Losing belly fat motivation...

james_von05

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I play tennis at least 4-5 hours every week... walk the dog at least 45 mins in the morning and another 45 at night everyday... but my belly fat seems never want to go.

I admit that I have sweet tooth... but I am been cutting down my sugar now...

I just need advice how to lose my belly fat... it is not that massive but I realized one day it doesn't look good when I am sitting. I started doing abs exercsices but how long or how much do I have to do it everyday?

PS
I love eating my dinner and trying to cut down my carbs...

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There's no magical solution. Simply consume fewer calories than you burn off. Work out to burn off calories. Grow your muscles, because a gram of muscle requires a lot more calories to maintain than a gram of fat.

james_von05

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's no magical solution. Simply consume fewer calories than you burn off. Work out to burn off calories. Grow your muscles, because a gram of muscle requires a lot more calories to maintain than a gram of fat.

thank you for reply...

What do you do when you have cravings? I just don't have any control if I feel like eating something... lol

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've read that often times one's thirst is manifested as hunger, i.e., when you're thirsty you think that you're hungry instead. So drink some water
Stay away from artificial sweeteners because they stimulate your insulin production, which will stimulate your cravings for real sugar.
Another trick is to open a can of tuna and eat it. The strong taste will put a damper on other food cravings.

Gtor

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I've read that often times one's thirst is manifested as hunger, i.e., when you're thirsty you think that you're hungry instead. So drink some water
Stay away from artificial sweeteners because they stimulate your insulin production, which will stimulate your cravings for real sugar.
Another trick is to open a can of tuna and eat it. The strong taste will put a damper on other food cravings.

You could also brush your teeth when you get cravings, the taste of toothpaste works just like the tuna fish trick.

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Fewer calories. Cut out the sweets and you'll notice a huge difference after about a month. If you want something to eat you can always cut up some celery which is mostly water anyway and carry it in your lunch box in a baggie. And you are getting some fiber with it too. Drink lots and lots of water. Exercise by lifting weights. It'll raise your heart rate in turn burn more calories. Plus you'll be burning more calories post workout by weight lifting. End result is you'll be more muscular and look healthier.

Reactions: Rustyridge

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
assuming you don't have a medical condition preventing you from proper weight-loss, just do what everyone else is saying. cut back on the calories and work out more. less calories in = more fat burned. work on your ab muscles too so that you can get them stronger and bigger. don't starve yourself, substitute your foods for lesser-calorie foods, drink lotsa fluids, also get some sleep too.

Reactions: Gj816 and DSF140

kelvinza

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Losing belly fat means losing body fat. So i would suggest
1. Burn the calory. You may walk faster when you walk your dog until you are in aerobic period of your heart rate.
2. Work your abs
3. Diet control. But dont lose your love for food :)

Reactions: Gj816

Flexxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Losing belly fat means losing body fat. So i would suggest
1. Burn the calory. You may walk faster when you walk your dog until you are in aerobic period of your heart rate.
2. Work your abs
3. Diet control. But dont lose your love for food :)
Working your abs will NOT reduce bodyfat

Khegan

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Working your abs will NOT reduce bodyfat

So much this.

While the abs are an important muscle group as they are part of your core, but all that working them will do is help them pop once your body fat is low enough to see them.

You would be better served by working your quads, hamstrings, and glutes as they are a bigger group of muscles and will aid more in losing belly fat as larger muscle groups burn more calories. That you and you don't want to be this guy...

chicken-legs-10.jpg

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I tried everything to fight the pot belly. What worked for me was the Ketogentic Diet. In a year and 9 months I lost 11 inches in my abs. I have stayed on the diet and workout with weights 5 to 6 times a week. Now have 16% body fat. Not a fast diet, but sure worked for me and I am never hungry.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I play tennis at least 4-5 hours every week... walk the dog at least 45 mins in the morning and another 45 at night everyday... but my belly fat seems never want to go.

I just need advice how to lose my belly fat... it is not that massive but I realized one day it doesn't look good when I am sitting. I started doing abs exercsices but how long or how much do I have to do it everyday?

PS
If there was a way to get rid of bellyfat specifically... It would be marketed EVERYWHERE. The only way to spot reduce fat is lipo... or maybe one of the laser therapies/cool sculpting. Otherwise, it's up to you and what you put in your mouth. Plain and simple. Eat fewer calories than you use. It's all just an energy equation.

Reactions: socalfreak

torontobjj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

PS

Despite what anyone tells you: Diet is king. If you eat like shit you will look like shit.