Looks like Joe Wilson was right.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm a rep and a small buisness owner and I want them out. i will not press one for english.! if they come here legally and embrace our culture language etc anstead of changing it and be more assett than burden then I welcome anyone.

I agree! St Patrick's Day and Columbus Day are thoroughly un-American!

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I say we just throw the borders open and let people sort themselves out. Yes, it would be a mess for awhile, but not forever. Not every person born in Mexico wants to live in the states and a lot of U.S. citizens who live at the borders, retirees and adventure types would love to have easy frequent access. As I see it, freedom is as a rule superior to any alternative.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I say we just throw the borders open and let people sort themselves out. Yes, it would be a mess for awhile, but not forever. Not every person born in Mexico wants to live in the states and a lot of U.S. citizens who live at the borders, retirees and adventure types would love to have easy frequent access. As I see it, freedom is as a rule superior to any alternative.

I disagree. For one thing, it would be a national security nightmare.

And even if one disregards the security issue, I want a border that is well-defended and efficiently administrated. Whatever the criterion for admission is, it should be met. Ditto for the path to citizenship. Our nation was founded on immigration, and so let it continue. But do it right. Keep track of who's coming and going. Eliminate "illegal" aliens, and thus eliminate the stigma of "illegal" aliens.

If we're "full" for awhile, the line forms here.

Let's have some order and efficiency.

Such is my pipe dream.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So the illegal immigrant who does all your shit work for minimum wage, gashes his artery doing your yardwork because you and your trophy wife and indulged sprogs couldn't move some dangerous object. Let him bleed to death in your yard or you might have to pay him compensation. American Christians are so smug.

Ericsson1228d

Experimental Member
Media
So the illegal immigrant who does all your shit work for minimum wage, gashes his artery doing your yardwork because you and your trophy wife and indulged sprogs couldn't move some dangerous object. Let him bleed to death in your yard or you might have to pay him compensation. American Christians are so smug.

If he didn't BREAK THE LAW by being here, it would have never happened.
As far as I am concerned, an injury received during the commission of a crime should not have ANY insurance footing the bill.

If a robber breaks into my house and gashes his leg on the broken sliding glass door and is bleeding profusely, do I call the paramedics or the police?

I don't know about you, but I call the police...and dial very slowly.....

Bodaddio

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

No he goes to the emergency room and gets treated, then gets to go back to Mexico a rich man after he sues you.

Which laws do we get to reward people for breaking and which ones are we going to enforce?

Cheers

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

One small correction: the worker is paid less that minimum wage. I doubt there's a landscaper in South Florida who's working legally.

Ajacoid

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There's no reason to think that even if an amnesty is granted that the previous illegals will immediately become citizens.

Wanna bet? Of course they will get citizenship. They represent throngs of new Dem voters!

I for one, as a naturalized American, will be asking for a refund on all the fees I had to pay when going through my green card process and subsequent citizenship process. Thousands of dollars I had to pay for what these law breakers will be getting for free.

Media
Wanna bet? Of course they will get citizenship. They represent throngs of new Dem voters!

I for one, as a naturalized American, will be asking for a refund on all the fees I had to pay when going through my green card process and subsequent citizenship process. Thousands of dollars I had to pay for what these law breakers will be getting for free.

Wow. You disagree that there is a stage between being illegal and a citizen, then you point out that you were in that state at some point. Doesn't that disconnect make your head hurt?

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Where do you come up with such shit you smug European?
Accusing someone here of such behavior?
Or someone else?
Or did you just make it up to try to make a point?
When trying to prove something facts are useful. Fiction is not.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Obama apparently deceived the American people last week when he vowed that illegal immigrants will not be covered under his healthcare reform proposal, but thats because he did not mention his intent to grant amnesty to them first, thus making them "legal" and eligible for his plan. Change we can belive in folks.

Obama: Legalize illegals to get them health care - Washington Times

You numbskull.

If they are legal, then they are NOT illegal.
Ergo, it wasn't a lie.

And the OTHER thing that makes you a pathetic tool of misinformation...
If they are LEGAL... then they PAY TAXES... and they PAY FOR HEALTHCARE...
ergo- they don't get anything for "free"- they are in the exact same boat as YOU, having to foot the bill for themselves.

So the bill says Illegals can't get covered... and legals have to pay just like everybody else....
See how following a thought all the way thru could have prevented you from look like a stooge?

nimrod

Oh, and, GW Bush wanted to grant amnesty to illegals, too.

Ajacoid

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow. You disagree that there is a stage between being illegal and a citizen, then you point out that you were in that state at some point. Doesn't that disconnect make your head hurt?

I'm sorry that a box of rocks has the upper hand on you. The Dems will make sure these people will go straight from illegal to citizen.

D_Fletchyer Flagpole

Sexy Member
Media
As the article points out, those individuals not living legally in the US as of or since 08/26/96 are ineligible for federal assistance programs. However, there are many lawfully permanent resident aliens who are waiting final processing of their citizenship applications from ICE--Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Reading this article makes me believe Obama is trying to fix some of the backlogs within the present system to allow the agency to finally process these applications. This is the same thing President Bush attempted to do after the events of 9/11. He did so in an attempt to prevent persecution of those lawfully in the country but also awaiting processing.

D_Fletchyer Flagpole

Sexy Member
Media

AJ, as a naturalized citizen, you should definitely be able to understand the steps required to become a U.S. citizen. It is a very long, tedious and cumbersome process. Not knowing when you became a citizen, your processing was more than likely difficult, but may not have been as long as the process during or after 1996 when the immigration laws changed.

Since 9/11, the process has only become more lengthy and rigorous--understandably. However, just for the moment, say you were one of the lawfully residing permanent resident aliens awaiting processing. You've done everything required legally to become a US citizen. Unfortunately, the wheels of government turn slowly---VERY slowly. Now say you were awaiting processing, but became ill during the process. You're a lawfully admitted permanent resident--LAPR--probably with work authorization, so you're more than likely working. More than likely in an unskilled laborer's position. Your employer may provide health insurance, but you probably wouldn't be able to afford it.

My question: why, if you've done everything legal to become a citizen and you're only awaiting processing of your citizenship application, should you not be allowed access to health care?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I'm a rep and a small buisness owner and I want them out. i will not press one for english.! if they come here legally and embrace our culture language etc anstead of changing it and be more assett than burden then I welcome anyone.

Well THANK GOD! somebody here has the balls to just come on out and say it without mincing words, and dancin' around technicalities.

It don't have SHIT to do with legal or illegal status...Just "want them OUT". How dare they come here (all under the radar and shit, not with fanfare and open arms, mind ye) and want to become legalized citizens too? The gall!!

Hell, next thing ya know they'll be wantin' to vote too!

D_Fletchyer Flagpole

Sexy Member
Media

Big_E--Study your history. This country was founded and built by immigrants. I can imagine your point of view if you are 100 per cent American Indian. Imagine how they felt when those trashy white men came here to THEIR country, stole THEIR land and forced them to speak English!! Many people, from many races and nationalities--perhaps even yours--helped build the country to where it is today. I'm just sayin'.