Looking at sperm

allun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I wonder how many men look at their sperm to assess the health of it.I have looked at mine over 30 years and notice a definate number of "dud" ones
A 300x microscope it sufficient to view

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
:wtf1:
I wonder how many men look at their sperm to assess the health of it.I have looked at mine over 30 years and notice a definate number of "dud" ones
A 300x microscope it sufficient to view
:stupid2:

you, my friend, "definately" have way too much spare time on your hands!:pat:

Last edited:

SouthernSpunk

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Since the man is a farmer, and probably does animal husbandry, the question isn't so weird as you guys are making it out.

Allun: I did this a couple of times as a teen ager, but since then I've seen so many Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom "science adventures" I have no specific recollection of what I saw.

It's been a long time since I've seen the viability counts, but even in young men there's a lot of second class sperm in the soup, and it just get worse with age.

But it's still fun to make the cobra spit.

scottredleter

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What do you mean by 'dud?'
I don't know what that means, but I do remember the first time I shot a load, I wiped up with a towel and hid it in my closet. It stayed there for a while and I remember thinking when I finally had to go get it, that there may be millions of these tiny deformed creatures. Thank God that I didn't see anything at all. Anything else would have freaked me out forever.

Oh... I just saw the microscope part... I guess my comment doesn't make any sense.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
that is actually a good and sound idea

the only time I ever looked at my ejaculate was my first time, when I was thirteen

as I have no intention of fathering children, it is not something I would likely look at, unless motility is an indicator of other aspects of one's health

allun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes SS you are right, I being a farmer have done this to check fertility in our rams.
I have also checked on my pre-cum as it is always cloudy

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, Top 10 reasons you know you need to join the Hung Nerd's Support Group if.....

Seriously though, yes I have looked at it.
I got a blow job from a semi-hot biology major girl in college, and she decided it would be fun to prepare a sample slide. Afterwards, I asked her if she wanted help cleaning it up, but she said "No, that's all right. I'll do it" in a perky sort of way. I don't know why, but somehow I left feeling slightly violated.

Interestingly enough though sperm quality is an indicator of general health. Excercise, avoiding tobacco, alcohol, drugs, animal foods, hydrogenated and refined oils, reducing refined sugars and refined starches, plentiful sleep, and eating a mediteranean diet high in fruits and vegetables all cause sperm quality to go up in men of all ages, just as their general health and wellness incease.
Vitimin C also plays an important role in sperm motility.
You can read more about the role of diet and lifestyle factors and how they affect male fertility in "Stop Aging Now" and several other books by leading medical journalist, Jean Carper.

Last edited:

SweatsBulge

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been curious to do the same but didn't have the right equipment. I enjoyed the odd Youtube video of guys who look at their own sperm and show them on Youtube. If you think the first post is strange (IT ISN'T) then the Youtuber's are the ones with too much time.
Just sayin'
You could have this done in a clinic...but where's the fun and intrigue in that???? interesting first post (and don't play as if many of you hadn't thought about it, too.)

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
*This thread should be in the Healthy Penis Forum.*

I wonder how many men look at their sperm to assess the health of it.

Not me. Only persons qualified to assess semen samples would undertake that task. BTW even N.P.'s most renowned urologist would be excluded from that group, as he sent such samples off to a hospital lab for assessment.

Last edited:

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I've seen my guys swimming under a microscope ... my wife and I both underwent fertility treatments when we were trying to start a family. Turns out about a 1/3 of my sperm swam in circles; my fertility doc said he thought it was most likely the result of an injury or infection when I was young.