Oxbridge graduates, aristos and royals (FFS!), it has no place in it and no understanding of anyone or anything which does not support, fit into, or conform to this oppressive social hierarchy.

It used to be that Britain's poorest people were white, back before Afro-Caribbean migration from Britain's former colonies replaced the urban white poor with an often even poorer urban black poor. Throw in decades of various forms of institutional and social racial prejudice into the mix and London's rioters have new reasons for their rage and a slightly different appearance, but they're really not any different from their historical predecessors.

If you are born poor in Britain you will die poor, if you are born into wealth you will die wealthy. Whenever you have a society which so effectively enforces socio-economic stratification as effectively as Britain does you will have social conflict. You will see mindless violence on the streets, you will see people looting and burning and tearing the fabric of their already fairly flimsy communities apart. In Britain this invariably tends to happen in conjunction with periods of economic collapse and/or under the leadership of (small c) conservative governments. This is because few other western European countries allow their poorest people to suffer quite so acutely as Britain does when times are bad and Britain's conservative elites (exemplified currently by the Cameron Etonites and their flunkies) have nothing but absolute contempt and disgust for the urban poor.

Young under-class people in London confronted with a society which treats them with contempt and like vermin often even in the best of times feel no connection to and no sentimentality about the scruples of that society. And one has to ask, why should they?

Are wanton acts of violence and destruction and criminality going to improve these young people's lives? No, but then no one was really trying to improve their lives in any case, and no one much cared what happened to them before now, and since there was never much they could do about that many of these young people just feel like they may as well take the opportunity to go and rob an electrical store or Tesco and burn up a car or two.

But like I say, Londoners have always rioted and so long as the system they live under forces an iniquitous social system on them they probably always will.

All this shock, and horror and outrage I see everywhere atm is fatuous and risible. It's not like any of this is really a surprise, it's not like Britain isn't used to having to face the rage of its under-classes every now and then, it accepts it as the price of continuing to operate the system which keeps the well off well off and the poor the poor, the powerful in power and powerless left to express impotent rage and self destructive criminality which ultimately harms no one more than themselves.

I cannot praise this post enough.

Seriously, everyone read and digest it, because it is 100% truth.

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I cannot praise this post enough.

Seriously, everyone read and digest it, because it is 100% truth.

It's 100% opinion, 50% bollocks:smile:. I've just driven through Ilford, where poor Asians are carrying bats outside their families shops to protect them against people who have never worked, & most likely whose parents have never either.

WHAT RIOTS HAVE THERE BEEN IN THE UK other than ones where race has been at least a factor, in the past century?

Ask people actually working on minimum wage what they think of the rioters. They think they're scum,are extremely angry, & want them punished. No one thinks there is any basis for the riots, except for the usual suspects of so-called community leaders, who don't lead a thing!

People in the North East are far worse off, with far less opportunity - they didn't riot (so far). One 5 second look around London shows that immigrants can get jobs, so how does that translate into a lack of future for ethnic schoolkids? I don't see 500,000 Poles rioting! It's ludicrous old Marxist hat.

Almost all the stop & searches involve hoodies & scarves worn to mask identities. Even white kids get pulled by the police for this.

The riots are just about criminals & opportunists looting away. The kids involved yack on about respect, but they don't respect anyone. Why should they, they don't get jailed except for a momentous number of offences? The irony is, they aren't tough at all, & whine when they get it back.

I live in a very mixed area, & I can tell you for a fact that the residents (from about 20 nations) will be tooling themselves up tonight to dispatch their own form of justice to any rioter:biggrin1: - though I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media

All this shock, and horror and outrage I see everywhere atm is fatuous and risible. It's not like any of this is really a surprise, it's not like Britain isn't used to having to face the rage of its under-classes every now and then, it accepts it as the price of continuing to operate the system which keeps the well off well off and the poor the poor, the powerful in power and powerless left to express impotent rage and self destructive criminality which ultimately harms no one more than themselves.

I have a bunch of friends in London and so I've taken a strong interest in what's going on at the moment. I've read basically every news story that has been published and watched countless hours of reports on the goings on. I can say, without a doubt, what you wrote was the single most poignant and logically deduced thing I have encountered on the subject. As an American I was truly struggling to rationalize how the English were setting fire to their own capitol and yet somehow, after all the nonsense we've put up with , Americans were still talking about Charlie Sheen. You made that make sense.

You should truly consider submitting that other places if you haven't already.

JSZ

BIG_DAVE

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what i dont understand is how the british police can fire plastic bullets at people defending their community in belfast with a sit down protest and even when it becomes a riot no looting takes place yet when mob rule reigns in london not even fire cs gas to disperse the crowd?

the peelers in london must be on the back foot now to be treating the mob with kid gloves. When i was a kid in armagh you'd be shot at for throwing bricks at the police/army.

Never stopped us mind.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Well, got to go home early. That is a plus at the tiniest, least amount.

Also, I'd like to add that unless you've lived in London, it is difficult to make comments like "OMFG KILL THE NEGROS" and not get laughed at. Class is far more important than race and this is an equal-opportunities mugging it seems.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You wont get that till the UK is made a republic. Social mobility is nearly non-existant and the nation is controlled by people with "Lord" in their name.

Isn't quite the aspiration for the average £5/hour servant.

There certainly are problems with social mobility - the OECD's 2010 report "Going for Growth" doesn't make comfortable reading. There are 11 developed countries that do better than the UK. But there is nonetheless considerable social mobility within the UK, more than in the vast majority of nations in the world.

If the rioters really do feel that they face problems of social mobility then these issues should be looked at. But this doesn't seem to be being advanced as an issue. Rather it is around entitlement. The rioters - mostly in the 16-18 age group - feel entitled to a better material quality of life than they presently have. And they don't see how they can ever get it.

Our system offers very few jobs for UK youth aged 16-18. Indeed most employers seem to prefer to take on non-UK labour. We've created a generation of school leavers who do not have workplace skills and face a lifetime on benefits. IMO the failure is in the education system.