Looking for a co-writer

legaleagel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi,

I've wanted to try my hand at writing stories for a while now. I've started about a dozen but the problem is they tend not to be very good, I reread them back to myself and they just don't sound right in my head especially compared to some of the really terrific ones on here.

Essentially what I'm trying to find is a co-writer someone to help me knock my ideas into shape and help me learn how to be a better writer. My degree is in law so as you might guess writign flowing flawless prose doesn't come naturally to me.

If anyone would be good enough to give me a hand either with comments or even co-writing then I'd be very grateful.

Thankyou very much

Charlotte

legaleagel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Just though I'd add the type of stories I like or here:

I love the re-education series, there absolutely fantastic.

Also "My brother wife" "My best friend"and "Story of Richard" are really good, and the Brad series.

In terms of themes I want to do something involving big dicks (obviously) but also women not being able to resist them, some fantasy stuff, maybe PE, who knows.

As someone working in the legal profession I'd like to do something based around my job but am short of inspiration at the moment.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe co-writing can only very rarely be successful, writing is the result of one person's imagination or re-telling of facts, and we each have different styles of writing, try to write a story between two people and all you have is one person's writing twisted into something it wasn't intended to be. But if you like send me a story, I'll edit it for you, tighten it up and give you a few pointers as to where I feel you're going wrong.

legaleagel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi Spoiled Princess,

I really appreciate the offer to help edit my stories and offer some constructive criticism. I haven't written anything since university so any help you can give to may the whole thing sound semi-decent would be appreciated.

My main problem at the moment is my writing style. I've got the ideas and the dialogue isn't too much of the problem (I'm hoping). Its just making it sound realistic/naturalistic. To much of the time I seem to fall back on 'he said, she said' type responses and whenever I try and expand on this it just sounds wrong (to be exact the sort of thing a sixth-former might come out with). Anyway if I email you a sample of my stuff it would be great if you could help me out.

By the way having read your comments elsewhere I'm going to do my best to make sure my spelling and grammar is upt o scratch. :smile:

Best wishes

Charlotte

Adrian69702006

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It depends on what you want to do. I've written a few short stories in the past and I'd be more than happy to let you have the benefit of my advice. However unless you're veryt lucky you're unlikely to get published let alone make serious money out of it. A relatively small number of writers manage to do that, but I wouldn't maker it your main ambition. I'd say the best thing was to write for pleasure first and foremost.:smile:

legaleagel

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Oh I don't intend to ever give up the day job. despite my whinging I like the law and best of all it pays well. I'm just interested in story writing to try and get some of fantasies down on paper (or screen even).

Zuiderzee

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've helped a few erotica writers over the years--notably with a fanfic taken from My Life as Teenage Stud. Send me an outline of what you intend to post (or what you've already written) in an E-mail to yours truly and we might work from there.

zuiderzee@yahoo.com

TheScotsman

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, it's always helpful as a writer to have someone to knock back ideas against every so often, does tend to help with the speed of the whole process. I tend to get stuck in a rut writing-wise all the time, since I'm used in the past to having loads of people to bounce ideas off. I do some writing professionally so if you ever wanted to go over your ideas, I'd be happy to offer some guidance.

smally

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hello, It looks like you have several offers for help. I look forward to reading something from you. I would also be willing to help; send me a pm if you would like help or want to run some ideas by me for help to get started.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

I've wanted to try my hand at writing stories for a while now. I've started about a dozen but the problem is they tend not to be very good, I reread them back to myself and they just don't sound right in my head especially compared to some of the really terrific ones on here.

Essentially what I'm trying to find is a co-writer someone to help me knock my ideas into shape and help me learn how to be a better writer. My degree is in law so as you might guess writign flowing flawless prose doesn't come naturally to me.

If anyone would be good enough to give me a hand either with comments or even co-writing then I'd be very grateful.

Thankyou very much

Charlotte

My day job is not as a writer, but I am one nonetheless. In fact, I'm soon to be published and I am working on a novel, which has taken a lot of time and research since I have to be historically accurate.
You are better off writing on your own, the only reason I can see having a co-writer is if you were writing an autobiography and you were in need of a "ghost writer". My advice is too keep writing...whatever comes to your head and whenever you think of it...I always have a small notebook with me for that reason. If you just practice doing this, in time you will feel more natural about what you write and you will become accustomed to writing freely and fluently. I've always been a natural writer but there are days when I just have to work through a dry spell. Keep writing!!! Practice, and maybe enroll in a night class...even just reading will open your eyes to all the various ways of expression. Listening to classical music is another source of inspiration. Good Luck!

grumpyguy

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Legaleagel,

I'd be happy to help as well. I've written a great deal myself, outside of this particular genre. I think few of these parnerships work. Stephen King/Peter Straub was a famous disappointment (though a little underrated too). However two authors, Dannay/Lee, collaborated to bring us Ellery Queen.

The problem might be that any literary effort is one of those things that can be compared to sausage, great but no one should see how they're made.

This genre is particularly dificult to collaborate in because so much involves a fantasy world we don't usually share with others. People who I see in my everyday life know I write. Most have read or heard a lot of my stuff. Not one of them knows I've written three stories about precociously pubescent well-endowed boys having sex with beautiful adult women.

I can see the fickleness of this fantasy world by simply reversing the sexes in the stories I've written. Whereas I find young boys having sex with adult women to be an intriguing sexual situation, the reverse would be repugnant to me.

The point is, sharing creativity is tough. Having your ideas critiqued before they're even properly presented is tougher. Sharing ideas about sexual situations is the toughest thing. If you want to try though, I'm game.

(From this reply, you can see I like to write or, at least, type).

A