London Terrorist Attacks

VinceNYC

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by Shamrock@Jul 9 2005, 03:45 AM
BlastOff is right. Sugar coating this as just the work of fundamentalists is PC
thinking at its most naive. I'm Aussie, and the muslim mentality, terrorist or not, is
barbarous and backward. A muslim in Sydney said any woman who dresses like a slut
(a slut in their minds) deserves to be raped. There was a huge outcry and he back-peddled the next day and said "Well I didnt say deserved to be raped i meant they bring it upon themselves" which is  saying the same thing. A government official warned
him but he wasn't charged or anything. If a white guy came out and said "Hey, any
muslim who dresses like an arab at a baghdad market place should be bashed to death"
- he would be charged with inciting racial hatred. Maybe not many Muslims are terrorists, but a lot more sympathize with them than people want to admit. Its time to do away with their sensitivities and start putting national security first.
[post=327829]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm afraid I have to agree. I remember after 9/11 there were muslims dancing in the streets in Hoboken (New Jersey) looking over at the crumbling World Trade Center. While these people themselves would not necessarily carry a bomb or kill anyone, they certainly were glad that someone else did. It's a very hard mentality to understand, and very few have stood up to explain or condemn this behavior.

The other issue here for me is that living in New York I can tell you that there is virtually no security in this city. While we can argue about whether the "regime change" in Iraq is the right thing to do or not, I can't find a legitimate argument for going to Iraq when we haven't FIRST secured our own borders. The same could be said for the UK. Think of how much security could be bought for the BILLIONS of dollars we are spending in Iraq, forcing our way of life on others. A small percentage of that directed toward real security might have prevented this attack, and the one that is likely to happen again in New York.

Anyhow, all that aside, my heart truly goes out to London. I was sick to my stomach when I heard the news. Inasmuch as the US likes to pretend the world never existed before us, I think of England as our parent, which it truly is, and this was an attack on our family.