Longtime lurker, fit, bipolar and jovial as hell.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ira Fews, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Ira Fews

Ira Fews New Member

Hi! My entire adult life has been a bold, wasteful misadventure, mainly as a result of excessive drinking. I have learned first-hand that ethanol, when applied as an internal disinfectant, is a powerful, broad-spectrum solvent, acting with great efficacy on jobs, friendships, relationships, bank accounts, self-respect, and countless other items.

Several years ago I spent an evening in protective custody after being picked up by the Massacusetts State Police after motorists reported a man running pell-mell across Interstate 90. On the twelve-mile walk home the next day, I drank nearly a gallon of wine and was knee-walking hammered in short order. A subsequent descent into beer goggling with a Woman of Size so traumatized me that I fled to the mountains of New Mexico and hid out for a month with dear friends.

Last year I experienced something of an epiphany while watching the conclusion to House episode, and understood that I was almost certainly afflicted with bipolar disorder. I began taking medication for this condition and am hopeful that managing this newly diagnosed but certainly longstanding condition will contribute mightily to my ability to remain sober.

Anyway, I am truly ready to rock. And the goods haven't withered any thoughout all of this, which is a plus! Woo-hoo.

2. D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher

D_Sue Ellen Brastretcher Account Disabled

3. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    welcome to the site!

4. zp28

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey! Welcome to the site!

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Be vewy vewy quiet....

Welcome.

6. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice