Looking at the Gym

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So i made it to the gym tonight and was going about my workout.
I spotted a very hot woman (26 years old or so) brunette, green eyes seriously checking me out. staring me up and down. Thank you wall to wall mirrors in the gym.
so when i was going to another machine, she happened to be walking toward me and so i batted my eyes and smiled and asked how she was doing.
she muttered 'ok' and turned red as a tomato and rushed past me and left.
huh?
she was the one checking me out. ok w/e.
work out. work out.
another woman did the same thing. a bit short, petite, mousy. staring at me hard. again, thank you gym mirrors.
scenario repeats. i feign oblivion to her chekcing me out and smile and say hello and all of a sudden she is bashful and also blushes and runs off.
what is this about?!
i was focused on my workout and noticed that i was being oogled. i was nice and polite and friendly and said hello and this sends women running away?
should i post this in women's issues or something?
i wasn't some weird, gross guy hitting on them. simply being a cordial fellow and saying hello.
it is my thought that is a woman was staring at me as openly as these women were, they might have enjoyed a polite and simple small talk routine.
and women wonder why they are single? really?
i can put up with a lot, but social ineptitude is not on that list.

ColonialBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Chicks stare at hundreds of good looking guys. Its window shopping. But they dont have the time or inclination to jump every guy they see.

What did you expect, all these chicks to ask you on a date?

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
colonial - i do expect that when properly approached, a woman would have the presence of mind to engage in socially appropriate banter and not go running off.
that's just plain rude. neither of these women were mute for crying out loud.

hung and horny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hmm...I think it might possibly be the setting. Guys don't really care where they pick up a woman, but sometimes woman will look for a romantic setting, rather than a hot sweaty gym, which leads to the next thing.

If they are at the gym, they aren't "done up" and are possibly sweaty and stinking. They may see this as a total turn off for a guy, so they don't think that the guy will be interested, even though they are interested in you.

Or, they may just have been checking out your body, but were already in a relationship and regretting that they couldn't try to get you alone, haha :)