looking for advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ClayHead, Jul 6, 2007.

1. ClayHead

ClayHead New Member

Hi Everyone, it's great to have a place to seek advice and read about other's situations. I'm hoping you can help me... I've been married now for a few years and I'm kind of at wits end with my sex life. My wife and I fooled around a lot before we got married, but didn't actually have sex until the honeymoon. The first six months we were in the mood several times a day...then she got a job that kept her stressed out all the time and there was about a six month period when we didn't have sex at all. She now has a less stressful job but it's been difficult getting back in the swing of things. The more time that goes by, the worse she feels about it, and think that she has dissappointed me. I don't know what to do anymore...Is any of this normal for still somewhat newlywedds?

2. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    Welcome to the group, ClayHead!

Unfortunately stress can be a real "mood killer" which can lead to a sense of being disconnected from each other. Why not try to reconnect but without a view of having sex...give her a foot massage etc.? Almost as if you are wooing her all over again. I am certain that things can once again be the way that they are...it just takes patience, support and understanding...oh yes, and a whole lot of love!

All of the best!

3. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    be spontaneous....instead of contemplating what the two of you should...maybe a candle lit dinner for two...a nice romp in a jacuzzi.....also you might wanna try role playing....you take the initiative...tell her she has been a bad postal employee for losing ya mail and you are going to punish her...just use ya imagination....let us know how things work out if you accept any of the advice given bythe members..or even if you don't ..good luck....

4. smally

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i think it is normal to get in ruts... to tired/too stressed/ kids/ etc.

excellent tips from the 2 gents above.. maybe hold off on the postal employee fantasy; try something that doesn't involve gunplay.

5. ClayHead

ClayHead New Member

I really appreciate the advice. We actually have this weekend free, I'll try a romp in the jacuzzi...maybe even a foot massage. I'll let you know how it goes. thanks!

6. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Start dating her all over again. I'm serious.

7. ClayHead

ClayHead New Member

The only advice our marriage counselor gave me was to never stop dating my wife. Thanks Pecker!
    There was actually an article in the paper about that this morning...or was it on the today show...

8. Make'nItLong

Make'nItLong New Member

If she likes to (has time to) read, romance novels might help.

9. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    I second the whole 'date all over again' thing. Regardless of your orientation or your partner status, everyone likes to be wooed and wined and dined and basically made to feel special in a world where we are certainly not always made to feel so. Our partners should be where we get this from and it should not just stop when you have 'sealed the deal' by getting married or moving in or just getting to the stage where the casual fucking turns into something much more meaningful.

Draft saved Draft deleted