Looking like daddy has material rewards

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by clear, Jun 10, 2009.

1. clear

clear Member

Albums:
  2. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Makes perfect sense.
    Men have no way of being certain that the child they raise is their own... evidence supporting their biological fatherhood will result in men looking more confidently at the child as their legacy.

How many times have we heard about a guy raising or paying support to aa woman for a child that turns out to not even be his?

Women KNOW a child is theirs. Generally speaking, all the man has to go on are her word, and the appearance of the child.

ETA and a woman who has birthed a child that favors the father is more secure in her position... Her doting on the child that is the most indisputably the fathers is a good strategy for keeping the father feeling confident that the child is his.

#2 Phil Ayesho, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. clear

clear Member

Albums:
    I agree Phil.

This is both what I thought and suspected as well. In hindsight though, it is painfully obvious that these particular biological mechanisms are the only logical option for fathers- in general -who can't benefit from modern paternity test (or a faithful spouse for that matter). Alas, as unfortunate as it maybe for certain children, it appears- from an evolutionary standpoint at least -that this particular trait is necessary (in context of the aforementioned conditions of course).

Regards,

T.D.

Ciao-

4. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    misses the point that such factors are only gonna apply in cases where fathers give a shit about their kids in the first place. plenty won't-- whether the kids "look like" them or not.

5. clear

clear Member

Albums:
    A noteworthy point Dr Rock; however one which I hope can be safely assumed to be accounted for, within the studies findings and assertions/associations. Nevertheless, if this were not the case- in the very least -it would be in keeping with the observed tendencies (or dare I say insticts) of most all other "male" mammals (i.e. as noted in the article, "In 90 per cent of mammals, a father's investment ends in ejaculation...").

So in light of those particular details, can it be said that deadbeat fathers are truly guilty of neglect (or abandonment of parental duties), or simply the unwary participants of a more primitive nature- beyond their control?

Regards,

T.D.

Ciao-

6. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Plenty?

Really?

I know almost no men who do not care about their children.

I suppose they are out there, but I doubt seriously they represent even a significant minority.

Draft saved Draft deleted