Lord of the Rings

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Pope thread in this forum went way off topic into Dr. Rock's 'smile' and the Lord of the Rings movies. A while back, I saw a very funny take-off of the LOTR movies and juts have to share the link with you.

Lord of the Rings, Really Short Edition

Enjoy! :lol:

LapDog :9 :p :9

orionsword57:
Originally posted by naughty@Apr 26 2005, 08:08 PM
Naughty
[post=305254]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry to invade this thread, naughty, but tried to send you a return PM and got this message:

"This message can not be sent because the recipient does not have permission to use the personal messenger"

Do you have a problem?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by orionsword57+Apr 27 2005, 12:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orionsword57 &#064; Apr 27 2005, 12:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-naughty@Apr 26 2005, 08:08 PM
Naughty
[post=305254]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry to invade this thread, naughty, but tried to send you a return PM and got this message:

"This message can not be sent because the recipient does not have permission to use the personal messenger"

Do you have a problem?
[post=305313]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Thank Orion,

I guess I do&#33; I didnt know it but I do now. I will ask Mr Mark about it. Try it again. I think my box might have been full. IF that doesnt work then I will email Mr Mark.

Naughty

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love that everytime I see it. Even though I read the books and have watched the movies an uncountable number of times, THAT idea never occurred to me.

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Someone had a good (sort of) explanation for why that wasn&#39;t done, but I can&#39;t remember it.

Ummm....you Tolkienites might remember?

AverageJoe6

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by steve319@Apr 27 2005, 02:28 PM
Someone had a good (sort of) explanation for why that wasn&#39;t done, but I can&#39;t remember it.

Ummm....you Tolkienites might remember?
[post=305335]Quoted post[/post]​
Maybe because the Ring wanted to be found

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Remember the Nazgul....

Even if every single eagle attacked, I doubt they could deal with the 9. The only way they got in was through surprise and the armies were already engaged and pulled away from Mount Doom.

ravenously:
Originally posted by Altairion@Apr 27 2005, 05:06 PM
Remember the Nazgul....

Even if every single eagle attacked, I doubt they could deal with the 9. The only way they got in was through surprise and the armies were already engaged and pulled away from Mount Doom.
[post=305488]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, thats what I was going to say. Geuss you beat me to Altairion. Any way I LMFAO ed.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That was such a freakin&#39; awesome trilogy. I felt such a void when I was done reading it....I wanted more.

I was the most sad to see that the whole Shire bit at the end of the third book wasn&#39;t put in the movie. But I understand the time constraints. I think Jackson did a great job anyway.

I&#39;d love to see him do the Hobbit as well.

ravenously:
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 27 2005, 09:42 PM
That was such a freakin&#39; awesome trilogy. I felt such a void when I was done reading it....I wanted more.

I was the most sad to see that the whole Shire bit at the end of the third book wasn&#39;t put in the movie. But I understand the time constraints. I think Jackson did a great job anyway.

I&#39;d love to see him do the Hobbit as well.
[post=305590]Quoted post[/post]​

Good news TAG&#33; JRR Tolken has writen other books on middle earth, and his son, Christopher, has compiled a lot of his notes into other books.

you might like The Simmerilian and Return of the Shadow. The first is by JRR,and is about middle earth several thousand years before the first war of the ring. Return of the Shadow is a compilation of JRR tolkens notes and alternate chapters, compiled and w/ commentary by Christopher Tolken. :D

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I actually have the Silmarillion and have tried to read it. It just didn&#39;t do the same for me that the LOTR trilogy did. I haven&#39;t tried the other though.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Apr 28 2005, 12:28 PM
I actually have the Silmarillion and have tried to read it. It just didn&#39;t do the same for me that the LOTR trilogy did. I haven&#39;t tried the other though.
[post=305739]Quoted post[/post]​

The Silmarillion is a tough read. While the words were written by J. R. R. Tolkien, Christopher J. R. Tolkien is responsible for the editing. He had to sort through often several versions of the same story to compile the accounts contained in The Silmarillion. The finished product lacked the polish that J. R. R. Tolkien would have given it had he still been alive. My personal recommendations for further Tolkien reading would be Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl, Sir Orfeo (they are contained in a single book), Roverdam, and Tales from the Perilous Realm (a collection of his most well-known modern fairy tales).