looking for somewhere to move

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to move in the near future but I'm wondering where I should raise my daughter, I might even have one in the oven, lord knows I'm trying to have another.
I have a 17 year old who'd rather get high, I'm not worried about her, she was raised by her mother and all I can do know is wait for her to get clean.
Then I have a 14 mth old little girl who is the apple of my eye.
Also, I'm trying to have more children, I'm 6'3'' with dirty blond hair and blue eye's & my kids are beatiful.
Right now I live in a town that is very racist, I want to get away from that since I have a mixed child.
Here are some ideas I've had already, please add any ideas:)

P.S. When I find the final destination, my home is open to all my friends(LPSG included).

Attachments

Last edited:

Blorkin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Orange County. You are in California, close to the beach, nice area (it is called the bubble for a reason), great school systems in certain areas, relatively crappy weed, good schools. Down sides: its the bubble, rich area, expensive houses in certain areas (not to bad now but prices are rising up to what they used to be), mostly republican (this may or may not be a bad thing...I don't really have a problem with it). I live in seal beach and I personally love it. I will see if I can ask my parents for more info. We moved from the valley to OC because my parents did not want to risk me becoming involved in gangs and drugs and stuff.
If you have any specific questions message me and I will try to get an answer.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I recommend Lubbock Texas and Ketchikan Alaska or Bullhead City Arizona or Spokane Washington.

No idea where you currently live or what kind of climate you go for. Warm or cold? Do you like seasons changing or prefer almost the same all year long?

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to move in the near future but I'm wondering where I should raise my daughter, I might even have one in the oven, lord knows I'm trying to have another.
I have a 17 year old who'd rather get high, I'm not worried about her, she was raised by her mother and all I can do know is wait for her to get clean.
Also, I'm trying to have more children, I'm 6'3'' with dirty blond hair and blue eye's & my kids are beatiful.
Right now I live in a town that is very racist, I want to get away from that since I have a mixed child.

P.S. When I find the final destination, my home is open to all my friends(LPSG included).
Come up/over here to western kentucky. Low crime rate, low cost of living. Fairly decent school systems. Mixed race...not a problem. I know more here than I did when I live in Ga.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

Well, you can't go to the fucking moon. Humans have never set foot there, to hear some ignorant assholes tell it.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Have you thought of Michigan?

Granted, it's not a metropolis bustling with things to do, but it's a relatively safe place for your kids to grow up and learn, plus cost of living is relatively cheap and homes right now can be had for next to nothing.

Steer clear of Detroit and Flint.
Larger Cities with lots of potential but a bit more pricy:
Grand Rapids
Auburn Hills
Troy
Rochester Hills
Traverse City (Up north)
Ann Arbor

Middle sized cities that are affordable:
Bay City, Saginaw, Midland, Freeland, Shields, Swan Creek, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo (Kzoo),

I can't say I can recommend northern Michigan. Although very beautiful, it may not be a good learning environment for your kids. Traverse City Mabee...because the town is very diverse and has a large gay population.

Put your snow shoes on and come up north Eh!

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It might help if you explained what you're looking for in a town beyond the normal things (affordable, safe, not racist, etc.) Anything particular about Astoria and Bellingham? They're very different cities in a lot of ways -- size, economics, culture, politics (sorta), housing stock -- besides being near the water and in the same region. What pulls you toward some places over others?

Last edited:

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with YoungNative. I hear you that you don't want to raise your kids in some racist, crime-ridden hellhole, but that's kind of what you don't want out of where you live. What do you want out of where you want to raise your kids? Culture? Clean air? Nature? A big home? A cosy home? A big lot? Walkability? A multicultural neighbourhood? America's a big place, from what I hear, so I'm sure there's a lot to consider :)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Orange County. You are in California, close to the beach, nice area (it is called the bubble for a reason), great school systems in certain areas, relatively crappy weed, good schools. Down sides: its the bubble, rich area, expensive houses in certain areas (not to bad now but prices are rising up to what they used to be), mostly republican (this may or may not be a bad thing...I don't really have a problem with it). I live in seal beach and I personally love it. I will see if I can ask my parents for more info. We moved from the valley to OC because my parents did not want to risk me becoming involved in gangs and drugs and stuff.
If you have any specific questions message me and I will try to get an answer.
I lived in California back in '74, not the same place I remember.
I recommend Lubbock Texas and Ketchikan Alaska or Bullhead City Arizona or Spokane Washington.
No idea where you currently live or what kind of climate you go for. Warm or cold? Do you like seasons changing or prefer almost the same all year long?
I've actually been thinking about Spokane.
I like the four seasons.
Come up/over here to western kentucky. Low crime rate, low cost of living. Fairly decent school systems. Mixed race...not a problem. I know more here than I did when I live in Ga.
I was born in Kentucky, I do miss the mudskippers.
Well, you can't go to the fucking moon. Humans have never set foot there, to hear some ignorant assholes tell it.
I would say something but Oh yeah I just did.
Have you thought of Michigan?
Granted, it's not a metropolis bustling with things to do, but it's a relatively safe place for your kids to grow up and learn, plus cost of living is relatively cheap and homes right now can be had for next to nothing.

Steer clear of Detroit and Flint.
Larger Cities with lots of potential but a bit more pricy:
Grand Rapids
Auburn Hills
Troy
Rochester Hills
Traverse City (Up north)
Ann Arbor

Middle sized cities that are affordable:
Bay City, Saginaw, Midland, Freeland, Shields, Swan Creek, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo (Kzoo),

I can't say I can recommend northern Michigan. Although very beautiful, it may not be a good learning environment for your kids. Traverse City Mabee...because the town is very diverse and has a large gay population.

Put your snow shoes on and come up north Eh!
My fathers side of the family is from upstate New York, lake effect snow is no joke.
I used to live in Buffolo New York and one time it started snowing and it didn't stop.
Wherever I move the great lakes are always near my heart.
It might help if you explained what you're looking for in a town beyond the normal things (affordable, safe, not racist, etc.) Anything particular about Astoria and Bellingham? They're very different cities in a lot of ways -- size, economics, culture, politics (sorta), housing stock -- besides being near the water and in the same region. What pulls you toward some places over others?
I'm a military brat and I've lived all over the world, there's just something about the North West that appeals to me.
That and I used to live in Kelso/Longview so I know the area well.
I agree with YoungNative. I hear you that you don't want to raise your kids in some racist, crime-ridden hellhole, but that's kind of what you don't want out of where you live. What do you want out of where you want to raise your kids? Culture? Clean air? Nature? A big home? A cosy home? A big lot? Walkability? A multicultural neighbourhood? America's a big place, from what I hear, so I'm sure there's a lot to consider :)
Yes, much to consider since I plan on building my dream home myself.
Basically I'm looking for the land, my wife found 40 acres the other day just south of Seattle for $250,000.00 that are just amazing.

p.s. Thanks for all the replies;)

Last edited:

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've lived in Kansas City for 20 years and I love it. It has all the amenities of the bigger cities without being huge or losing it's community feel. Great schools, great culture, good local music, top-notch hospitals and colleges. If you like experiencing all 4 seasons this is a great place to do that also. White Christmas', colorful autumns, hot summers, green springs. Definitely worth checking out. :smile: This website will show you some of the cool things the city has to offer.

Kansas City : VisitKC.com

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've lived in Kansas City for 20 years and I love it. It has all the amenities of the bigger cities without being huge or losing it's community feel. Great schools, great culture, good local music, top-notch hospitals and colleges. If you like experiencing all 4 seasons this is a great place to do that also. White Christmas', colorful autumns, hot summers, green springs. Definitely worth checking out. :smile: This website will show you some of the cool things the city has to offer.

Kansas City : VisitKC.com
Thanks for the link, nice website;)

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, much to consider since I plan on building my dream home myself.
Basically I'm looking for the land, my wife found 40 acres the other day just south of Seattle for $250,000.00 that are just amazing.

If you like the northwest, that sounds like a good spot. And you can do a lot with 40 acres. Your kids could have the rural experience while having Seattle close-by. You wouldn't have the four seasons the way you would around the Great Lakes, but you wouldn't freeze to death from December through March, either. :)