Looking for some advice.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by aqua-illusion, Jun 6, 2011.

1. aqua-illusion

Gold Member

Albums:
    OK, I've looked around on other websites and haven't really found anything to help me with my situation.

Okay so I'll call him Bob just for my story.

Bob started working at my company early this year, we didn't really have much interactions with each other, but recently my department developed a "team concept" and now am working with him everyday.

He is a good looking guy, tall, dark hair, light brown eyes, really handsome. I've never been so attracted to someone before. I know he's straight as he talked of having sex with women and going on dates with women, even feeling disgust for having tried the "fuck and chuck" relationship with a women. I of course secretly wish he was gay or bi but that's probably not going to be true.
    I have strong feelings for him that will probably not be reciprocated and I know this somewhere in my head. He is a hard person to read, even making friends with him is difficult, but he will be friendly one day and then standoff-ish the next.

I noticed in the last few weeks if we're in the lunchroom through my peripheral vision I'll see him looking at me and I purposely not look back in well...the fear of looking like a creeper. For example today at lunch, I noticed him looking at me in several occasions, but I don't know how to describe it, like..."I'm looking at you, please look at me back" kind of stares. He does NOT know I am Bisexual and no one in my office knows, although I know people suspect it. (Ok I'm a little fruity at times.)

But what I really am looking for advice is...how do you STOP being attracted to someone you work with EVERYDAY. And methods that other people suggest is not going to work as I need to maintain a working relationship with him.
    What I'd really like is if he liked me too...but I'm not going to hold my breathe so the next best thing is to TRY and be NOT attracted to him.

Any advice on turning off the attraction, in a "professional" way?
    Oh and yes, from his bulge and VPL I can tell he's well hung...which makes it all the more harder to stop looking at his crotch when I talk to him (which is hard when he's so tall, so I'd have to look at his beautiful eyes, lol)

2. killerb

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    same as any other crush that you're unable to act on...

try to spend that energy pursuing someone (outside the workplace) who is able to return those feelings...

and don't read so much into the way he looks at you...remain friendly but don't get any ideas.

good luck!

3. glorylive

glorylive New Member

similar situation here... but in uni not work :S

4. steveorleans

steveorleans New Member

So, you aren't that good of friends, you are at work, and he starts telling you his fucking habits? Odd.

5. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    Many years ago in a similiar situation where we had a new person that happened to be a female join an office crew of only males the Boss came to all of us males and held a meeting without her.

He informed us that no good ever comes from some in the same office/crew trying to peter the payroll.

We all complied and she was a real neat person to work with. No one put a rush on her and we all worked as a team. Of course we all developed outside interest and that was the very healthy for us all.

In summary, "Never attempt to peter the payroll!!!!!"

6. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tell him you would rather not discuss sex at work. It may cause you to appear a bit 'uptight' but that is preferable to being constantly uncomfortable. It's never a good idea to mix sex into workplace, no matter straight or gay.

Keep changing the subject to sports or other neutral topics when he brings up sex. He should only be talking about that sort of thing After work.

7. aqua-illusion

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well...technically we weren't at work, I took him out to lunch at a Restaurant and we were just talking, LOL. And he wasn't specifically talking about sex but somehow it came up, and when we ARE at work we don't talk about sex stuff...and actually our "Friendship" has gotten better in the last month or so I'd say.

It's really hard not to think about him in a "I want you" kind of way but...I'm work on it.

8. Tense0000

Tense0000 Active Member

Albums:
    Never shit where you eat. If this job is not important, whatever but it might be important to him and then it gets complicated. I would say a healthy jack-off filled with fantasies of him is better if you value your job.

Draft saved Draft deleted