Looking For A Wonder Woman Theme Mix

Paging Danny!

I'm trying to find a modern rock version of the first season theme to Wonder Woman.

I found a bunch of rap mixes and THIS drag version:eek:, but I'd like to find some talented band that knows just how awesome this song would sound done a bit faster with more balls.

It's was 9/11 when I first thought about it. I was standing outside our office having a smoke with my boss who just saw the second tower collapse with her husband in it and watching two helicopters from the airbase across the street flying an enormous American flag between them over the city of Newburgh. It occured to me, 'this country could use Wonder Woman about now,' and I thought about the ubersexy Lynda Carter being Wonder Woman as only she could. I though Warners would have jumped on Wonder Woman, Superman, Captain America and other sorts of patriotic superheroes but Warner was myopic as ever and failed to capitalize on the opportunity. Still, the show had a funky theme with great orchestration and I'm still looking for the right version.

Thanks!

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
You talkin bout this?

Funny... on 9/11 I was scrambling to get the fuck outta downtown Chicago. Last thing on my mind was superheroes. More like "cab drivers' gonna kill us".

You talkin bout this?

Funny... on 9/11 I was scrambling to get the fuck outta downtown Chicago. Last thing on my mind was superheroes. More like "cab drivers' gonna kill us".

Excellent work Danny! I'm impressed. I can hear the bassline really well. What I was hoping to find was something ala Danny Elfman, someone who appreciates the funk orchestration of the original with that kind of Earth, Wind, and Fire/Parliament hard funk sped-up and made into a wall-of-sound industrial/power pop/punk kinda thing. Very hard but still richly orchestrated. There's nothing I like better than really powerful rock tightly but lushly orchestrated with vocals soaring above. I think the Wonder Woman theme has that kind of potential. I can almost hear it in my head. Rather like Social D doing Ring of Fire, The Jam doing Batman, The Supertones reorchestration of The Munsters (sorry for the quality), Dead Kennedy's doing Rawhide, or even Cowboy Junkies doing Sweet Jane. I think Flea kinda found the quality I hear just dying to get out, but he's not an orchestrator. Think of the overture of Tommy played only by The Who and then having it played by The Who backed by the London Symphony Orchestra. It's night and day.

In a reverse of this, the most I can do is demonstrate The Who singing Amazing Journey without their backup. Here they are performing Amazing Journey but with their backup (if you can call the LSO backup). The most dramatic example in the entire opera is the overture through to The Hawker, but I can't find an example of that so this will have to do.

It's cheap, but: This is The Who doing Christmas all on their own. This is Christmas as it was originally written and orchestrated.

dannymawg

Experimental Member
Media
Wow man - yer deep :biggrin1:

I always liked Wall of Voodoo's version of "Ring Of Fire"... tho for some reason this vid doesn't play all the way through.

In my travels I found some tasty files of the sound effects from the ABC WW series... maybe I can whip up something on this end.

As soon as I'm done with the other x amount of projects I have open :rolleyes:

"Everything in rock is stolen" - Lester Bangs

Nah, just a frustrated orchestrator.

I love Wall of Voodoo. Lost Weekend is a great driving song, my fave of theirs. I was indifferent to South Side until I heard it with Gwen Stefani. Love or hate Moby, he's a brilliant orchestrator. The song needed a feminine voice; a vocal treble to counter the depth of the mid and bass that the percussion can't overcome, to balance it out.

It's crazy but I my vision for that song is something like a Final Battle in the Lord of the Rings, all the good guys ride out to face all the bad guys. Lines of men led by Aragorn, the elves by Galadriel and Celeborn, the dwarves rushing from the hills where the hobbit archers have stationed themselves. It's just an awesome visual and the power of it is overwhelming.

My first in-my-head video was Blondie's One Way or Another about Pope John Paul being chased in the popemobile by a bunch of thugs. I was a strange kid.

Wow man - yer deep :biggrin1:

I always liked Wall of Voodoo's version of "Ring Of Fire"... tho for some reason this vid doesn't play all the way through.

In my travels I found some tasty files of the sound effects from the ABC WW series... maybe I can whip up something on this end.

As soon as I'm done with the other x amount of projects I have open :rolleyes:

"Everything in rock is stolen" - Lester Bangs

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Monica Bellucci or Charlize Theron would make a really good Wonder Woman. Lynda Carter could play the queen of Paradise Island. Zach Snyder could direct it. Or The Watchowski Brothers.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What kind of Wonder Woman theme are you wanting to hear? Modern rock could mean a whole bunch of genres. Because you have progressive rock. Fusion. New Age. Shoegaze. Grunge. Drum and bass. Jungle. Two-step. Acid rock. Techno. Hardstep. Etcetera.

I like the original. I liked the Red Hot Chili Peppers' (with Tricky) version. That drag queen version was cute. Hehehe. The house club versions have been played in the gay clubs in Asheville, NC.--I really think that it is overdone in that vein. They even show episodes of Wonder Woman sans dialogue while the house music is played.

I don't really think that it works in a hip hop genre. Or in country.

Well here's an idea:

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl had a similarly great theme song.

Here's an update of it I think comes close to what I'd like to hear with Wonder Woman: Electra Woman and Dyna Girl 2001

I'm not sure what the technical name of it would be. Something in a post-punk/power grrl motif, loud and hard with an updated sound that shouldn't lose its funk bassline.

Kallisti

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I was little, I wanted to be Wonder Woman. I need to get myself a costume and be ready to wear it this halloween... I can do the hair, eyes and I look damn good in a tiara. :)

Do that. And as far as I can tell, you're ready to wear it today if you have it. You've got the dark hair, the big boobs, and you're clearly a knockout.

And let's not forget the fact that a WonderWoman costume increases every woman's attractiveness by at least 35%