Loose Clothing & Men's Modesty

mindstar

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SlickWilly said:
while we're on the subject... someone needs to teach girls how to dress as well. Everywhere I go, I see these mid-teen to mid-20s girls (who are typically about 20 to 40 pounds overweight) wearing skintight hiphugger jeans that do NOTHING to flatter their figure & have rolls of flab spilling out everwhere. They seem to finish it off with a short, tight top that lets their belly hang out for all to see. This is attractive?

we call them muffintops...

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
SlickWilly said:
I see these mid-teen to mid-20s girls wearing skintight hiphugger jeans & have rolls of flab spilling out everwhere. They seem to finish it off with a short, tight top that lets their belly hang out for all to see.

I was going to mention this. On the other hand, it seems anything goes, which is cool, as long as you can flaunt it, you can wear it.

MusclePrinceXXX

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ugh, I can't stand baggy clothing. I used to wear a lot of baggy clothes way back when I was in high school. Then I discovered the beauty of high end fashion.

I understand that America is getting fatter and that clothes need to be catering to fat people. But still, there are certain people out there (like me) who still prefer to wear sexy, clingy, skin-tight clothing. I'm sorry, but I've nearly killed myself to get the body that I've always wanted and because of that, I prefer to wear clothes that will show off my physique, not cover it up.

I simply can't stand how modesty has made it into a lot of the American fashions. Not only is it sickening...but it scares me. But you know another reason why so many clothes are going baggy? I believe that it all stems down to the fact that America still has a Puritan streak. I've looked at many of the fashions of Europe and most of them, are less modest than many of the American fashions.

SORRY...but I'll never give up my skimpy clothes for NOBODY in a million years. If people have a problem with the way I dress, they can just kiss my ass. End of story.

It's a damn shame that we still live in a society with sexless prudes who don't like fit people showing curves, bulges, and a lot of skin. :mad:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I pretty much agree with the points systemshock made re. this trend. Add to that the overweight issue pointed out by j.black, especially in African American society where much of the "hip hop oversized clothes" look originated. We've even come to describing undeniably obese people in terms of a more politically correct "newspeak". Now we use words like "thick", BBW/BBM etc. Therefore the big clothes look is another form of confirmation for such.

As others here have noted, I also tend to ignore such fashion trends and go my own way. I do find however that I wear looser fitting clothing on the job (mainly because of the nature of it) so as to obscure as best as possible any "bulges" and the like.

Barring any new major socio/cultural/musical revolution on the order and scale of the present movement, I fear that the current look (and associated behaviors) is here to stay, for awhile at least.