Long term same-sex relationships?

B_19_10inches

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just wondering how many people on here have been in a long term same-sex relationship? Any married same-sex couples, or couples with children?

I'm only 19 so I've never had a proper long term relationship with a guy or a girl, but one of my gay friends (who is also 19) has been in a relationship with his bf for over 3 years! I think that's pretty cool (or maybe weird?)

:rolleyes:

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, I can guarantee there are plenty of long-term same-sex couples on here. Search the archives and you'll find the topic discussed plenty of times before.

For myself, my husband and I have been together for 16 years this year. We had a commitment ceremony about 9 years ago (not legally binding because the USA is still in the dark ages) and on the 10th anniversary of that next year, we plan on making it legal here in London.

Frankly, at the age of 19, I wouldn't expect you to have been in any long-term relationships. Long-term to a teenager is 6 months. You should be out and having fun at that age, not settling down to marriage.

overninept5

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just wondering how many people on here have been in a long term same-sex relationship? Any married same-sex couples, or couples with children?

I'm only 19 so I've never had a proper long term relationship with a guy or a girl, but one of my gay friends (who is also 19) has been in a relationship with his bf for over 3 years! I think that's pretty cool (or maybe weird?)

:rolleyes:
18 monogamus years for me and my guy.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congrats, guys! That's quite the commitment.

I'm lucky in that I'm in Canada, so my husband and I can be (and are) legally married. I married in my 20s, which makes me a bit rare around these parts - most same-sex couples I know who married are in their 40s or 50s - but I had, and have, no doubt in my mind that my husband is my soulmate. I used to not believe in that sort of fated pairing stuff before, but (and I know this sounds corny) the first moment I saw him smile I knew.

We're definitely going to adopt, but it's a few years away yet. I've met lots of male couples who've adopted, as that's been legal in Canada for quite some time now. The first time I met guys who'd adopted I could practically hear my biological clock pounding away in the back of my head, haha.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My longest was nine years. Prior to that, the average was about three and a half years.

One of my best friends has been with his partner for twenty-two years: it happens.

NYHoti

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My bf and I have been together for almost 12 years. We have had our ups and downs like any straight relationship but with work you can make a same-sex relationship last.

D_Woody_Bush

Account Disabled
Media
Tricky one because the old man and me split up for a while (almost to the day for 5 years).
So, first time around, we were together for 5 years 4 months. Then had the 5 year break and now, 2nd time round, we've been together 10 years and 7 months...

Plus, we first met about one year before getting together as a couple, when we were both at uni (that was ca 22 years ago)...

Still have our ups-and-downs but I would find it hard to imagine life without him :redface:

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We have 20 healthy and prosperous years behind us.
My advice: Don't try to make you gay relationship "fit" into a "Hetro" style marriage mold.