loners

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_tallbig, Nov 9, 2007.

1. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

i got only 4 friends ( real good friends) but i pass many hours alone so i would classified my self as a semiloner ? how many here feel that are like loners ? with having friends or not having

somedays i share time with my friends other days i spend the day alone

2. sbeBen

sbeBen New Member

It is better to have a few VERY GOOD friends than lots of so called friends who will not be there for you when you really need them!:wink: Obviously you are there for them too.

I am similar to you in this way.:wink:

3. B_tallbig

B_tallbig New Member

yep that is true i agree

4. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I have always felt as though I have lots of acquaintances and very few good friends. A friend is not a term that I throw around carelessly. It is someone I trust with everything I have.

It seems as though I am surrounded by people all day and evenings with friends. There are times that I would like to spend the day alone and hang with myself. I don't classify it as being a loner, but damn, I sure do enjoy the me time that I have occassionally.

5. efail

efail New Member

Hi, I got probably three very good friends, lots of 'mates'. But you know, somedays I just like to be by myself. Even to the extent of going shopping or whatever into town, like to go my own way. Have had sometimes the feeling when you meet a friend, ' I dont want to talk to you, make excuse and go'. Am I strange in being like that?:confused:

6. viking1

Gold Member

I'm a loner. People irritate me very quickly, or should I say SOME people can.

7. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

I also find that at the time I am making plans to do something, I am all excited, then when it is actually time to do it, I sort of dread it. Doesn't happen all the time, but it does sometimes.

8. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

I've always been somewhat of a loner. I grew up with little self confidence. It had nothing to do with any kind of lack of love. I had lots of love, no abuse or divorce in the family, but I never felt like I really fit in. I don't have many close friends (less than 5), and some go back to high school. I have a lot of acquaintances, and often people I've worked with have become like family since we're together 8 hours a day.

Sometimes I envy people that have lots of friends, but on the other hand I wonder if they're really true friends. Some people may claim to have 25 or 50 friends or more, but how often are they in touch with them? Do they see them on a regular basis? Do they live on the other side of the country? Do they just talk to them on the phone every now and again?

There are varying degrees to friendship. I have internet friends that I have never met and most likely will never meet, and I've often felt closer to them than some people in my real life. I've been able to open up to them and maybe it's because I know I will never meet them in person. They expect nothing of me and I expect nothing of them, but we can offer each other support.

9. efail

efail New Member

I am an orphan, my mother died when I was two days old, and I dont know who my father was, but I had a very happy adoption and a great family life. But, I still feel as though I have to do things 'myself'. Without anyone, not a concious decision, just a kind of gut feeling. Hard to put into words, but I will say, it seems to worry other people more than me.

10. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I'm something of a loner. I grew up having few (or NO) friends, and never really developed social skills. I do have some friends now, as well as quite a few acquaintances in my social activities/clubs. I need the social life, but I also need time alone to recharge.

11. efail

efail New Member

Yeah. time to recharge is great. Shut the doors, switch off the telephone, put a log on the fire, sit in your favourite chair. Then find that your friends think there is 'something wrong'. I just dont get that.

12. efail

efail New Member

Hey. why not start. LPSG. LONELY PEOPLE SUPPORT GROUP!!!

13. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Nothing wrong with being alone. It is Healthy to be alone sometimes. Learing to love and deal with yourself makes a better you for your friends to enjoy. I was a loner at one time but was allways an outgoing person and had many friends at work. So it was a somewhat healthy balance. When one pushes the world away totally thats another thing. I have two close male friends and we keep in contact and get together once and a blue moon. Busy with our wifes and lifes we still get together.

14. efail

efail New Member

Yeah, you absolutely right. The more I think of it, there is a distinct difference between being a loner, and being lonely. Its two completely different aspects to your life. I am a loner, but I am not lonely...does that make sense to anyone?:redface:

15. viking1

Gold Member

Good idea! I'll join...

16. efail

efail New Member

HMMMM> Think we may run into some copyright problems there, but if we loners, we dont care....

17. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes its normal the way you are living. Live at your own pace and not the worlds pace. The TV and media tell us how we should do everthing in life and its simply a load of bullshit. You sound like a sane and healthy Human Being and are living a healthy life.

18. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    Being a bit of an extovert, I've always had a lot of friends,
    however I do value time alone and make time for myself each day.
    I think it's all about balance, a healthy balance of having time for friends
    and for yourself. :smile:

19. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

I'm a loner with no 'real good' friends. I have a few people I speak to at the gym, and only at the gym, but that's about it. I use to have a 'best friend' but he was a remenent of my previous life as a theist. Once I became atheist we didn't get along so I backed off and honestly my life has been better since then. I've found it difficult to be 'good friends' with theists and I insist that my 'good friends' know of my atheism before a friendship gets that far. I've always been introverted and quiet most of my life, but now I can also be pretty forward with others when the mood suits me. I like spending great amounts of time to myself, but such time is difficult to come by now that I'm a care giver to my parents and that keeps me fairly busy.

20. Equus14

Equus14 New Member

Yes, I can identify with that feeling to. People quite often irritate me as well and I'm a loner. I wonder if that is a common trait of being a loner.

Draft saved Draft deleted