Los Angeles Meetup II, 21 June 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Fernando_T

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
who said i dont like gay people? Ive been on this site for years, I just changed my SN

I dont appreciate logging into the site and getting threatening emails from somebody like you buddy

if there were enough str8 men and women in attendance I would show up FYI hence I've been following the thread...relax oh fearless leader, I wont piss on your parade

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i've asked the moderator to close this thread.

i NEVER threatened anyone, in a PM, or otherwise. fernando_t wrote to me that lpsg is for "a bunch of internet losers". i've been trying my best to take the high road in dealing with this. i tried to handle it privately, to no avail.

i thought it would be fun for some of us to get together.

you know what, i'm out of this thing. i have NO INTEREST in trying to organize this event anymore. IT'S CANCELLED.
SOMEONE ELSE CAN DO IT. I'M SERIOUS.

Last edited:

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Why? Not enough takers? Too much bs?

Just curious. :redface:

all that and more. when something that should be fun turns into a nightmare,
it's time to move on. somebody else can do it. i gave it a shot.

when something you really look forward to, turns into feelings of dread, just move on.
it's a fucked up world and l.a.'s part of it.

Last edited:

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Blimey mate it's only been a week and it's still ages away!
Surely far too soon to give up on it!?!?

Other than what you've done, ie announce the venue and book it, all that's left is sit back and wait for the rsvps!

Many get anxious about meeting IRL but they'll get there and be gald they made the effort! But it'll take more than a week for them to come round!

Chill!

Worst that can happen is you'll have a quiet night with just a few people, but Barneys is great fun anyway si eveb that ain't that bad!

Don't give up! :wink:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The Los Angeles MeetupII has not been canceled but is now under reconsideration. This thread is being locked at the request of the OP for a short period.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
novice_btm has graciously agreed to handle the final arrangements for the event in June...Offroad8X6 has done a fantastic job laying the groundwork for this event.
I can say from my own two experiences with events like this in New York, they are fun and relaxed it's just a great way to meet some new people who seem like old friends.
I would like to ask a favor...if you have no interest in this event or have nothing relevant to add to the content of this thread, try to refrain from posting.
Thank you.
I hope my schedule works out and I can attend!

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am very glad it is still going on. I hope my questions didnt cause any friction. I was just confused about the event is. I have been thinking about it for a couple days now. Who knows, I may just show up. (probably in secret because Im such a wuss)

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So just to summarize everything in one post-

Los Angeles Meetup II & Summer Kick-Off
When: 21 June 2009, 3 P.M. till ??
Where: Barney's Beanery
8447 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, California

RSVP by PM to novice_btm , offroad8x6 OR DJG by 18 June 2009.

Any lpsg member who chooses to do so may bring one guest (non-member guest is ok),
just send the RSVP with +1 indicated. No minors please.

Why wait? RSVP today, you can send another RSVP later if you have a change of plans!
It easy, just click on one of the boldface links above to RSVP!

Keep the date open, this will come up before you know it.
Everyone pays for their own food and drinks. Parking in Barney's lot is $4. Street parking on Sundays near Barney's is free, if you can find any spots. Barney's expects each person to spend $4 on food and/or drinks.

Everybody who is an actual LPSG member is welcome. It not necessary to be a "gold" member.
RSVP list will not be posted until 19 June 2009.

Do not contact's Barney's Beanery directly, the arrangements will be made by your RSVP contacts above.
Barney's Beanery
Barneys Beanery by Domenic Priore
barneysmenu
"IF WE DON'T HAVE IT, YOU DON'T NEED IT"

For Barney's beerlist go to post #71 on this thread.
(LPSG software won't let me reload .jpgs twice on the same thread, even if I rename them.)

The manager said she can reserve an area for 20+ people at no extra charge. We're getting started on the early side, so those who work on Monday can leave at a decent hour if they want.
There is a Ramada Inn (former site of the notoriously famous Tropicana Motel) 2 blocks away for those who drive a long distance (or who travel in from out of town) and who don't want to drive all the way back home after the Meetup.
Ramada | West Hollywood California|

Barney's is open till 2 A.M. Monday morning. (They do Karaoke in next room over starting at 10 P.M. on Sundays.
It shouldn't be a bother, if we're still there.)
Please drink responsibly and/or have a designated driver.

Yes, our area includes Booth #34, Janice Joplin's spot (legend has it that she drank her last drink at Barney's).

Although in West Hollywood, the original Barney's Beanery attracts a mixed straight and gay crowd
and has for at least 30 years. There are over 130 varieties of imported and domestic beer, a full bar, a large variety of food from burgers to
salads (also pool tables and video games for those so inclined).

21 June is also Father's Day, the L.A. MEETUP II WILL GO ON AS SCHEDULED.
The meetup should last long enough to work in both events, if you have
plans for earlier in the day. we're scheduled to start around 3p.m., but
will probably be in full effect around 5p.m. (try not to show up at 9 or 10p.m.,
although, we could still be going, it depends...)

Thanks,

offroad

Last edited:

D_Rod Staffinbone

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
barney's has a great jukebox too with 100 CDs. everything from james brown to
depeche mode. several decades of stuff, mostly rock. (jukebox is in the other room,
not IN our "designated area".)

Last edited:

Lifelove, SweetAngieOh and Sweet_Ass are there, I'll be there!

Sweetangieoh

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am sorry I am a little late to the thread, I will try to make it. I usually work at 7am on Monday so not sure how long I will be there. I hope it is a lot of fun and not a lot of drama. I am looking forward to meeting some of the people I have talk to on here. Take care hope my schedule comes together ok so I can go.

Status
Not open for further replies.