looking for a doc to remove silicone

Discussion in 'Penis Enlargement' started by bottom4size, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Hi all.

I'm one of the guys who went the silicone route, having injections in the TJ and the UK.

A while back I asked the doc in TJ for referrals to surgeons who could remove the silicone, and he said that he could completely remove it.

Long story short, I've had 4 procedures with him and there's still a lot of silicone left and I'm pretty badly scarred. After a lot of frustration I finally confronted the doc with my suspicion that he wasn't doing what I wanted him to do, and he more or less confirmed that he had tried to preserve my size rather than make me look as normal as possible, which is what I wanted.

I can't say that I trust the TJ doc anymore, so I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who can refer me to a surgeon who might be able to help. I'm in Los Angeles, where there are tons of plastic surgeons, but moving through the phone book doesn't seem like the best strategy. I've pursued the surgeon in London who worked on "PhilmoreUK" and tried to contact the few other guys who've had silicone removed, but it seems like everyone has gone under the radar.

Please - no rants about my choice to do silicone. I don't condemn anyone who's had or wants to have the injections, nor do I condemn the docs for doing them. In the end, silicone wasn't the right choice for me, and I'm happy to say why to anyone who's interested, but I'm not going to argue whether it's the right choice for anyone else.

Thanks.

2. lessie

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dr Rosenthal at Beverly Hills Surgical might be able to help. He is one of the top penis doctors in the world.

3. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Sorry, buddy, I'm not trying to be vague, but I'm assuming you got those injections in your penis?

I'll email a few friends in LA and San Francisco. Not sure if I can come up with anything. There HAS to be someone out there that can help you better than the doc you've sourced out so far.

I agree that no one should be giving you shit about this or any health-related issue. You're asking in good faith...kinda ballsy, actually, knowing how evil some of the LPSG crowd can be.

Good luck and I'll see if I can come up with anything...latah

4. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

This one is very difficult to deal with and it has become more so in the past few years because of some legal issues many doctors are facing.

Personally, if you had asked this question two years ago I would have known multiple MD's who could have helped you.

Rosenthal is one name and the other one I personally think may be excellent is Gary Alter in Beverly Hills. I know he has the expertise to do the work, but I do not know if he would be willing to do so any more.

You can be of great service to many men who are considering the injection of silicone for genital enhancement by detailing your experiences here. You have the power based on your experience to maybe make another individual think twice before going off shore and doing this.

I wish you the best of luck with your search for a surgeon.

5. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Many thanks to the three of you who responded so far.

I had located Dr. Rosenthal but not Dr. Alter. I'll contact them both this week.

I'm happy to detail my experience here for all who are interested.

And I'd definitely appreciate any further suggestions - thanks in particular to Hellboy0 for contacting his friends in LA and SF.

6. lineok03

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Beverly Hills, California - Dr. Gary Alter, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Board Certified Urologust

Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Gary Alter is one of only a handful physicians in the United States who is Board Certified in both urology and plastic surgery. He is in the private practice of plastic and reconstructive surgery in Beverly Hills, California, subspecializing in genital reconstruction. Dr. Gary Alter also has a private plastic surgery practice in Manhattan, New York.

Beverly Hills, California - Dr. Gary Alter, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Board Certified Urologust

Penis and Scrotum Reconstruction

Various congenital and acquired deformities of the penis and scrotum can be reconstructed. The penis can be hidden or the skin damaged by chronic inflammation. The penile skin can be replaced by a skin graft, which will restore length and eliminate chronic discomfort. If the entire scrotum is enlarged with lymphedema or another irreversible cause, or if it is destroyed by skin loss, then a new scrotum can be reconstructed from skin grafts. The new scrotum can appear remarkably normal.

CLICK HERE TO SEE EXAMPLES OF DR. ALTER'S WORK

7. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

For those of you who are interested in my progress, this week I contacted Dr. Rosenthal and Dr. Alter (in Los Angeles) as well as Dr. Harold Reed (in Miami).

Dr. Rosenthal did not respond to my inquiry.

Dr. Alter responded as follows: (1 - in response to my initial inquiry) Joe: It is possible to reduce your penile size, but it will require several operations to probably achieve your goal. Complete removal is impossible. Insurance may cover part of the expense but you need to pay my fee in advance. Sincerely, Dr. Alter. (2 - in response to my request for clarification on cost / number of surgeries): Joe: I cannot tell you how many surgeries are required. There is a limited amount that can be removed at any time. We quit when you want. It is always more difficult to reconstruct. The probable cost for the first procedure is in the area of $7-9000. Sincerely, Dr. Alter.

Dr. Reed responded as follows: (in response to my initial inquiry): Good afternoon Joe, Thank you for your interest in what we do. Have seen so many silicone genitalias. Last case, done a few days ago. Your fee for removal is 6,500 if done under local with IV sedation. Consultation is 250. You are welcome to check with your insurance company for reimbursement considering the skill and experience involved. Whoever does you, needs to wear loupes, having an exacting knowledge of penile tissue planes, and understands what should be done, and what not to do. Sincerely, Harold M Reed, M.D.

While I don't want to travel to Miami, Dr. Reed seems to be have more experience and optimism, so I'm inclined to pursue him further, at least once I've saved the money: $6500 is more than I can afford after my recent experiences in Mexico.

But I'm still interested in referrals - so thanks again for those of you who are helping me with my research.

And not that I necessarily want to discourage anyone from having silicone injections, let me say that if you're considering having them done, you may want to let my experience form a part of your INFORMED decision on whether or not to do it. That's the spirit in which I'm continuing with these posts.

Peace.

8. WangerOver

WangerOver Member

9. D_Diesel Oyl

D_Diesel Oyl New Member

bottom4size - over how long a period did you get the injections? Is your current penis deformed, or is it that you just want the silicone out?

10. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Thanks for the good wishes, WangerOver.

To answer your question, Musclebander: I had the injections over the course of about 3 years - probably 7 or 8 visits to the practitioner in the UK and the doc in TJ combined. I'd definitely use the word "deformed" to describe my penis - if not by the original silicone injections (which I was never happy with but which I stupidly tried to fix with further injections) then by the subsequent attempts by the doc in TJ to remove it. The few guys I've shown my cock to have more or less agreed - but of course I'm hypersensitive to the situation because it's MY cock we're talking about, so there's a good chance it looks and feels worse to me than it would to someone else.

11. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dude, you are extremely brave to talk to us so honestly. Wish I could be there to give you a big hug.

Still no word...it is kinda Christmas over there, so maybe they are out of town but I'll keep asking. In the meanwhile, good luck. You're doing all the right things and sounds like you've honed in on a good doc. :smile:

12. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Good luck in getting this sorted out. I wish you all the best.

13. _meowmeow_

_meowmeow_ New Member

wow and i was thinking or getting some injection... i wonder if there is anything else rather than silicone

14. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Ongoing thanks to all - in particular to a member who emailed me privately with a positive testimonial for Dr. Reed and for Hellboy's continued support.

To answer your question, meowmeow: I understand that some U.S. doctors are using one or more of the absorbable fillers for faces in the penis and scrotum, and I understand that a certain substance may work even in the head of your penis. I don't have any experience with these substances, and I can't name any doctors by name, but for someone considering silicone, it would seem to present an option with less risk. For discussion on how to enlarge with these or other techniques, I guess I'd refer you to the many other threads in this forum. My only advice here is to do maximum research before deciding to do anything.

#14 bottom4size, Dec 14, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  15. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm giving up on my so-called friends, bottom4size. And I am really sorry they crapped out on us.

Sounds like you have sussed the issue out, though. Feel free to let me know how things are going. I'll check in anyway...not stalking just interested in your progress and a happy solution for you.

Merry Christmas, buddy!:smile: And I am sure the New Year will bring great things your way.

16. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Thanks for trying, Hellboy. I gotta say I'm kinda discouraged - the only promising responses I've gotten so far are for (and from) Dr. Reed - who's in Miami. It'd be great to find someone more local ... and more affordable - not that Dr. Reed's rates are unreasonable, just beyond my current means. But thanks again. Feel free to check in. And if you're interested, I'll keep you posted.

17. thirteenbyseven

Gold Member

This is an intriguing thread. If I am reading this correctly your penis has had the same TJ silicone injections as the former owner of LPSG. Depending on the number of injections (and the original dimensions of the penis) it could be one heck of a complex surgical job to restore the organ. These penises can be real swollen phallic monsters.

I recall a few summers back being at the French nudist resort/town, Cap d' Agde. My wife and I were walking along the beach in the morning when we walked past what looked like a flesh colored coffee can, about 7-8 rigid inches long with no glans head, just stretched folds of skin. We eventually discovered the guy was an American, HIV+ with a disturbingly fatalistic what-the-Hell attitude. At this point in his life he didn't seem to care about the perils of silicone, just the visual effects of a massive penis.

bottom4size, most of these phalloplastic surgeons with the exception of Dr. Gary Alter over on N. Bedford Dr. are somewhat long on promises and proprietary secret surgical formulas to phallic gigantia and short on reconstructive success stories. Also reading into your posts, I believe your penis at this point is teaming with fibrosis, which effects your ability to stretch fully (and symmetrically) in erection. The restrictive scar tissue will have to be removed along with the silicone; one Hell of a multi-surgical procedure.

You might try to contact Dr. Alexander Krakovsky down in La Jolla. He was up in San Luis Obispo at another penile enlargement clinic before starting his practice in the San Diego area. The guy has a good track record and specializes in phalloplasty. His website is: Get in touch with Dr. Krakovsky at the Penile Cosmetic Surgery Center in San Diego, CA From L.A. you can always drive down and consult with him, go around the corner to George's At The Cove for a lunch or dinner, and drive back.

There is no magic bullet. Most of these doctors have horror stories that would stand your hair on end. Dr. Reed in Miami severely damaged the blood flow to the penis of a patient during a "simple" lengthening procedure to cut the suspensory and fundiform ligaments. During the months I was in email contact with this patient, a lead guitarist for a Florida band, the guy was flying all over the country to find a qualified urologist to repair his now impotent penis. Before it was all over, he could have purchased quite a few classic pre-CBS Fender Stratocasters in his collection for the price to get back his "lowly" 6 inches. In the end he chose to go up to Boston with a mainstream urological physician with a sterling surgical reputation and not one of the highly advertised phalloplastic surgeons.

Good luck. :smile:

18. briefs

briefs New Member

Albums:
    bottom4size,

Dr. Alter performed a good friend's male-to-female operation and she is very pleased. Why not visit him for a consultation, at least? He's local, which helps a lot.

I've played with two men who have silicone work. I'm really sad yours didn't work out as hoped. I can imagine how painful your emotional swings about this must be.

I will be glad to help any way I can.

19. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Thanks, Briefs. See above for my reasons as to why I'm shy of Dr. Alter - but you're right, it couldn't hurt to go for a low-cost consultation.

I've followed 13x7's suggestion to contact Dr. Krakovsky. I'll let you all know what he says.

THANKS AGAIN to everyone who's offered support both by replying to the thread and by sending me private emails.

Joe

20. bottom4size

bottom4size Member

Quick update: no reply from Dr. Krakovsky. Still looking for suggestions. Thanks to everyone for the support!

Draft saved Draft deleted