Looking like a man

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by Adam70, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Adam70

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hey All,

not sure this threat is in the right section but I was not sure where else to place it.

I have just completed my Masters Thesis!!!:biggrin1: Before I have it printed for final submission, I would like to include a quote on the first page. My thesis explores aspects of secrecy for men who use steroids ... in short, why do men who use it keep quiet about it? Bottom line, it explores how important it is for men to look like men ... on here it seems that the look/size of your penis is a very important part of this site ....

anyway, I was hoping someone can help me with a quote that says something about the importance of looking good/looking like a man/being vain/masculinity and looking etc etc by some or other famous person ...

Is it even ok to ask for something like that on here?
    Hope my request is clear ...

If you can help, please send me a private message with the quote.

Thanks.

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Well, when you look like a man (muscular etc) people are taking you more serious and have more expectations of you. They treat you more as an adult. I noticed this in the last few years that I have grown up.

3. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's illegal to use them without a prescription, at least in the USA.

4. JamieBoy

JamieBoy New Member

"He was walking down the crystal staircase... (now, into the depths of the city)"
    Madame Batolli: Promises

?Maybe?

5. TwasBrillig

TwasBrillig Member

Actually, you can use quotes. The following is from the U.S. Copyright Office:

How much of someone else's work can I use without getting permission?
    Under the fair use doctrine of the U.S. copyright statute, it is permissible to use limited portions of a work including quotes, for purposes such as commentary, criticism, news reporting, and scholarly reports. There are no legal rules permitting the use of a specific number of words, a certain number of musical notes, or percentage of a work. Whether a particular use qualifies as fair use depends on all the circumstances. See FL 102, Fair Use, and Circular 21, Reproductions of Copyrighted Works by Educators and Librarians.

6. thoswood

thoswood New Member

Interesting thesis subject-- hopefully you've explored the male need to take credit where credit is in no way due. If that possibility is explored, maybe this quotation would work.

"I remember the first time I had sex-- I kept the receipt." Groucho Marx

Draft saved Draft deleted