Looking to buy a vibrator for my girlfriend- suggestions?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lol, whenever you say mitt i keep thinking of oven mitts and imagine you having a kitchen fetish!

*fondles bunch of celery* someone is angling for a celery spanking, young lady *tries to look stern and dommish... does not do well*

I have a pair of locking leather mitts, but thats another topic

true. but a very interesting topic, Mr. Freak

BRM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't want to go for a big toy to start with- definitely nothing bigger than me. Because she has a few problems taking me without some pain a lot of people have suggested starting small and slowly working our way up will help that, so that's what I'm looking at.

Thanks for everyone who's said they love their Hitachi wand, but I certainly won't be getting one of those for her first sex toy. It's just too intimidating to start off with. But maybe one day.

paradisefalls69

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The wand is for outside stimulation only...not to go undid the vajayjay! That would hurt... but for clitoral stimulation its amazing! Trust me i would never go back to a regular dildo! Lol but since its her first one the vibrations of the wand might be too strong so maybe try a rabbit... some women put a towel over the head of the wand as well so the vibrations aren't so strong but i like it without any towel or article of clothing in between!

paradisefalls69

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Another thing she might be interested in doing is going to a passion party or pure romance party...that way a consultant can show her a variety of toys and she can order one she in interested in, in private with just the consultant
..she'll be able to feel the strength of the vibrations in her hands with the vibrators and figure out which one shed most be interested in..

BRM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do know that the wand is for outside only- so it's not really what we're looking for either, since she wants to experiment with penetration.

I don't know if we have those parties in Australia, I haven't heard of them. But I'll look into it.

jupiter19

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In general women prefer external stimulation when masturbating with a toy or with her hands. In general men are obsessed with penetration. The question is, is this toy for her enjoyment or for yours! The true test is, if it's a toy she REALLY enjoys she'll use it on her own when you're not around. ;)

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah, it's hard to describe, but she can be very shy until she's introduced to something. So a lot of the time it's up to me to take the lead. She's keen to get a vibrator, but at the same time she's too shy to take that first step herself. I'm almost certain that once she has a sex toy of her own and enjoys it she'll be keen to look at more.

Understood. My first visit to an adult store was with a VERY shy friend. She only went in with me because she was scared to be left standing on a street in Sydney outside that kinda store by herself. We were only in there 2 minutes before she started begging me to go. So I grabbed what I'd been looking at at the time. Probably not the best first time experience for either of us :tongue:.

Money isn't really a problem, but the thought of bringing home quite a few toys the first time worries me a little. Seeing as she's a bit shy it might shock her to suddenly have a heap of sex toys given to her all at once. That's why I'm looking for something versatile, so she can slowly get used to having one, work out what she likes most and get more then.

Gotcha. I can see how that might be intimidating for her.

My thinking was along the lines of: if you have more than one type she can see what works for her and you probably won't have to go and buy another one for a while. After all, it would kinda suck if you bought her a toy and because it wasn't right for her she decided ALL toys wouldn't work for her.

You know her best. Trust your instincts. (I'd say ask her, but if she's that shy . . .).

Now what I'm thinking of getting is a traditional vaginal toy, not a rabbit or anything too fancy that will scare her off. She's quite happy stimulating her clit with her fingers, but she doesn't particularly like penetration with fingers, hers or mine. So something similar to a penis is what we're looking at, because a) she wants to experiment with penetration more on her own and b) those of you that have read my other posts will know that she's quite tight, and that causes some problems in the bedroom for us, so hopefully if she likes penetration with a traditional toy that could help her to slowly get used to penetration more. And she can still use a traditional toy to stimulate her clit if she wants, can't she?

Got it. You can certainly use a traditional toy for clit stimulation (it just means you can't have clit and vaginal at the same time).

A head shaped more like a penis is sensible. More pointy styles can hurt if you poke too hard with them (I've been known to do that for pleasure, but I suspect I'm a little more mad than your gf :tongue:).

Having read about your size issues in your other thread, make sure you check out the measurements given on online stores. Don't buy anything that doesn't have measurements stated. If you buy from Femplay, keep in mind that width measurements are for WIDTH, rather than circumference. For instance, the toy I buy is 3 CM in width, but 4 INCHES in circumference.

I don't want anything too focussed on stimulating her G spot, so will a traditional toy still be able to hit it?

My g spot and I are not friends, so I can't speak from experience, however from what I've gathered, they can.

I know vibes of the right length can hit my mid spot, without needing a special curve, so I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to do g spots as well.

Realistic doesn't matter too much, I was meaning realistic in sensation more than looks, because the one thing she loves more than anything is having me inside her, so that's the feeling I'm wanting to give her, although I realise nothing will ever match the real thing.

Ahh, okay. Seriously, vibrators do not feel realistic. They don't even feel a tiny bit realistic. Not even vaguely. Even the ones that are INTENDED to feel realistic, don't.

Considering everything above, it really does sound like something similar to the pink thing I linked to in my last post (the second pink thing, not the first) would be the way to go.

Am I on the right track?

Totally!!! You know so much about what she does and doesn't like, and you aren't just blindly going with the first thing suggested or the most popular suggestions. You're really stopping to think about what SHE would like. I'm quite envious of your gf right now :wink::tongue:.

And thanks for the link Subgirrl, I'm an Aussie too so I'll definately have a look at it!

I didn't even notice you were an Aussie :redface:.

In that case, use Femplay! They are a fantastic site. They're reasonably cheap compared to other sites - not the cheapest, but still cheap. They ship super fast, and their customer service is exceedingly good. One thing I love about that site - you can email them to ask them about particular toys. I would actually recommend that you email them to ask about the toy you decide on BEFORE you buy it. There is a link on each toy page. It says something like 'Ask Jennifer a question about this toy'. Ask if the particular toy you are buying is suitable for a first timer, and if not, if they can recommend any in particular. Maybe ask which toys are most popular with first time buyers.

I would like to say that slightly bigger is for sure much much much better. One of my fav dildos does not vibrate. It has a very thick head, slightly curved shaft and a rubber suction cup on the bottom! So many playtime options. And she can use something that vibrates as an added bonus. Two toys :)

The vibes/no vibes choice is certainly an individual thing. I know some women HATE toys that vibrate, but for me vibration is essential. If my first toy hadn't been a vibrating one I would have given up on toys forever. A non vibrating one is still useful if I'm playing with a partner, but if I'm playing alone, non vibrating does nothing at all for me.

I don't want to go for a big toy to start with- definitely nothing bigger than me.

What size are you? I was trying to find smaller than you when I was looking for toys to put in my last post, but not knowing your exact size makes it difficult.

Another thing she might be interested in doing is going to a passion party or pure romance party...that way a consultant can show her a variety of toys and she can order one she in interested in, in private with just the consultant
..she'll be able to feel the strength of the vibrations in her hands with the vibrators and figure out which one shed most be interested in..

The wand is for outside stimulation only...not to go undid the vajayjay! That would hurt... but for clitoral stimulation its amazing! Trust me i would never go back to a regular dildo! Lol but since its her first one the vibrations of the wand might be too strong so maybe try a rabbit... some women put a towel over the head of the wand as well so the vibrations aren't so strong but i like it without any towel or article of clothing in between!

Have you read anything the OP has said? He's said he doesn't want to buy a rabbit, and his gf is too shy to look at online stores. If she's too shy for that, she's certainly not going to be able to handle a toy party!

I don't know if we have those parties in Australia, I haven't heard of them. But I'll look into it.

We do. I know of people who have been to them. They're usually held in people's homes with just a small group of female friends. Rather like tupperware parties.

In general women prefer external stimulation when masturbating with a toy or with her hands. In general men are obsessed with penetration. The question is, is this toy for her enjoyment or for yours! The true test is, if it's a toy she REALLY enjoys she'll use it on her own when you're not around. ;)

I've known many women who use their toys for penetration. Personally, I would take penetration over clit stimulation every time (although I'll take both if I can get it!).

BRM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The toy will be for her enjoyment, we live 4 hours apart during the week so she will keep it during the week. She wants to experiment with penetration- to learn more about what feels best for her and to help her build up her endurance a little bit- at the moment she gets sore after 4 or 5 minutes when we have sex. But she doesn't really like penetration using fingers, so she wants to get a vibrator to see if she'll like that. And you're right- the true test will be if she keeps using it after she first tries it.

BRM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Understood. My first visit to an adult store was with a VERY shy friend. She only went in with me because she was scared to be left standing on a street in Sydney outside that kinda store by herself. We were only in there 2 minutes before she started begging me to go. So I grabbed what I'd been looking at at the time. Probably not the best first time experience for either of us :tongue:.

I can understand that, being from the bush Sydney scares me at the best of times.

My thinking was along the lines of: if you have more than one type she can see what works for her and you probably won't have to go and buy another one for a while. After all, it would kinda suck if you bought her a toy and because it wasn't right for her she decided ALL toys wouldn't work for her.

That's my biggest worry- if I don't get it pretty well right the first time it might put her off toys for good. Hence the reason why I've started this thread and am doing my research, plus really paying attention to what she likes and wants (not that I don't always do that anyway).

Got it. You can certainly use a traditional toy for clit stimulation (it just means you can't have clit and vaginal at the same time).

I'm pretty sure that she'll only be looking to do one at a time to start with, so that shouldn't matter.

A head shaped more like a penis is sensible. More pointy styles can hurt if you poke too hard with them (I've been known to do that for pleasure, but I suspect I'm a little more mad than your gf :tongue:).

That makes sense. I'd suspect you are Subgirrl, but we're both only starting off on our sexual adventures too, so who knows where we may end up!

Having read about your size issues in your other thread, make sure you check out the measurements given on online stores. Don't buy anything that doesn't have measurements stated. If you buy from Femplay, keep in mind that width measurements are for WIDTH, rather than circumference. For instance, the toy I buy is 3 CM in width, but 4 INCHES in circumference.

Will definitely be checking measurements, I want to know exactly what I'm getting her.

What size are you? I was trying to find smaller than you when I was looking for toys to put in my last post, but not knowing your exact size makes it difficult.

I'm about 7 x 6, so more girthy than lengthy.

Ahh, okay. Seriously, vibrators do not feel realistic. They don't even feel a tiny bit realistic. Not even vaguely. Even the ones that are INTENDED to feel realistic, don't.

Yeah, I can understand that. Maybe I should say I'm just looking for as close to realistic as possible ie. I don't want something with a pencil thin shaft and a huge head or something with a 45 degree bend in it.

Considering everything above, it really does sound like something similar to the pink thing I linked to in my last post (the second pink thing, not the first) would be the way to go.

I'm also thinking that way too, it seems to fulfill pretty much all my decided criteria so I think it may be a pretty good choice.

I didn't even notice you were an Aussie :redface:.

In that case, use Femplay! They are a fantastic site. They're reasonably cheap compared to other sites - not the cheapest, but still cheap. They ship super fast, and their customer service is exceedingly good. One thing I love about that site - you can email them to ask them about particular toys. I would actually recommend that you email them to ask about the toy you decide on BEFORE you buy it. There is a link on each toy page. It says something like 'Ask Jennifer a question about this toy'. Ask if the particular toy you are buying is suitable for a first timer, and if not, if they can recommend any in particular. Maybe ask which toys are most popular with first time buyers.

That's awesome, being able to ask questions will help heaps!!! I don't mind the cost- service and features matter more to me.

Totally!!! You know so much about what she does and doesn't like, and you aren't just blindly going with the first thing suggested or the most popular suggestions. You're really stopping to think about what SHE would like. I'm quite envious of your gf right now :wink::tongue:.

Thanks Subgirrl, I do really try. That's one thing that makes our relationship so great, that we take the time to learn about each other and talk about everything. I'm not someone who jumps blindly into anything, I always do my research, so this isn't any different. Thank you so much for all your help too, it's been invaluable for an inexperienced bloke like myself. I'll keep you updated!!

jakesph

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you were to ask us my fiancee loves her jimmy jane form 2! Next up is the form 4 which can be used both internally and externally. Great products and great customer service.