Loose skin

Walktheplank

Loved Member
Media
Ok so I've been on my weightloss journey for about a month now and everything is going really really well, I started at about 300 lbs and just this past weekend I weighed in at 276!!! I was extremely excited to see the numbers going down until I realized something....that I'm losing weight too fast and at this rate I'm going to be a blob of skin...I'm going to start strength training next week, but I'm hoping for other tips and tricks that I can use to make sure that I won't have too much loose skin later on...I've accepted that I might have some because i have over 100 lbs to lose, but if can limit that in any way I would love to know.

Reactions: BillM

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Ok so I've been on my weightloss journey for about a month now and everything is going really really well, I started at about 300 lbs and just this past weekend I weighed in at 276!!! I was extremely excited to see the numbers going down until I realized something....that I'm losing weight too fast and at this rate I'm going to be a blob of skin...I'm going to start strength training next week, but I'm hoping for other tips and tricks that I can use to make sure that I won't have too much loose skin later on...I've accepted that I might have some because i have over 100 lbs to lose, but if can limit that in any way I would love to know.
First of all... Congratulations! I used to be 300 pounds myself and changing that was the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's awesome to see other people taking control of their bodies. Good on you!
As for the loose skin... Unfortunately, a lot of it is out of your hands. Some people's skin simply more elastic than others. Age has something to do with it, for sure... Hydration/moisture do, too... but it's largely genetic. I had dry/dehydrated skin when I lost the bulk of my weight... and I ended up with loose skin in my midsection where I carried the bulk of my weight. I also had quite a lot in my arms and inner thigh area... I have put on a LOT of muscle since I started and have mostly dealt with the awful batwings on my arms. I still see some but most people don't notice at all (to the extent that I get complimented on my arms on a regular basis... which is absurd since they were one of the fattest areas and I was *sure* I was going to have to have surgery there). My inner thighs have improved immensely with muscle growth as well... but there's simply nothing I can do about my midsection other than surgery. So... you can fix some of it by filling it up. Just depends on where you end up with it and how much muscle you want to put on.

Attachments

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Loose skin is the bane of my existence right now . Being laid up after a severe car accident , i weighed in at nearly 400 pounds . I have lost 135 pounds , but am working at loosing 40-50 more . At my age , skin elasticity is not as it used to be , though exercise is filling out my arms and legs . A straight friend of mine , who had a similar problem , suggested small boat sailing as an exercise for tightening the middle and backside areas , citing the fact , that the strenuous effort required ( banking ) to keep the vessel upright and level , actually helped him to tighten up considerably . He went on to say , that because one is having so much fun/exhilaration , the pain factor is barely noticeable , so I think I will give that a try . He certainly looks better than he did .

Walktheplank

Loved Member
Media
Just to keep everyone updated, I've lost 35 lbs so far, I have never felt so amazing in my entire life!!! I'm happy and ready for each day!!! It started out hard but I've actually grown to prefer the way I'm eating now to how I used to eat!!! I've also seen some changes with my penis as well!!! it's thicker, and harder, and maybe a tiny bit of length has come back!!! I'm super excited!!

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Preparation H? The haemorrhoïd crème? I can not imagine it has ány effect on loose belly skin or so. I think that is a fairytale.
It temporarily works on the face....perhaps it does on the loose body skin as well....depending on how much skin is there.

Dutchstud

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It temporarily works on the face....perhaps it does on the loose body skin as well....depending on how much skin is there.

Ow... That is new to me, well I will try some anal crème on my face then after nights with little sleep. I remember there was a craze about snail slime on Tell Sell, it absolutely had a tightening effect on the face, uncomfortably tight even. But I am afraid loose skin from belly or love handles will not disappear with any crème.