long swim wear at beaches

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by rlit195908, Aug 23, 2008.

1. rlit195908

rlit195908 New Member

why has the trend change so much tham men don't want to show more legs in public . i'am 49 and i still wear the short swim 1-2 inches shorts with liners. Men might just wear there jeans at the beachs.

2. flnkdguy2

flnkdguy2 New Member

I don't understand it. I read some article on swimwear last week and this researcher had said that mens legs above the knee have become "private parts".

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ha ha! Maybe for some guys who are slaves to fashion or insecure with their bodies. We have choices. Boardshorts aren't the only option. Being a guy who has been into running and cycling for many years, I have decent legs and wear mid-thigh gym shorts every day. I found that they feel better in the ocean than boardshorts. I'd hate to see the regression back to the 1800s where people wore full body suits to the beach for modesty.

4. numberseven

numberseven New Member

I wouldn't have an issue with a smaller swimsuit, necessarily... but I like board shorts, so I wear 'em. Largely, it's probably a function of what the clothing market produces--most people (at least my age) would have to search actively for a smaller swimsuit--which would tend to cut down on the numbers.

5. arkyman

arkyman New Member

I was visiting San Antonio earlier this month with my brother's family, and we went to Fiesta Texas, which is the Six Flags theme park/water park there. My brother said within 5 minutes, "The circus must be in town. Look at all these guys with looooonnng shorts on. They just need a red ball stuck on their nose, and they'd pass as clowns!" How true! Now I watch the Men's Diving at the Olympics on TV and see very little shown. For an average guy, is there nothing inbeween the Speedo look and the clown look???

6. vietballa

vietballa New Member

I don't know why, but it doesn't bother me. It's not like it has any disadvantages. Board shorts are comfy.

7. vietballa

vietballa New Member

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...s_01.jpg/298px-Freeballer_board_shorts_01.jpg

http://www.sunnytheclown.net/db4/00346/sunnytheclown.net/_uimages/clown.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm not seeing it....?

8. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

not all of us are tryin to show off our legs to gay men .......

9. rgar

rgar Member

Albums:
    Im with you, no sense in dragging around more clothing than you have to . That can be very uncomfortable when we all just want to shed our clothes anyway .. ( Without getting arrested that is .) :rolleyes:

10. kurios

kurios Member

A lot of guys with long shorts keep pulling at them when they sit down so they don't ride up and EXPOSE anything above their knees.
    Don't understand why but see it all the time so it has become expected practice.

11. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

I have long swimwear, I have short swimwear... If I just want to enjoy the water without taking some laps, then I wear my surfershorts. But when I want to take some laps, I wear speedo's.
    Don't get angry at us, fashion suggest us these kind of shorts, why not wear it.

12. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

why dont u just not worry about what shorts men are wearing at the beach? if they are comfortable and happy... let them be..
    im sorry but some of the guys on here are out of their minds with their little speedos and their cock hanging out everywhere, no one wants to see that, except gay guys, im sure if u polled some 20-30 year old woman, theyd all prefer a guy with shorts on, not some speedo , no matter how big ur dick is, girls will laugh at you, most

13. arkyman

arkyman New Member

I still don't see the advantage of wearing "shorts" that are past the knee, and almost to the ankle!?!?!?!?!? Just go ahead and wear long pants if you are THAT shy. As far as fashion and style...bologna. Ever see those black, thick, plastic frames that folks used to wear in the 60s and early 70s. I think they are referred to as Nerd Glasses now. They "were" in style back then...not now. So much for "fashion and style."

14. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Maybe there is no advantage man, but come on, it is fashion right now. Also, did you already wear some of those surfershorts, cause I can assure you, they fit great and are awesome to wear!
    And for all the men who like seeing stuff...When a surfershort got wet, you can see an outline, so be happy and let us wear those shorts!!!

15. benoc

benoc Member

Boardshorts have their place and function (beach and surfing).

Speedos have their place and function (pool and swimming).

I also own a pair of trunk style swimmers for sunbathing and lazing around the pool.

Maybe I am just more comfortable with my body.

I must admit in Australia its an issue for a young person to wear speedos to the beach. Everyone wears boardshorts, just part of culture now. Trends will change eventually.

16. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I think most gays look above the legs. :wink:

17. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can understand fashion and all, but the idea of shorts is you wear them when it's warm out. If they are almost as long as long pants, then they technically aren't shorts anymore. They could be long and made out of a thinner fabric, so they are slightly cooler.

If I wear long pants and it's over 70F (21C) outside I'll be sweating my balls off. Maybe I'm just old-school, but I think shorts should be short.

18. vietballa

vietballa New Member

How long are these long pants you refer to?

If it's to the knee or a bit past it, then they're fine. They ventilate well.

You can't compare board shorts to jeans or long pants. Board shorts are a million times cooler.

Draft saved Draft deleted