Longest Unsuccessful Relationship

orionsword57: I should have known better, but carried on a relationship with a woman who was a fine person and was very much into our sexuality, but just didn't walk the same path that I did, ie.. the relationship was basically disfunctional. Went on for about 3 years. Neither of us were right or wrong, just with different values.

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dysfunction is a way to describe it.

9 years.... the first 5 years were wonderful... after those, he decided that he needed some more "company" and began his long list of affairs... yeah, i loved him and stayed. besides, i planned to marry this guy.

fortunately things ended up in my favor and to his demise... :)

naughty... like you, that won't happen again. time is too short and precious. besides, i'm too old to do that again. x(

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Knight@Mar 16 2005, 12:50 AM
Bblumbee why would anyone cheat on you!

Just saying what every other man on the planet would ;)
[post=291255]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey Knight, babe!

Why? There could be a million reasons. I think he looked for towards me as a doll - set me on the shelf to be pretty and play with me when he wanted. I think other girls possibly offered that "zing" he wanted that I would not cave into.

You are a sweetheart! Hope your relationship last a very, very long time! Treat her well and make sure she does the same for you... AND, be honest with yourselves... read between the lines on this one... if anything is wrong or not right, then address it. saves a lot of hurt, pain and hassle in the long run.

Royal_T

Just Browsing
Media
3 years would be my longest, and it was dysfunctional for a lot of that time. Call me cynical, but I no longer believe the myth "love can conquer all."

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Knight@Mar 15 2005, 08:11 PM
But still...maybe he's crazy? Cos I wouldn't cheat on you ;)
[post=291273]Quoted post[/post]​

Definitely on Knight's side with this one. You're a great person bb, and I can't see how anyone could do such a thing that would knowingly cause pain like that.

D_Stavelay Strappon

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by bblumbee@Mar 15 2005, 05:13 PM
Dysfunction is a way to describe it.

9 years.... the first 5 years were wonderful... after those, he decided that he needed some more "company" and began his long list of affairs... yeah, i loved him and stayed. besides, i planned to marry this guy.

fortunately things ended up in my favor and to his demise... :)

naughty... like you, that won't happen again. time is too short and precious. besides, i'm too old to do that again. x(
[post=291240]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for sharing this with us, bb, but reading it greatly saddened me.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Someone very close to me said the same things to me, bblum........
"why would anyone cheat on you?"

Well, we all know why people cheat. They are unhappy with themselves,
they don't really know what they want, they dont tell themselves the truth, or you.....etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Its too bad, because perfectly lovely people get very, very hurt in the process.

I dont know what i think about the "better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" thing. I'll have to think about that some more.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mine was 8 years on and off. The nature of the realtionship changed many times; friends, lovers, friends with benefits and when things were going good it was wonderful.
But she cheated on me and we eventually decided being friends was the best for the both of us. It took 8 years to go from being platonic friends, back to being platonic friends, because the sex was too good! Really! We clicked so well sexually we both didn't want to give that up, and we didn't for a very long time.

In retrospect I know that both of use should have moved on after the 1st year or so.

I've never cheated and never will, and will add yet another "That guy was crazy!" in reference to bb's relationship! I would be thanking God every day if I were in a realtionship with a woman like her. There are a few more like her here in lpsg, so there is hope guys! :D :blush:

LapDog :p

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You guys are wonderful! Thank you for your kind and inspiring words...

Many people get dumped on all the time. I happen to be on of the many. It was unfortunate, but it did teach me a lot about myself. Would I go through the experience again... no, I would not wish that on anyone. Am I grateful for the life lesson... Yes. It taught me to be self-confident, resilent and independent. I am better for that.