Long Distance Relationships

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by D_dtgt65rg, Sep 24, 2009.

1. D_dtgt65rg

D_dtgt65rg New Member

Washington, DC - Capitol Hill - H street Corridor
    Here's a new one to me and since several guys on here have share perspectives on multiple topics, I figured here's another one for the books.

I'm in a long distance relationship with my current boyfriend of a few months. He's 42 years old, I'm 25. He resides in Boston and I reside in Washington, DC. Since we began dating, I traveled to Boston every other week, which is approximately 5 or 6 times. He said he would travel here, but a financial problem arose and he was unable to travel, which I understood. I'm traveling there to attend the Head of the Charles Regatta during my birthday weekend and staying with him. I always wanted to attend the event since attending college in New England. Here's the problem. He's made a few comments about me dating outside of my class, referring to him. I make a great deal more money than him, which has never bothered me, but he mentioned I'm "dating down a class". I've heard friends of mine comment about "dating outside of their class" but I"ve never understood the arbitrariness of such a concept. Moreover, I keep asking him to travel here, but every time, he says he cannot travel here. Finally, to make matters worse, I'm applying to several grad programs, dual programs for a MA/PhD programs and business schools, and yes, I'm looking at places in Boston as well as new jobs to give us a bit more flexibility. I guess i'm wondering to the group, has anyone been in a situation like this. I mean recently I've been feeling like I'm the only one traveling, and spending money, and when I mention I cannnot travel there, he understood, but seemed really upset. I'm trying to figure out, is this worth it? I keep telling myself "yes" but I want him to initiate something, even meet me in NYC.

Any comments appreciated, including I'm full of myself, which is fine, too. Thanks....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice