loonier than ever

jerkin4-10: ad space...what kind of JACK ass are you?...the song has something to do with looney toons...'the topic of the thread'...its not written by anyone i know...nor do i receive any royalties...so by the nature of your comment...'ad space'...your stupid AGAIN...its a funny song about elmer fudd...a LOONEY TOON character... i downloaded it off the internet for Gods sake...its funny...it has to do with looney toons...whats your fucking problem?

jerkin4-10: if anyone is offended by my offering this funny song about a looney tune character...my apologies...i heard this on the radio some time ago...and looked it up on napster...i have no idea who wrote/recorded it...but its a real hoot...i dont want anything for it...im not advertising it...but it does go along with the theme of the thread...elmer fudd of looney tunes...

kill the wab-it
kill the wa-bit
kill the wabbit...

str8_nnj: ...of course...
But treasure them while you can
Soon Wile E will be prevented from chasing the Roadrunner.
Daffy will definately have to make amends with Bugs

Speaking of sexual overtones.....One that I always tell people to watch for is the one where Bugs meets the Bear family...on the "goldielocks" theme....ya know.. who's been sleeping in my bed
In a few scenes where the bear family are gathering around the kitchen table..theres a calender on the wall
with a nude woman bending over at a stream...
:eek: .....obviously a sign of the times ..the 50's ..with pin-ups..

str8_nnj: Whoops..sorry..as far as a favorite..without a doubt
Daffy..wether as a bellhop with the weiry traveler who wants nothing but sleep...or Elmers trusted sidekick watson in the british pub after the "slasher"...with the line.."Ok you take over" after the slasher squeeze's his neck to look like a string of link sausages...or when he marrieds the "little lady" with the kid named "junior" and she tells him to take junior to the park and he winds up at the shooting gallery shooting ducks and the kid is shooting the operator of the stand with another gun.....so Daffy figures it out and he shouts out "BANG" and points to the kid..only to be drilled by the operator...just classic
They'll never make them as funny as the "classics"

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually str8, in the short,Deduce, you say., Daffy was parodying Sherlock Holmes as Dorlock Holmes. Elmer wasn't in it. Porky Pig was in it as Watkins.

But yeah, Daffy has provided the Looney Tunes with some of the good shorts trying to be a hero. My favorite is Drip Along Daffy where Daffy plays a hapless sheriff, and Porky is his Comic relief. My favorite part of it is when the villain Nasty Canasta orders a rut gut drink for them. The bartender after mixing all kinds of toxic stuff in it then drops two ice cubes in with tongs. When they hit the drink, they hop away yelping and jump into a glass of water which hisses.  After Daffy passes it off to Porky and nothing happens at first, he orders another, gulps it down, and after a second of pausing, his eyes start spinning, his hat brim flattens out, and he starts to vocalize "Mary had a little lamb" with Porky. They start catatonically marching down the bar like wind up toy soldiers, and Daffy's gun shoot a hole in floor, he falls into it, rockets  him into the air and falls down gently with a parachute, looks at Nasty Canasta and says softly, "I hate you."
;D :D

str8_nnj: ....I stand corrected Thank you
ok but grant me this..Porky was wearing a mustache.

jerkin4-10: marvin martian is still looking for that uriddium space modulator...

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I have several .wav files that vary from sounding like the Martian says "Illudium Pew-36 Explosive Space Modulator" to "Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator." I used to have all the Martian cartoons on VHS but an accident ruined much of my 800+ Looney Tunes collection.

Heck, Marvin never had a name until years later when Chuck Jones had to have a name to call him in research.

Pecker

I bought one of those new pre-decorated Christmas trees. Turns out it had bagworms.

jerkin4-10: wow...thats WAY more information than anyone should know...LMAO...good job with the details... :)

TragicWhiteKnight: I guess Looney Tunes were what kids obsessively learnt details from before The Simpsons happened. And when it comes to them, you can just point out anything and say "A wizard did it".

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually, Pecker, I was watching the old Bugs Bunny Road Runner movie, and the close captioning was on, don't ask me why, but still, it did read, aludium pu 36 explosive space modulator. If you pump up the volume and listen very carefully, you can tell that's the way they sound it out.

Strange thing though in Duck Dodgers In the 24th and a half Century with Daffy Duck, The name still has the word Aludium in it, but also the word Fosdex for the shaving cream atom.

(As Marvin the Martian) OOH! Isn't that lovely, hmm? :D ;D :)

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just wondering out there: The new Warner Bros. movie, Looney Tunes: Back in action is due out in few weeks. Anyone still get into that kind of comedy?
I enjoy things like this from time to time it helps me get out of myself and escape into a world of nonreallity.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I enjoy things like this from time to time it helps me get out of myself and escape into a world of nonreallity.
Yeah, dig it. The gratuitous violence in those cartoons might be unacceptable here today, but back then, it was a release valve for all who watched it.
And plus, you got quality animation from old masters of cartoon. Not this hyped out, non fluid import stuff.