Longing Across the Gym

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by pinkpineapples, Oct 4, 2011.

1. pinkpineapples

Albums:
    Have you ever just seen someone that was... I don't know, THE epitome of godly perfection? lol I swear, this guy is sculpted like a Greek god x_X! He's gorgeous and ahh, he totally knows it. He struts all slow like he knows he's sexy and it just makes him a bit more sexy. Normally I find that kind of thing a turn off. I don't want you to KNOW your sexy, I want you to know that I KNOW you're sexy lol. (if that makes sense to anyone?)

Is it wrong to stare? I find myself looking at him ALL the time when he's there. I swear he could've walked off a Corbin Fisher set. All 'musclely' and mmm. We make eye contact quite a bit, but I think that has more to do with the fact that he sees me looking? heh

Once I was upstairs on the treadmill and he was behind me going downstairs to the free weights and I got off the machine and turned around and he was turned around looking at me looking at him lol. Don't know whether to assume this is something...? In my case I highly doubt it. I am truly horrible when pinpointing potential suitors lol. Every guy I eye, no lie, is straight. No lie. Ever since high school. So maybe he's just looking cause I'm looking.

Gah he's just so !!!!<3<3!!!<3!!! lol He makes my heart, head, and the other head go pitterpatter (yes in that order!) Wish I could muster up courage to talk to him, but yeah. No way in hell lol. He's a 10 and I'm maybe a 5? lol Hard to say, I'm my own worse critic so~

Just had to put this out there. I've seen him for awhile now and I just don't have anyone else to talk to about it, so. It's one big rambling mess, incoherent maybe? Meh. Wish I could upload the image from my brain...mmm

2. ggsitc

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Next time you happen to pass him, look him in the eye and try a casual "hey" or "s'up?" and see how he reacts. Do you do free weights? Try to be in the area at the same time he is. Maybe he'll need a spot for a lift, or maybe you will.

Just some ideas. And just for the record, I need to take my own advice ... there's a new guy at work who is really occupying my attention whenever he's within sight. :rolleyes:

3. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. You could use Cragislist and post something in Missed Connections in your area. OR...See if he is on Grinder or Scruff while at the gym. :) The best thing is to just say hi... say something like, "I see you here all the time and thought I'd say hi. To make it less awkward, you could add...you dont know that many people at the gym and you at least see him enough to be cordial." That, as corny as it may seem, will break the ice and then you can do some research with some well placed words and see how he reacts. ;) Just dont be overly aggressive and make him feel threatened. Just in case.... Good luck!

4. D_Lee_Iacuckold

D_Lee_Iacuckold New Member

Oo I cant do that kind of stuff. Theres so many at my gym that its like paradise. Of course there are the great looking ones that I have no trouble being around, but then there are the ones that should be worshipped all day long lol. Those guys I tend to not be around or get close to. Ill walk the long way around to avoid them or make sure that I work out in the opposite side of the gym whereve they are. Its too much for me lol. There was this one time, I was walking down the aisle, and I didnt even realize that the guy that I call "my husband" in the gym was standing right in front of me. And like a little school girl, I turned around and walked away. I almost fainted. Reminded me of high school lol

5. monstro

monstro New Member

It's not wrong. Take a chance. Go for him.

6. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    thats cute, how old are you?

7. pinkpineapples

Albums:
    lol I would choke on the words trying to talk to him. Just the thought of talking to him makes me nervous x_X

Errr, I would stumble on those words and turn red, etc etc. It would totally come off as me being interested lol. The Missed Connections thing I might do. I look in there a lot, in the hopes someone just didn't have the nerve to talk to me. I have no skill in social interaction.

Totally have that issue sometimes. I walked downstairs and was kinda lookin around for him, look to the right and then back in front and BAM! there he was right in front of me. Immediately, I looked down and kept walking lol. like OMG don't loooooook at himmm! x_X

He needs to approach me! Would make it so much easier. Maybe next time I will remove my head phones and see if he talks. I'll make GOOD eye contact lol.

Heh, much easier to say. I've only asked 1 guy out (worked at the gym) and that took me..a week to decide to do it, and the night i went for it. took me almost 2 hrs. The hour I worked out, then I sat in the car for almost an hour before I went back in lol

8. pinkpineapples

Albums:
    Very Cute Indeed. A problem when it's happening to you, but very cute lol

9. B_Dominic87

B_Dominic87 New Member

I must admit I sometimes walk around naked and show off a bit when it is crowded. I like it when people stare at me. I take my time to towel off and get dressed. Sometimes I pretend i forgot the soap from the shower area and walk back across the locker room naked. It's one of the small things I enjoy in life lol.

10. XSILVER

XSILVER Well-Known Member

Albums:
    OMG yes.... last week my boyfriend and I were changing in the locker room and these two HOT, YOUNG, BUFF twinks were in towels and i couldnt help but stare and my boyfriend had asked me a question and i was like "uhh... hummm... uuuh" and he looked at the two guys, looked at me and just laughed! *blush*

11. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    Care to switch to my gym? *HEHEHEHEHEHE*

12. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    Aren't "twink" and "buff" mutually exclusive?

13. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Staring is creepy.

Either take the initiative to talk to him or ignore him

14. hockeysweat

hockeysweat New Member

Albums:
    There's only one way to obtain social skills: PRACTICE. All you have to say is one word. Sup? Or whatever equivalent phrase you're comfortable saying.

I'm an introverted guy and pretty self-contained, but I was amazed at how easy it is to make connections with just a few words when I first tried it out.

15. D_Lee_Iacuckold

D_Lee_Iacuckold New Member

16. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you ever just seen someone that was... I don't know, THE epitome of godly perfection?
    Love it man .. ha

utilize your youthful attributes mate
    am sure theyre there
    catch his eye ..SMILE' & say Hi'
    (may have to repeat several times ha)
    Persevere..
    GOOD Luck
    enz

17. 92philip

92philip New Member

Albums:
    I have the exact same problem. I see guys and immediately think they are awesome and that we should date, I also get really insecure. But here's the thing, if he was gay he probably would have approached you by now because he would have seen you staring and would have picked up on the signals. Best bet is to not say anything. Cause straight guys flip out when you hit on them, even if its by accident. lol

18. miamirt

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Wow Dominic, nice pics. You can walk all over at my gym
    !!!!

19. sgtrock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well at first I was just going to blow off this post as crap but then I re-read it.

First lets clear the air a little why do you think a straight guy wouldn’t be flattered if you said hello or more? I am straight although I love to have fun teasing it is all meant in good clean fun. Also working out everyday at GOLDS I too and a avid exhibitionist which is true of most of us in the gym it has no sexual boundaries. I mean think about it other than a disco bar in the eighties where else can you find do many mirrors? For good reason – EGO!

Now going back to getting up your courage why do you think it’s so hard? How does anyone meet anyone someone has to be first? As was already mentioned to it takes practice everyone doesn’t jump out of the womb being suave and debonair. Confidence weed hopper…

My only concern is you sound a little immature grow a little back bone but be yourself. Hell you might find out that he too is gay and would love to get to know you better.

After getting out of the Marines I found out that one of the members of my squad was gay. This changed everything for me. I was an NCO in a Recon Team and he was by far one of the more ‘manly’ guys on the team. After I got out in Honolulu he contacted me to invite me to his wedding and I quickly said yes. Well when I came to Los Angeles was when he first told me. He said he was afraid to tell me because he didn’t want to lose me as a friend. Well that made me think was I too guilty of assuming every little feminine acting guy was the only gay ones too. Needless to say I was guilty

Within a year I got a job as a model, art classes, photographers etc and again I was amazed to find out who was gay. On one shoot there was a famous actor who now calls the islands home. At the time he had not yet come out and I was amazed how friendly and how intently he observed the photo shoot – it was at his home. I don’t believe he came out until the last several years – Richard Chamberlain. So we all need to get past stereotypes it just isn’t an efficient means of gauging who someone is.

On the other hand a straight guy like me would love to tease you and drive you crazy too so be careful but have some fun!

20. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Ya, I've been in these shoes...and I'm also naive enough to assume that most guys are at the gym to work out, not to get hit on by other guys. I assume that its easier to flirt online or in a gay bar as opposed to a gym where this is risk and danger in showing same-sex attraction. If you were careful enough to be super subtle and simply start a random conversation with a stranger without being transparent about your physical attraction, then that's a possible way to safely gauge his sexual interest in you.

In the end I would never bother a guy going through his routines at the gym to determine his sex interest in me...but for those of you who know me well there is no news there. :tongue:

Draft saved Draft deleted