Looking for sympathy!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Industrialsize, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    On Friday I had my 3rd shoulder surgery in 16 months. I had a large bone spur removed, 2 tears in my rotator cuff repaired, a ruptured biceps tendon re-attached, and a large fluid filled cyst excised. It hurts like a motherfucker. I need help getting dressed. I need to be bathed. I need my food cut for me. I consider myself a very active person but am having a really hard time adjusting to having to rely on others.

It's been a rough 16 months and I've had my ups and downs. Today is a DOWN day. My partner has to go out of town overnight so he's arranged for friends to come and "babysit" me, make sure i'm fed and clean. Intellectually i know I'll be getting better but today I'm having trouble seeing that. I've been on the verge of tears all day. I guess I need to vent and let some of this emotional shit out. Over the years here at LPSG I've had the privledge to "meet" many people who I now consider to be my friends. I just want to let them know what is going on.......that's all for now.

Thanks

#1 Industrialsize, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. naughty

Gold Member

Sweets,

I hear you. I am so sorry you are going through that . Feel free to let it out here. I am sure enough of us have gone through similar issues to be able to identify and feel your literal pain. Chronic pain can cause you to kick into depression. I really wish there was more I could do other than to send out well wishes but I hope you accept them they are heart felt.

3. B_Jennuine73

B_Jennuine73 New Member

That cheesy expression about it being darkest before the dawn is appropriate for you right now.
    I know how it feels to be vulnerable and have to rely on others. It's heart warming in a way, but depressing mostly.
    Glad you had your surgery and hope things look up for you soon.

4. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Im so sorry to hear this.I have back issues due to 2 car accidents.Nothing at all what your going thru but I can understand where your coming from.I hate to sound like a pill pusher,but sweetie.Take a vicoden.put on a good movie and just remember what my grandmother says to me.In one years time,will this matter? Cheer up.and I hope you feel better real soon.Much love Jason.

5. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, well, well... you were sure having some fun using that shoulder... what the hell happened? Are these long term overuse injuries? Yikes!!! The good thing is that you will be fixed and good as new bro!!!

I am pretty sure that you are aware that rotator cuff injuries don't heal worth a fuck and will eventually need corrective surgery.

Did all of this happen in one big injury or is this wear and tear over the years?

6. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    It was a combo of me having some deformed bones that chewed my rotator cuff and biceps tendon every time I exercised.......hopefully now that the bones have been fixed..all will be ok....thanks to those who've responded so far.....you made me cry......that's a good thing(My emotions are all raw and on the surface right now)

7. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

My thought and sympathy to you. After 7-bypasses last January, I was wondering if I would recover completely. I do know that after about a month, my first climax was wonderful - even if I did it myself. :smile:

8. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    It sucks to be active and self-sufficient then suddenly sedentary and dependent upon others. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and in the meantime be sure your caretakers spend extra time bathing your nether regions. :biggrin1: :bad2:

9. B_dumbcow

B_dumbcow New Member

Albums:
    :kiss: I'm sorry this has happened :hug:

Jason's grandmother has some good advice.

:kiss: Get well soon.

10. green carnation

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Poor dear. Apart from the feeling of physical uselessness you are experiencing please remember that anaesthetics can have a serious impact on our emotional state. So if you are feeling a bit down attribute some of it to this. After my last shoulder operation I plumeted into a depression, the worst part of it was not knowing/understanding why. Three weeks later one friend told me they knew of it happening to others and so did another friend. So dont worry, recuperate and remember that there are very good reasons for feeling the way you do, it isn't just your silly pride! I'm like you and dont like to ask others for things, but you are in need and I am quite sure you would be happy to help others so why not accept their helpas you would give yours. Chin up, Try to get some comfortable sleep (I have to admit I relied on heavy drugs for this, but boy did it help-I may be an addict now, but what the hey.Joke)

Good luck with your mend. We are thinking of you

11. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

:hug: Hope you feel better, Industrialsize!
    I know the pain of rotator cuff injuries, at one point, I couldn't raise my arm to shoulder height for months... so I know it isn't just the dressing, or eating, but even sleep hurts.

But this will pass, allow your body to rest, and know receiving help when you need it is ok. Once your mobility returns, and you're active again (pain free, woo hoo :)), you'll realize this rough patch that allowed your body to finally heal was worth it. :hug:

12. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am suffering from a rotor cuff injury right now, and thanks to your post, I now know what I could stand to expect!!

Anyway, take care of yourself. Lose yourself in some movie or DVD - or "pron", if that helps!

13. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Sorry to hear about your predicament and hope that you are well soon. If you are close to tears you should cry, it will make you feel much better. I wish you a speedy recovery. Thank God that you have loving people around you to help.

14. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

Indy, you know how I feel about you and it saddens me to know that you feel this way. You have done amazing so far...keep up the good work and this too will all be a memory. We all love and support one of LPSG's finest and know it won't be long until u are using that shoulder for other activities.

For now, let the babysitting begin! Hell, enjoy it. This is your time to be demanding and ask for everything and anything! Take advantage of it..it doesn't come too often! One day you will have to return the favor.

15. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wonder when your fan club president, Rico, has me scheduled for a turn tending to you?:wink:

16. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

You get the next shift kalipy!!!

17. koval

Gold Member

:hug: - gives Indy a hug and hopes he get better soon

18. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Industrialsize, you've always been nice to me, so here, have a warm pup snuffle and my best wishes that you are well again soon.

Pup, x

19. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    oh sweetheart! I am so sad to hear this. I know how difficult not being totally independant can be and how it can wear on you, but you gotta stay strong and try to keep a positive attitude about it all. Is there any way you could go outside (if its nice out of course) and lay in the sun or go for a quick walk? I know thats always a good pick me up for myself. I wish I was closer so I could offer you a helping hand, but since I'm not, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Have a speedy recovery! Hugs (gently)

20. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

:hug: ​

Industrialsize, i know exactly what you're going through! i had a big operation last year too and i will never forget how physically and emotionally draining it can be. you have nothing to worry because you will be just fine. try not to think about what you're limited to doing. just work on recovering, getting better, and restoring your health. you're in good hands and you're surrounded with friends who love and support you.

Draft saved Draft deleted