looks small from the front?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by LemacST, Jul 13, 2007.

1. LemacST

Gold Member

measuring from the top, I am average (somewhere between 6-6 1/2") but when I look at my dick in a mirror directly ahead , it looks like it's maybe 5" long. I'm assuming this is due to the slight upward curve my penis makes. Does this mean my top measuring isn't acurate? When I measure from the side along with the curve, I can sometimes get up to like 6 3/4".

The penis is such an awkward thing to measure.

2. LongRod

LongRod New Member

No, you need to take all these measurements add them up and divide by the number of measurements, then use that average.

3. LemacST

Gold Member

This is what I usually get:

top: 6 1/4-1/2"
    side: 6 3/5"-6 3/4"

I won't factor in the bottom since I think that's ridiculous but if I do measure, that's like 7 1/4" maybe.

Girth is never constant but always over 5" but less than 5 1/2".

Basically, all of these averaged out make for like 6 1/2" x 5 1/4".
    For some reason, or maybe I'm just too hard on myself, but if I'm not like 100% hard and I look down to my dick and it's like 5.948234923" long, I feel like I'm bullshitting myself about my size, even though I KNOW that it'll grow as long as I just described above if I'm 100% erect.

Some bitch called me small a while ago and it really messed with my head. I believed I was for a long time until I got educated on the subject and realize that even though I'm not "big", I'm not small either--I'm average by anyones standards, even factoring in the not being fully erect thing. Even knowing this though, it still caused a lot of psychological damage to me (sex and things related to sex have always been my favorite hobby) so thinking that I had a small dick in relation with all men was pretty devestating.

I've grown a lot since and have become much more comfortable with myself, I just have to get back in the sex game to really solidify things, I think. It kind of reminds me of back when I was convinced I had an ugly body. Someone told me that out of their own insecurities and I believed them. I refused to take my shirt off infront of people and I felt very scrawny and ugly. I remember once though looking at myself in the mirror while under different lighting in my room and thinking, "Hmm...my body really doesn't look bad. Why would people think this?" I finally grew some balls and started going out to the beach and other places without my shirt on, and guess what? I was checked out/approached/hit on by many girls. It continues till this day (that was years ago).

I feel this is the same thing with my dick. I just have to go out and start having sex again, I guess. I'm very comfortable with every other aspect about my sexual game (with reasons to be), so I don't know what the deal is. I guess I'm just more sensitive/impressionable than other people, I'm still kind of young.

4. benderten2001

Gold Member

lemacST, I can sure relate to your posts here and-- this particular topic.

I understand exactly where you're coming from about the illusions of how you both view and perceive yourself.

I find myself constantly saving an empty TP tube and holding the thing up next to mine and looking in the mirrror. Huh! I think. THEN, I hold that TP tube out in front of my eyeballs and think...WOW ! I am slightly longer (limp) than this thing. And, thicker too!

But then----I get to thinking....Naaaah! It can't really be. CAN it? (Then, I'll retry the whole comparison thing over again and ....well, you know) :mad:

Often, I think of calling 'em to go on and just haul me away. I'm hopeless, it seems! :biggrin1:

What helps men like us---those who have these self image issues so deeply engrained into us, is to have occasions where we are affirmed, validated, and accepted INTIMATELY by another person. When that occurs with geniuine sincerity (when someone else demonstrates we're good enough, big enough, and able to meet THEIR needs as well), much of our anxiety will go away. When we find that in a personal relationship and it becomes sexual. THAT'S when it will all come together for us.

This forum, for all its good, isn't always the best place to 'feel good about ourselves". --THAT'S the negative. :rolleyes:

But the POSITIVE :smile: ...is that we have the chance to read of others' similar emotional plights and (hopefully) can come away knowing we're not by ourselves in our inabilities to feel good about ourselves.

It boils down too, to overcoming psychological damages inflicted (somehow) earlier in life. And these aren't overcome easily. If it took years for us to have such wrong thinking about ourselves take root, then understandably, it's going to take time to "undo" those wrong mindsets.

As to that measuring stuff :wink: ....I'm of the opinion that measuring from the top, and holding the penis downward as you measure to accomodate any curvature, should suffice. After all, the medical profession uses this approach and THEIRS should be (it seems to me) THE STANDARD any of us would even want to use for determining an accurate measurement.

Draft saved Draft deleted